What's new

ICC Awards Incompitant and meaningless

What the hell Gambhir did for India in 2009? he played only 3 test matches and was awarded the player of the year?

Where did Dhoni performed in the whole year? why was he named Captain of the both ODI and test teams although Smith was a lot better than him? whenever SA needed he stood up for SA and lead from the front...... but Dhoni was failed to unite his team on tense situations.... so many things man.... just as smith said, ICC is being controlled by BCCI these days

Awards presented in 2009 are for performance of 2008.

Gambhir scored more than 1100 run in 8 test with 75+ avg.

Dhoni scored more than 1000 runs in 29 odi with avg. of 57 runs. I think you should better go to cricinfo and prepare dates before debating BS.

big deal, india needs to buy its success and plaudits by throwing money at commentators and pundits since they dont have much talent as a nation.

this will be the pattern, get used to it.

This was the height of the conspiracy!!
Please read the post of other Indian members. This would help you. Same ICC and BCCI did this also:

Sports News - Two Pakistan players short-listed for ICC Awards 2009

Two Pakistan players – all-rounder Shahid Afridi and fast bowler Umar Gul – have been nominated for the International Cricket Council (ICC) Awards 2009 to be held in South Africa next month. The players have been short-listed in the category of Twenty20 International Performance of the Year. The duo are joined by West Indies’ Chris Gayle and Sri Lanka’s Tillakaratne Dilshan in the said category. Two Pakistan umpires – Aleem Dar and Asad Rauf – have also been short-listed for the Umpire of the Year Award.

If they were so anti Pakistani. they would not have nominated these peoples at first place.

Please read the post of other Indian members. This would help you. Same ICC and BCCI did this also:

If they were so anti Pakistani. they would not have nominated these peoples at first place.

i never said they were anti-pakistan, improve your comprehension skills

anyhow, its a no brainer that gul and afridi should be there

gul is thebest t20 bowler along with malinga

afridi is the best overall t20 player

what have indian players done that deserve recognition, your thoughts please?

i never said they were anti-pakistan, improve your comprehension skills

I was not referring to your post. Some other member said that. But anyways, it is offtopic.

anyhow, its a no brainer that gul and afridi should be there

gul is thebest t20 bowler along with malinga

afridi is the best overall t20 player

Please read arihant's posts. And ofcourse, nobody is denying that they (Umar and Afridi) are very good players.

You cannot see Indian Performance. India was up and down from no. 1 position in ICC ranking. Team performance depends upon players and they have been awarded. Awards for year 2008 I think, because 2009 is yet to complete. Check performance of 2008 and judge who is better then whom.

Thoughts - ? First accuse BCCI, then players, then umpires... icc... let stop yaar. You even accuse match fixing by Indians....

that same indian team twice unable to reach semis of ICC t20 and CT still they got awards and if gambhir scored runs than younis also scored runs too u forgot the 319 nock sir

They did so to avoid conspiracy and to show that the awards are unbiased!

but believe me these awards are a raw! meaningless and unknown criteria based!

If the talent was the base, Shahid Afridi, Umer Gul, Kamran Akmal would have been the winners!

that same indian team twice unable to reach semis of ICC t20 and CT still they got awards and if gambhir scored runs than younis also scored runs too u forgot the 319 nock sir
If they are listening to the stats then these awards are bogus!

arey mere bhai,look at the timeline considered for the awards.......pak played mindblowing cricket recently,but still at the considered timeframe they played like s§it.......on the other hand india played very consistently at that time......again fyi ,we lost only one match in the ct and another one drained out......just days before we came home being the compaq cup champions,in which finalists of the ct couldnt qualify for the finals!......cricket is weird my friend,we tend to forget things very very quickly!!!

Falcon Bhai this award is for the performance of 2008 not 2009..2008 we had a tremendous run...Most of our players were performing well and Dhoni was proved himself as the Best captain India had..Bhai please check the cric info and other related articles about our performance in 2008 and this players performance at that time line..you will understand that there was no bias in selecting this players...

arey mere bhai,look at the timeline considered for the awards.......pak played mindblowing cricket recently,but still at the considered timeframe they played like s§it.......on the other hand india played very consistently at that time......again fyi ,we lost only one match in the ct and another one drained out......just days before we came home being the compaq cup champions,in which finalists of the ct couldnt qualify for the finals!......cricket is weird my friend,we tend to forget things very very quickly!!!
the award is not to india but to ghambir..... .. wt is the criteria behind it? if he scored runs .. younis also scored runs in their time frame which is used to consider award!

Faisal compare the performances of yunus and gambhir in the considered timeframe!

I am sure even the Indians had their mouths open with surprise when the awards were announced.

No one saw that coming.

Back
Top Bottom