What's new

IAF might get upto 300 FGFA

Novator K-100 has a semi-active guidance system, that means it'll have to be guided to a great extent towards its target until the onboard sensors picks up the target.
So you have two choices.
1. Let the launch platform (Su-30MKI) do the guidance and let it to come within the enemy radar tracking range.
Or 2. Let an AWACS handle the guidance part and keep both the launch platform and the AWACS away from the enemy radar coverage.
Easier said then done.

350-400 km, if launched from an altitude (generally over 10000-15000ft above the sea surface).

source please, a reliable one of that too.
From the digging I have done, it shows up as a 200km confirmed range and the 300-400km is speculated.

And lets be realistic, a missile fired 400kms away??? gives the enemy a lot of time to employ protective counter measures.... giving chase to an object 400kms away is hard stuff. Especially considering the powerful EW jamming suites of AESA AWACS.

@ jungibaaz.... Manouverability is also very important in bvr combat if you want to dodge/fool the missile...... The israelis, for example, have perfected the art of dodging bvr missiles - and indian air force has very good relations with the isaf, so you can be pretty sure that we would have learnt this trick from the them

dodging missiles??? this isn't a video game...

most BVRAAMs can out turn any plane, If a pilot was subjected to those kind of G forces they would black out or worse die!

as far as i know the max range of novator is 350-400km.....
And your assertion that the f 16 will shoot first may very well turn out to be false as the mki has a very good jammer and should be able to jam the f 16s missiles....this was mentioned in the lecture by the us colonel after red flag 08 excercises

AWACS have a damn good Jamming system too, if that is the case then, then if Pakistani and or Indian AWACS come into play, all missiles on either sides will become duds??? Missiles are not so easy to Jam.

And if ripple fired, jamming missiles becomes pretty useless.

Easier said then done.

source please, a reliable one of that too.
From the digging I have done, it shows up as a 200km confirmed range and the 300-400km is speculated.

And lets be realistic, a missile fired 400kms away??? gives the enemy a lot of time to employ protective counter measures.... giving chase to an object 400kms away is hard stuff. Especially considering the powerful EW jamming suites of AESA AWACS.

IAF plans to procure long-range missiles - Brahmand.com

Read the whole article.

Yes, there's a possibility of jamming, but that depends on the terminal guidance system. And Novator already has anti-jamming measures fitted with it.

AWACS have a damn good Jamming system too, if that is the case then, then if Pakistani and or Indian AWACS come into play, all missiles on either sides will become duds??? Missiles are not so easy to Jam.

Offcourse buddy novator claimed ti be awacs killler. They are not stupids to forget jamming pods.

Heard about AA-12 ADDER R-77??.............If not then let me tell you it can home on the jamming source.......and most Russian BVRAAMs have double guidance i.e. if one fails other works.

IAF plans to procure long-range missiles - Brahmand.com

Read the whole article.

Yes, there's a possibility of jamming, but that depends on the terminal guidance system. And Novator already has anti-jamming measures fitted with it.

300-400km range is speculated, not confirmed.

This anti-jamming capability.... to what extent does it work? what system?
Can the anti-jamming capability on a small missile out do jammers on an AESA AWACS.

IF it truly is an effective AWACS killer, how come the US or European countries haven't invested in one?

and most Russian BVRAAMs have double guidance i.e. if one fails other works.

that is not the way they work. They require radar lock for the early stages of chase, when they get close enough they can guide themselves onto a target.
Most missiles use this, nothing special about the Russian missiles...
Radar lock guidance, INS and self-homing.

China is making such AWACS killers too.

R-27T_Kh_59ME_Kh-31P.jpg

Kh-31A.jpg

It seems we forgot what was the thread all about.An FGFA thread has become AWACS thread.lol.

It seems we forgot what was the thread all about.An FGFA thread has become AWACS thread.lol.

:D from JF-17 vs MKI to MKI vs F-16
Now AWACS vs AWACS and Novator vs AWACS

I must say, I got carried away with the debating. :lol:

that is not the way they work. They require radar lock for the early stages of chase, when they get close enough they can guide themselves onto a target.
Most missiles use this, nothing special about the Russian missiles...
Radar lock guidance, INS and self-homing.

the Novator K-100 at first uses INS Guidance which during its flight path uses Mid-course updates being fed by the MKI along with the Phalcon AWACS and when it is 50KM away from its target the Active seeker is activated and it homes on,if however the seeker is jammed the missile switches to a passive anti-radiation seeker and homes in.Even if one missile jammed a salvo of 2-3 AAMs will do it.

Back
Top Bottom