What's new

IAF might get upto 300 FGFA

The JHMCS of the F-16 undermines, superior maneuverability of MKI.
But true maneuverability does give an edge in WVR combat.

I think it will be down to the pilots

The IAF Su 30MKIs use israely DASH helmet mounted sights and R 73 and Python 5 high off boresight AAMs combo for WVR combat.
And regarding your last line,well I have got only 3 words for ya pal-can't agree more.
REGARDS....

The IAF Su 30MKIs use israely DASH helmet mounted sights and R 73 and Python 5 high off boresight AAMs combo for WVR combat.
And regarding your last line,well I have got only 3 words for ya pal-can't agree more.
REGARDS....

thanks, I was not aware about which HMS system the MKI used. Will be doing some digging on it :bounce:

Whether Indians or Pakistanis, serving the motherland will give a new meaning to the life. All the best for your next attempt bro...

Many many thanks for your words mate.But I crossed my 19th year the previous month and can't give the NDA exam again.I have been now dedicated to my medicle course.:cry:

no way,china wont use J-20 stealth tech on J-10b. and j10 capable to track 10 targets , 2 can be engaged simultaneously with semi-active radar homing missiles or 4 can be engaged with active radar homing missiles.Due to the J-10's aerodynamically unstable design, a digital quadruplex-redundant fly-by-wire flight control system aids the pilot in flying the aircraft.

General characteristics

Crew: 1 (basic), 2 (trainer variant)[13]
Length: 16.43 m [40] (53 ft 10 in)
Wingspan: 9.75 m [40] (31 ft 11 in)
Height: 4.78 m (15.7 ft)
Wing area: 39 m² (419.8 ft²)
Empty weight: 9,750 kg (21,495 lb [41])
Loaded weight: 14,876 kg (32,797 lb)
Useful load: 4,500 kg[42][43] (9,920 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 19,277 kg (42,500 lb[13])
Powerplant: 1 × Saturn-Lyulka AL-31FN or WS-10A Taihang turbofan
Dry thrust: 79.43 kN / 89.17 kN (17,860 lbf / 20,050 lbf)
Thrust with afterburner: 122.5 kN[13] / 132 kN (27,557 lbf / 29,101 lbf)

Performance

Maximum speed: Mach 2.0 at altitude,[40] Mach 1.2 at sea level[8]
g-limits: +9/-3 g (+88/-29 m/s², +290/-97 ft/s²[8])
Combat radius: 1600 km[44] with in-flight refueling ()
Service ceiling: 18,000 m (59,055 ft [45])
Wing loading: 335 kg/m² (69 lb/ft²)
Thrust/weight: 0.98

Armament

Guns: 1× 23mm twin-barrel cannon
Hardpoints: 11 in total (6× under-wing, 5× under-fuselage) with a capacity of 6,000 kg (13,228 lb) external fuel and ordnance [31]
Rockets: 90 mm unguided rocket pods
Missiles:
Air-to-air missiles: PL-8, PL-9, PL-11, PL-12
Air-to-surface missiles: PJ-9, YJ-9K
Bombs: laser-guided bombs (LT-2), glide bombs (LS-6) and unguided bombs
Others:
Up to 3 external fuel drop-tanks (1× under-fuselage, 2× under-wing) for extended range and loitering time

Avionics

NRIET KLJ-10 multi-mode fire-control radar
Externally-mounted avionics pods:
Type Hongguang-I infra-red search and track pod
BM/KG300G self-protection jamming pod
KZ900 electronic reconnaissance pod
Blue Sky navigation/attack pod
FILAT (Forward-looking Infra-red Laser Attack Targeting) pod
Oh,My friend,you are make some misstake.This is J-10A/S data,not J-10B.Than in the J-10A,J-10B with DSI,AESA,integrated electronic warfare systems,low detectability,Smaller weight and more power.By the way,the KJ-2000 rader's chief engineer said,the j-20's rader than f-22's rader is not poor. Our opponent is the US, please do not use Indian standards to measure our

Oh,My friend,you are make some misstake.This is J-10A/S data,not J-10B.Than in the J-10A,J-10B with DSI,AESA,integrated electronic warfare systems,low detectability,Smaller weight and more power.By the way,the KJ-2000 rader's chief engineer said,the j-20's rader than f-22's rader is not poor. Our opponent is the US, please do not use Indian standards to measure our

Dont be Ridiculous it is just comparison of Tech, not comparing whole feet, then why you bring j-10b in this thread. Low detectabilty means are you making it stealthy,Right now China works to develop Stealth tech on J-20. to make J-10B as stealthy it needs modify whole designing of Fighter. What kind of engine that J-10B uses. give some data about Kj-2000 radar.

Many many thanks for your words mate.But I crossed my 19th year the previous month and can't give the NDA exam again.I have been now dedicated to my medicle course.:cry:

Dony you have any entry to forces after graduation?

Dony you have any entry to forces after graduation?

he stated NDA.
Admission Details
Eligibility Criteria

XII Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities. Candidate appearing for above examination can also apply.
Unmarried male candidates only
Age between 16 1/2 to 19 years
Nationality - A candidate must be either:
A citizen of India, or
A subject of Bhutan, or
A subject of Nepal, or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam, with the intention of permanently setting in India)

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Selection Procedure
The process of selecting cadets for the National Defence Academy is split into three phases :

A written examination held by the Union Public Service Commission.
An interview by the Service Selection Board to assess a candidate's officer potentialities ( Intelligence and personality test ).
A medical examination by a Service Medical Board.

Dont be Ridiculous it is just comparison of Tech, not comparing whole feet, then why you bring j-10b in this thread. Low detectabilty means are you making it stealthy,Right now China works to develop Stealth tech on J-20. to make J-10B as stealthy it needs modify whole designing of Fighter. What kind of engine that J-10B uses. give some data about Kj-2000 radar.
Low detectabilty is no=stealthy .Otherwise it's the 5th fight. It can PK ef-2000 only. j-10b use the al-31 engine now .because China bought a lot of al-31 engie and using the WS-10 need to be modefy the shape. Don't worry it,the PAF's j-10b must use the WS-10. I don't know kj-2000 radar's data,but i know its radar power is largest in the world's AWECS

Low detectabilty is no=stealthy .Otherwise it's the 5th fight. It can PK ef-2000 only. j-10b use the al-31 engine now .because China bought a lot of al-31 engie and using the WS-10 need to be modefy the shape. Don't worry it,the PAF's j-10b must use the WS-10. I don't know kj-2000 radar's data,but i know its radar power is largest in the world's AWECS
please provide source. so your point is reduced RCS. stealth technology used for low detectability ok.

please provide source. so your point is reduced RCS. stealth technology used for low detectability ok.
If you understand the Chinese please click this: ??-10BJ-10B?_?_?_
There is a passage:J-10B大幅度增加复合材料使用量,尝试了缩减RCS的工艺,除了DSI进气道、机身修形外,还尽可能减少机体外表的突出物,将航灯改为半埋式,将冷却空气进气口从外凸型改为附体的嵌入式。。。J-10B在工艺上提升很大,RCS缩小一个数量级,类似于台风、阵风和F-18E/F。J-10B的RCS 小于1m²,是我军目前已服役战斗机中RCS最小的机种。

GO FOR CDS EXAMS after graduations if want to get into IMA age 21-25 years for graduates..............won't need to pass any written test if you have C-level NCC certificate..................and thats for permanent commission............for IAF and Navy you need Physics as a subject none such req. For the Army.

All the best. i am also mess the chance. in my family almost 7 members are in army and Airforce. 3 of them retired and 4 are working now.

Wow.. This thread has outlived my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom