What's new

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 : Fever Starts

One word disgrace fat yuvraj needs to lose some weight lazy guy wont even run when it is there :hitwall:

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO india lost after scoring more than 300 runs man i know this match is tie but once you score 300+ runs you are 99 percent to win where are those indian who were counting on india and saying indian bowling is best man they are rubbish bowllers in this world cup even minows team bowlers can bowl better than indian team zaheer khan some indian friends say he is match winner best bowler but he is nothing but stupid and easy can go for runs if india need to win they must score 300 plus runs on every match and they cannot on every match so there chances are small in this WC bowlers who win you match not battters remember this theory and india dont have any bowlers but pakistan do have

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO india lost after scoring more than 300 runs man i know this match is tie but once you score 300+ runs you are 99 percent to win where are those indian who were counting on india and saying indian bowling is best man they are rubbish bowllers in this world cup even minows team bowlers can bowl better than indian team zaheer khan some indian friends say he is match winner best bowler but he is nothing but stupid and easy can go for runs if india need to win they must score 300 plus runs on every match and they cannot on every match so there chances are small in this WC bowlers who win you match not battters remember this theory and india dont have any bowlers but pakistan do have

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yesterday game (India vs Eng) was Full of Entertainment....Thanxs to Zaheer Khan's last spell. Wounderful yourkers.

129157.jpg

Last two overs were awsome...
Wt a six by English born Pakistani Ajmal Shahzad !!!!

129164.jpg

indian think tank need to realize its their world cup, they can tailor some cricket pitch and there is nothing worng - when the world team come to india they know it will be spinning , thats the whole idea of playing around the globe , to play in diffrent condition and diffrent tracks.

india is infect killing the whole idea of world cup happening there. make a few turnning tracks make them play unplayful.

A big big screw up in this WC is the lack of hotspot technology AND keeping umpire referrals. That referral Kamran Akmal took so confidently was a waste, since you can't till fine nicks on camera, but if hotspot was there, it would've revealed the touch.

Big big screw up.

Sehwag, Tendulkar rise in ICC ODI rankings

Their brilliant performance in the first couple of World Cup matches has helped Indian batsmen Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar to rise to fifth and 10th respectively in the ICC one-day rankings issued.

Sehwag, who smashed 175 against Bangladesh, is up six places in the latest chart, while Tendulkar, riding on his 120 against England, has risen five spots.

Indians are headed northward even in the bowling rankings with Zaheer Khan in 14th (up by nine places), Harbhajan Singh in 16th (up by four places) and Munaf Patel in 22nd (up by 11 places).

England captain Andrew Strauss, who struck a 158-run knock in yesterday's thrilling tie against India, is in 13th spot in the batting list, up by eight places.

Others who have gone up the charts are Tamim Iqbal in 23rd (up by three places), Misbah-ul-Haq in 32nd (up by 12 places), Younus Khan in 44th (up by four places) and Kevin O'Brien in 52nd (up by four places).

Australia's Shane Watson, JP Duminy of South Africa, Netherlands' Ryan ten Doeschate and South Africa's Dale Steyn have all achieved personal landmarks.

Watson has climbed four places to break into the top 10 for the first time in his career.

Duminy's has risen two places to share the 15th spot with captain Graeme Smith and West Indies' Chris Gayle while Ten Doeschate has jumped 12 places to 20th.

In the bowling list, Steyn has jumped four places to fourth position.

Batsmen losing ground are Virat Kohli in third (down by one place), Kumar Sangakkara in eighth (down by one place), Gautam Gambhir in 10th (down by one place), Jacques Kallis in 14th (down by six places) and Chris Gayle in 15th (down by five places), Ricky Ponting in 19th (down by six places).

South Africa's duo of Hashim Amla and AB de Villiers maintain the top two positions in batting chart.

Apart from Steyn, Mitchell Johnson of Australia has rocketed 12 places to fifth position after figures of 4-19 and 4-33 against Zimbabwe and New Zealand, respectively.

Also on the move are are Shahid Afridi in 11th position (up by 12 places), Shaun Tait in 29th (up by eight places), Tim Bresnan in 30th (up by 11 places) and Shoaib Akhtar in 37th (up by seven places).

England's James Anderson has taken a nosedive in the latest rankings dropping 12 places to 24th after figures of 0-72 and 1-91 against Netherlands and India, respectively.

Daniel Vettori of New Zealand continues to lead the field with South Africa's Morne Morkel in second place and Ray Price of Zimbabwe moving up one place to third position.

In the Rankings for all-rounders, Ten Doeschate has moved up four places to a career-best fifth as the top four remain unchanged with Bangladesh's Shakib-Al-Hasan leading the way.

Sehwag, Tendulkar rise in ICC ODI rankings

Sehwag and Tendulkar are looking very dangerous right now in fact the whole batting lineup is dangerous but the Indian bowlers really need to pick it up. Bowling is too weak.

:lol: You are too much optimistic.

My predictions for quarter...

Group A:
Australia
Sri Lanka
Pakistan
New Zealand

Group B:
South Africa
India
England
BD/WI

If India is number 2 in group B and Pakistan s number 3 in group A or opposite than their could be a match between them.

I think it is safe to say that Australia and South Africa have a good opportunity to top their respective groups. Pakistan, after defeating Sri Lanka, have a great chance to be no. 2 in group A. India has tied with England, and will need to ensure that their NRR is better than the Englishmen to ensure No. 2 spot in Group B.

So my prediction is (winners in Bold):

Quarters:
Aus vs West Indies
RSA vs New Zealand
India vs Sri Lanka
and Pakistan vs England.

Semi Final:
Aus vs India
Pak vs South Africa

From that point on, anything can happen :cheers:

I think it is safe to say that Australia and South Africa have a good opportunity to top their respective groups. Pakistan, after defeating Sri Lanka, have a great chance to be no. 2 in group A. India has tied with England, and will need to ensure that their NRR is better than the Englishmen to ensure No. 2 spot in Group B.

Quarters:
Aus vs West Indies
RSA vs New Zealand
India vs Sri Lanka
and Pakistan vs England.

Semi Final:
Aus vs India
Pak vs South Africa

acha, when pakistan defeated srilanka the hot favourites, than srilanka became so weak that it definitely be defeated by aussies, and aussies can definitely defeat pakistan naah???

what bull shitt yr?? aussies have not played against both pakistan and srilanka bear in mind

Quarters:
Aus vs West Indies
RSA vs New Zealand
India vs Sri Lanka
and Pakistan vs England.

Semi Final:
Aus vs India
Pak vs South Africa

who will play against whom in quarters..... everything depends on ...

1) India vs SA
2) SL vs Aus
3) BD vs WI
4) Pak vs Aus

Batting or bowling, I’m ready for the job, says Abdul Razzaq

COLOMBO: All-rounder Abdul Razzaq on Tuesday said he was ready to play his part for Pakistan at the World Cup after a quiet opening to the tournament in which he has performed a peripheral role.

The 31-year-old veteran of 256 one-day internationals batted at number eight during Pakistan’s thumping 205-run triumph over Kenya and again in their 11-run win over co-hosts Sri Lanka.

“Definitely, when you get to bat your confidence goes high, but our batting line-up is very strong and I am not getting many chances but whenever I do I am ready to play my part,” said Razzaq.

Razzaq faced just six balls during Pakistan’s 317-7 against Kenya, scoring an unbeaten eight, and played just four deliveries against Sri Lanka, scoring three.

Sharing the new ball with Shoaib Akhtar, he bowled five overs in each game, failing to take a wicket.

Razzaq, who is playing his fourth World Cup and has 262 wickets in ODIs, said sub-continental pitches favour the batsmen.

“If you look at other teams, number seven and eight batsmen are not getting many chances but that is part of the game because the pitches here are slow and help batting.

“I am keeping myself ready in the nets so whenever the team needs me I will be playing my part and do my job of lifting the run rate,” said Razzaq, who hit a 72-ball 109 not out against South Africa in Abu Dhabi last year.

“It is my wish to bat up the order but that’s up to the team requirement, it’s team unity that everyone is doing what is needed, and the aim of every player is to perform when needed,” said Razzaq, who has 4,970 ODI runs.

Razzaq said his role with the new ball was to keep things tight and support Akhtar.

“My role with the new ball is to do five or six overs and take one or two wickets. If I do that it’s good for the team. These are tough wickets for bowlers but I am fit and have experience of bowling on such tracks,” he said.

Pakistan next play Canada in Colombo on Thursday. They top Group A with two wins out of two.

Afridi’s boys look hungrier for win after SL triumph

pak-sl-win.jpg

Pakistan can be proud of their success against Sri Lanka. It was a huge win indeed. Beating the Lions at their den in front of thirty five thousand roaring fans was a blockbuster performance. On the day, boys were technically and temperamentally superior to the Lankans.

Sri Lanka’s tough day at the office, in fact, began at the toss when Sangakkara not only lost it — which statistically put his team’s chances of winning while batting second at a slim thirty eight percent — but surprisingly looked stiff and a bit pre-occupied. May be the pressure of the expectations and not having won a World Cup game against Pakistan made him look grim.

A captain has to maintain strong body language because posturing is such an important tool of the duel. His firm demeanour can lift players and the dressing room in crunch periods of the game. It is to Afridi’s credit that in tense situations, his temperament and toughness did not waver.

The openers set the bar with the right tone that helped to snatch the early momentum away from the Sri Lankans. It also toned down the noise of the home fans!

Kamran Akmal looked comfortable before the run out incident with Hafeez. Appearing shell-shocked after the accident, poor fellow lost his flow and eventually his wicket. At times he doesn’t think like a top order batsman and gives you a feel of a part-timer. To make matters worse, the team think tank seem to be handing him down a script which is against his grain. He is a natural hitter of the ball and caging him in, or for that matter his brother, with alien science is going to clog their minds and confuse them.

Younis and Misbah’s partnership broke the back of the Lankans. Their experience to ride tough situations with calmness and strong nerves that have repelled many attacks came handy to keep Pakistan going. Younis is bright at the crease and functions within his capacity. For a man whose batting life revolves around singles and doubles, it is amazing that he still ends up with run-a-ball sessions, a testimony to his skill to maneuver the field.

Misbah is safe as houses! A late bloomer, he is playing his best cricket at an age when most cricketers, because of wear and tear, can’t even walk stairs! In fact he is best amongst his players to read situations and apply tactics and technique to solve the puzzle.

Shoaib lifted the bowling effort with his committed act. The ball that dismissed Mahela was special. Sri Lanka were so dented by the spectacular drama of the ball uprooting the middle stump, that it affected their rhythm for a good number of overs.

Umar Gul is becoming a bit of a worry, bowling more with his heart and less with his mind. His yorkers need to find target and his tactics need sharpening up. He has to keep it simple and find consistency in line and direction. Cricket at the end of the day is a simple game!

Afridi had no problems in finding wickets. He was once again Pakistan’s best bowler. In fact, Pakistani captain is the X factor, a game changer and an entertainer. Rehman could be well advised to seek his assistance in how to be street-smart thinker when the charge is on. The left-armer looked flat and bereft of ideas when pressure was put on him by the Lankan batsmen.

Pakistan have earned the repect of the world with this victory. It will help them to feel confident of their chances moving forward into the competition. They have given a stern reminder to all the favorites that none is more in the race than Pakistan!

— The writer is a former Pakistan captain.

acha, when pakistan defeated srilanka the hot favourites, than srilanka became so weak that it definitely be defeated by aussies, and aussies can definitely defeat pakistan naah???

what bull shitt yr?? aussies have not played against both pakistan and srilanka bear in mind

Yaar I said that Aus and South Africa have a GOOD OPPORTUNITY to top their groups. That also means that I think South Africa will beat India. I'm not being anti-Pakistan, I'm just expressing my views.

If you want, you can give your opinion as well.

Back
Top Bottom