What's new

IAF R-73/R-77 AAMs recovered from Mig-21 wreckage l Abhinandan did not fire any missile

now I manage to get more clear pics from one of the HD video of crashed site .... showing many things like HUD, turbine stage of engine, parts of both missiles and PROBABLY (in capital letters as its not confirm) SPJ etc.

Hence, tagged you because it was you taking out all pieces from HD video previously. The seeker etc now be matched with Abhi's helmet.

yar I'll say again! abhi none done was the su30 pilot, it was the su30 that was searching for targets and got intercepted by the Thunders while the mig21 tried to intercept our other two Thunders coming back from the strikes on the indian brigade headquarters.

simple question...why would abhi none done say he was looking for targets to bomb if he was flying the mig21 with only air to air missiles? the dead sikh pilot was the mig21 pilot, abhi none done was the su30 pilot.

Will make out all but not now. Surprise ahead.

It seems it was on interception mission .... not on CAP mission
additionally it seems MiG-21 was carrying 2 WVR missiles + 1 fuel tank + and probably one SPJ
well the cap missions are there to carry out intercept missions. once they engage in some intercept mission, another cap mission takes off to take their place or maybe assist.

Here is the imgae of both plz compare it.

View attachment 547144
img_20190318_002626-jpg.547137

So based on these two images, the missile farther away is the r73 for sure but the other one closer to the camera is NOT the r77, its too thin and wings aren't as big as the r77. Question is, which one is the second missile?

it was you taking out all pieces from HD video previously. The seeker etc now be matched with Abhi's helmet.
A different HD video shown more detail few samples

Turbine stage
Jet Turbine stage of MiG-21 Bison 27-2-2019 -1.jpg

HUD of Crashed MiG-21 of Indian Air
HUD of Crashed MiG-21 of Indian Air force 27-2-2019.jpg

Bullets and section of Missile Body
Bullets and section of Missile Body.jpg

well the cap missions are there to carry out intercept missions. once they engage in some intercept mission, another cap mission takes off to take their place or maybe assist.
If I remember correctly it took off from the base after the incursion by PAF jets and was not performing CAP mission before, but I have to check many article to reconfirm this.

So based on these two images, the missile farther away is the r73 for sure but the other one closer to the camera is NOT the r77, its too thin and wings aren't as big as the r77. Question is, which one is the second missile?
The missile near the camera is also R-73 you are not being able to recognise it because the tail is placed inverse.

The wreckage images also had the missile parts in them.

Mig bison pay load included fuel tanks Elta 8222 and R-73

IMG_20190318_011738.jpg

A different HD video shown more detail few samples

Turbine stage
View attachment 547145

HUD of Crashed MiG-21 of Indian Air
View attachment 547147
Bullets and section of Missile Body
View attachment 547148

If I remember correctly it took off from the base after the incursion by PAF jets and was not performing CAP mission before, but I have to check many article to reconfirm this.
Even of it did, it would still be in the cap config. it can't afford to go into combat with just internal fuel and center fuel tank. Not enough fuel to fight on.

They could have come from a Mig21 as per below IAF loadout example.

IAF_AAM_21.jpg

The missile near the camera is also R-73 you are not being able to recognise it because the tail is placed inverse.

The wreckage images also had the missile parts in them.

Mig bison pay load included fuel tanks Elta 8222 and R-73

View attachment 547149
OH ok ok, yeah I see what you mean now...

They could have come from a Mig21 as per below IAF loadout example.

View attachment 547150
No, I think @BHarwana is right, they are both r73s. The body of r77 is far too thick compared to the r73 in your pic which is not the case in this pic...

Back
Top Bottom