What's new

IAF recommending Abhinandan for gallantry award 'Vir Chakra' to support Indian claims

That's probably because there was no official Indian goverment source that claimed 300 kills or any kills at all. They simple claimed attacking JeM camps in Balakot. There were some BJP leaders who made those statements but it wasn't an official Indian government announcement. So it cannot be called a retraction.

However, the claim of downing an F-16 is an official Indian government claim.

You are totally wrong. Killing a number of terrorists, of different specified categories, in Balakot air strikes, is Indian official claim, as stated in the MEA press briefing of 26.02.2019. Listen to that briefing again.

You are totally wrong. Killing a number of terrorists, of different specified categories, in Balakot air strikes, is Indian official claim, as stated in the MEA press briefing of 26.02.2019. Listen to that briefing again.

Agreed. I take it back.

I think what Sushma Swaraj meant is that no Pakistani soldiers or civilians were killed. Instead only terrorists were killed. She should have used the word civilians instead of citizens. That just confuses everything. BJP has handled the whole thing very poorly, including the lack of clarity in this statement.

If US wished they could issue an official statement, and have killed the falsification.
Similarly, Pakistan can also show the certificate of healthy count by US team.
Seeing india moving with such a confidence, i tend to believe that a deal has been reached between SMQ and CIA to not cause embarrassment to Indians.
Understandable considering SMQ, Hussein Haqqani & RAW drafted kerry lugar bill.

his only achievement was he was beaten by Pakistanis in air and on ground :rofl:

Agreed. I take it back.

I think what Sushma Swaraj meant is that no Pakistani soldiers or civilians were killed. Instead only terrorists were killed. She should have used the word civilians instead of citizens. That just confuses everything. BJP has handled the whole thing very poorly, including the lack of clarity in this statement.

I don't think that BJP has committed any mistake here. They have perfectively achieved their prime objective, which was to raise their dwindling vote bank, in order that Modi shall become PM again with a comfortable majority. I think, they are going to get it on 23 May.

I don't think that BJP has committed any mistake here. They have perfectively achieved their prime objective, which was to raise their dwindling vote bank, in order that Modi shall become PM again with a comfortable majority. I think, they are going to get it on 23 May.

They are likely to get power again but this incident has very little to do with that. Theyw ere going to get it anyway. People are still averse to voting for Congress and want to give Modi another chance. But this may be his final.

This has lowered the value of their highest honour. There is no shame giving it to man who fought for his country and showed bravery in the face of superior forces but this is a gallantry award being given to hold up a lie. No Balakot strikes, no proof of F16, then added more iies and the final nail in the coffin of the Indian integrity. Wow burning everything to win an election.

his only achievement was he was beaten by Pakistanis in air and on ground :rofl:

Well he did take the fight to the PAF despite being on the defensive side. That's not easy. Besides, may be, just may be he did shoot down an F-16 ;).

But even Pakistanis will agree his conduct after being caught was exemplary. He cared less about his life and more for those important papers. He could have used that pistol to kill some of the Pakistani villagers but instead chose to use to only scare them away. These things tell you something about the man. And for this reason perhaps he deserves this.

They are likely to get power again but this incident has very little to do with that. Theyw ere going to get it anyway. People are still averse to voting for Congress and give Modi another chance. But this may be his final.

I am of the view that without Balakot strikes, BJP and its electoral allies would have fallen quite short of the requisite simple majority in the Lok Sabha. A hung parliament would have come and regional parties would had got the decisive hand. But now apparently, the game is in favor of Modi, thanks to Balakot.

Last edited:
I am of the view that without Balakot strikes, BJP and its electoral allies would have fallen quite short of the requisite simple majority in the Lok Sabha. A hung parliament would have come and regional parties would had got the decisive factor. But now apparently, the game is in favor of Modi, thanks to Balakot.

May be you are right. Cant' say. If you see the opinion polls, BJP has received on a slight bump since Balakot. But may be you are right. Btw, he could lose too. The scanrio this time is similar to 2004 and even then opinion polls suggested a bJP win but they lost.

Well he did take the fight to the PAF despite being on the defensive side. That's not easy. Besides, may be, just may be he did shoot down an F-16 ;).

But even Pakistanis will agree his conduct after being caught was exemplary. He cared less about his life and more for those important papers. He could have used that pistol to kill some of the Pakistani villagers but instead chose to use to only scare them away. These things tell you something about the man. And for this reason perhaps he deserves this.

He, no doubt, is a brave and honorable soldier, with a sense of dignity. Product of good upbringing.

Why would Pakistan hand over an Indian pilot who might have shot down PAF F16? He would have been neutralised there and then. Pakistan would hand over him to India for all the propaganda purpose, does it make any sense what so ever? How far India has gone with Kulbashan Yadev?

And he was wise not to shoot at any Pakistani villager, otherwise he could be on receiving end of a AK47 burst. Pakistan is not like India. Our citizens are normally armed.

May be you are right. Cant' say. If you see the opinion polls, BJP has received on a slight bump since Balakot. But may be you are right. Btw, he could lose too. The scanrio this time is similar to 2004 and even then opinion polls suggested a bJP win but they lost.

In any case, I think that even if BJP and their electoral allies are short of say up to 50 votes; they would be in a far better position than Congress to manipulate and gain the allies to form government.

Back
Top Bottom