What's new

ICC Champions Trophy 2017 : News, Update and Discussion

'
Shajida bhen , i disagree. Whens the last time India failed to reach the finals or last 4 of a cricket tourney ?
I dont remember.
Consistency and high standards mark India in every sphere now.
We are NOT chinese quality jo luck pe survive karta hai.
Bhai-saab, every match in cricket is a new match and no one is too good not to face a defeat. Remember South Africa? An extremely great team! A team of all rounders. But still they have trouble reaching to finals.
No one should be arrogant when it comes to one-day cricket. It has too much of volatility in it -- Which is the entire point about one-day cricket. It is a fixture in which underdogs can also bring Gods to ground and hence it pleases us the fans.

To quote 300 -- 'and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed.'

DCIuYkUWAAAon-7.jpg:large

:lol:

final Pakistan vs Bangladesh :D

India, Pakistan & Bangladesh in the Semi- Finals.

Quite a reunion of the 1947 batch !

Happy but a very annoying performance. Champions Trophy couldn't have come at a worse time.
HAPPY??? You kidding me?

This was a pathetic display of batting and we just let them score 40-50 extra runs with our death bowling as well. Sarfaraz messed up for the second time in three matches with his captaincy and we haven't won the match either. Sri Lanka lost it. As they said, it was a case of being less worst on the day.

NOTHING to be happy about from this game.

HAPPY??? You kidding me?

This was a pathetic display of batting and we just let them score 40-50 extra runs with our death bowling as well. Sarfaraz messed up for the second time in three matches with his captaincy and we haven't won the match either. Sri Lanka lost it. As they said, it was a case of being less worst on the day.

NOTHING to be happy about from this game.
What Sarfraz to do with batsman performance? Both time he able to out opponent team on low score to use bowlers, is you want him to stay with each batsman on pitch and direct them how to bat?
And yes he did it with Amir and he performs well. Nothing wrong in win the toss and decide field he is more hopeful on bowling rather than sixty middle order and Azhar.

Well in order to win the next match, Pak has to bat first in order to put some decent runs regardless of pitch. Chasing runs is way too risky for Pakistan.

What Sarfraz to do with batsman performance? Both time he able to out opponent team on low score to use bowlers, is you want him to stay with each batsman on pitch and direct them how to bat?
And yes he did it with Amir and he performs well. Nothing wrong in win the toss and decide field he is more hopeful on bowling rather than sixty middle order and Azhar.
I pointed his "CAPTAINCY" problems not Batting performance, itni tu mujy b samj ha yaar cricket ke!!

His failed with CAPTAINCY for second time in three matches as far as i can see.

Well in order to win the next match, Pak has to bat first in order to put some decent runs regardless of pitch. Chasing runs is way too risky for Pakistan.
Bat first? I think in order to win next match we might have to ask someone ELSE to bat for us altogether!

I pointed his "CAPTAINCY" problems not Batting performance, itni tu mujy b samj ha yaar cricket ke!!

His failed with CAPTAINCY for second time in three matches as far as i can see.

I am confused like the commentators, why he comes to bat so far down the order. Surely he should be the third or fourth man in? I know Hafeez and Malik are supposed to play the "stabilizing" role in the middle, but they clearly arent. Either introduce more new guys or move Sarfaraz up the order, so we dont have more of these last minute panic attack chases. The only reason we won yesterday was because Sri Lanka were horrendous in the field. Far from a convincing performance.

I am confused like the commentators, why he comes to bat so far down the order. Surely he should be the third or fourth man in? I know Hafeez and Malik are supposed to play the "stabilizing" role in the middle, but they clearly arent. Either introduce more new guys or move Sarfaraz up the order, so we dont have more of these last minute panic attack chases. The only reason we won yesterday was because Sri Lanka were horrendous in the field. Far from a convincing performance.
No no, i am not talking about his batting order. I think he is fine where he is as he can play both slow accumulating innings (that we will need most of the time from our number 6/7 :disagree:) or he can be aggressive and hit with a high strike rate to finish things off (the way it is being done in modern cricket). The problem with his captaincy was in bowling.

First, the the team selection was ordinary against India. Junaid was not included, the guy who practically INTRODUCED himself to the world against India in that bilateral series. Then he never used Hafeez even when left handers were batting and was criticized for it a lot.

Then we go to the second match and here, clearly panicked by that criticism of not bowling Hafeez, he over used him. The result, two of the finest bowlers in that day, Iman and Hassan Ali who took 5 wickets between them never completed there full quote of overs. Hafeez was the second most expensive bowler on that day.

Come to this last match, the biggest failure of them all. Again, from 26 for 1 in 6th over we allowed Sri Lanka to get to 82. Imad waseem was brought on BEFORE Hafeez, again, with Dickwella a left handed batsman on crease. It is quite simple and obvious to us fans as well, with left hander on batting you try to give the bowl to Hafeez, it so simple.

These things are not being highlighted since we are winning and managed to reach semi-finals however these little things need to be better managed by Sarfaraz going forward.

Back
Top Bottom