What's new

IAF Shows reservation in operating American fighter Jets

@benny !!don't take it as offence but Eurofighter will definately win mate just look at the recent events ,Eurozone heavly demonstrating everywhere but sadly Rafale looking bit gloomy with indian mmrca race than brazil FX2 RACE... They never showcased their Rafale even in Aero india and Ex garuda .. They might win brazilian FX2 thanks to good relationship with brasil but for mmrca they already lost it long ago..

i hope at last iaf decides its future rather than going into the political pressure of MOD.
its going to be EFT al the way.

There are huge differences between these and one of the frontline fighter of the IAF.

I don't think so. The Su 30mki is the primary Indian fighter aircraft. The cost of the EF & rafale are the primary drawbacks for those aircraft. With deep cuts in the Euro zone countries, one must ask seriously whether they will be in a position to support the platform over the next 30 years. The Rafale also suffers from this drawback since it is only used by the French air force & the lifetime costs of the aircraft along with any upgradation are likely to be astronomical. The Missiles used by Rafale are also very costly & future developments will rely on IAF funding(in a manner of speaking) it.

While I don't think the F-16 has much of a chance, I do believe that F-18 offers the most complete package of the lot. The AESA is a mature one & any costs for further upgradation will not all be borne by the IAF since the US for the reasonable future will continue to operate this aircraft in huge numbers. If a non US choice has to be made, I would much rather the IAF go for the Gripen since it is probably the closest to the aircraft that the IAF originally wanted.

i hope at last iaf decides its future rather than going into the political pressure of MOD.
its going to be EFT al the way.

coming next few years india will have their own EW , A2A missle , radar and other subsystems on board.......

what makes EF or Rafale so speacial then to keep talking about them only....?

IAF want a US fighter , CISMOA is a agreement to keep a communication equipment to communicate with US forces....IAF can go for F-16/18 without signing it ...

and , the P8I that navy is getting has a amarican radar....

the article has no credibility...
Bro -

There is a HUGE difference between a defensive and an offensive military equipeent, and when it comes to fighter planes, not signing CISMOA will have a greater and dengerous impact.

India can manage a stripped p8I and C-17 but not F-18.

This MRCA deal must not go to Americans.....

Hey benny ! !c'mon i thought u going to give me reply bt you are suspended for what buddy ?

We've gone through detailed comparisons before but I'll give you the gist.
Rafale is a better choice because
AESA available with source codes
Single vendor
Good experience with Mirage 2K
Deep TOT
Naval Version already available

this is what the blogers think....

indian forces are interested in US sysstems , and they are buying it too......don't matter whst bloggers wrote...

C-17 , C-130 , P-8I , JAVELIN , CHINOOK , APACHI , The Ultra Light Howizer gun....

i am sure once the IAF get a teste of the US weapons , they will never look back to anywhere else...

Sorry for the off topic post but are the chinook and apache deals finalised?? what about the mi 26(which in my books is a far better heavy transport chopper) and mi 28 havoc(wouldnt be surprised if this one loses the tender though)?

as for the mrca..... full support to EUROFIGHTER(wont be sad if rafale or mig 35(mki'd version, that is with latest avionics and ew suite) win either)

IAF want a US fighter , CISMOA is a agreement to keep a communication equipment to communicate with US forces....IAF can go for F-16/18 without signing it ...

and , the P8I that navy is getting has a amarican radar....

the article has no credibility...
And get the "wonderful American" equipment that is not the worth of the money we pay? No thanks. IAF is not such a big US Fan that it will compromise its operational independence and efficiency to impress a third nation.

Sorry for the off topic post but are the chinook and apache deals finalised?? what about the mi 26(which in my books is a far better heavy transport chopper) and mi 28 havoc(wouldnt be surprised if this one loses the tender though)?

as for the mrca..... full support to EUROFIGHTER(wont be sad if rafale or mig 35(mki'd version, that is with latest avionics and ew suite) win either)

avionics, EW , A2A missle , radar and other subsystems are all build in india , looking at LCA progress.......

EF or Rafale will not offer anything beyond that india didn't already have.....what's the logic of buying any of these two at a cost 3-4 time more then LCA..?

only the amarican Fighter could bring something new and over a lap forward interms of technology..

Bro -

There is a HUGE difference between a defensive and an offensive military equipeent, and when it comes to fighter planes, not signing CISMOA will have a greater and dengerous impact.

India can manage a stripped p8I and C-17 but not F-18.

This MRCA deal must not go to Americans.....

Then forget about the Apache gunship! Nobody is forcing us to buy stripped down versions from the Americans. If we are buying American platforms, then it must follow that we see some benefit in such an action. Strip a P8I & what do you get? Nothing! India could buy any aircraft then. This is just just some uninformed blogging. For reasons that I have stated earlier, i think that F-18 stands a very good chance in the competition, not least because of the engine commonalities with the LCA. Do you think the LCA engine contract was handed out in a vacuum? If either EF or Rafale win, then we would have just added to our engine inventory. The choice of the American engine says quite a bit of where this competition is heading.

Why we need even apacha russia offers equaly good option. cismoa means america can access all our communication data through the equipments and their satalite. They will know where we are bombing or what is our mission or what ever goes through their com equipments.
why the headache go for typhoon or rafale which are new gen, will have better arms and upgrades in future, no need to stand for inspections, can use our own weapons and can make modifications for operational needs,

Back
Top Bottom