What's new

Featured IAF Mig 21 crashed during a training sortie

why are we using this junk

Simple logical answer would be that India do not have money to buy new jets as replacements. You just have to look at how all these years, India was touting about around 120 new jets but endup ordering very few Rafale, with then Defense minster Parrikar famously saying:

Will buy only 36 Rafales, no need for 126: Parrikar - The Hindu

I also feel like having a BMW and Mercedes. But I don’t because I can’t afford it."

With Covid situation in India, I doubt the situation will improve anytime soon.

Rip, india needs to fix this issue ASAP or it’ll become a huge huge hassle.

The pilot attempt to reach China to get oxygen but it didnt make it! Pity poor Indian pilot. :disagree:
RIP for Pilot. India must court Marshall those lagoons who called them planners in IAF. They maked MIg21 (one of the best plane in the world in 70's and 80's) a flying coffins

Im sure Indians will demand someone to be held responsible and call for regime change and it wont be burried in their defective bureaucracy run by corrupt Indian princelings and their cousins and forgotten by the next upcoming fake election cycle and lessons will be learned and flaws quickly reformed, just like the last 400-500 times these Indian aicrafts crashed

100 percent we cannot afford to buy 126 Rafale
we,would need 25 billion dollars
that's why we brought 36 only

Simple logical answer would be that India do not have money to buy new jets as replacements. You just have to look at how all these years, India was touting about around 120 new jets but endup ordering very few Rafale, with then Defense minster Parrikar famously saying:

Will buy only 36 Rafales, no need for 126: Parrikar - The Hindu

I also feel like having a BMW and Mercedes. But I don’t because I can’t afford it."

With Covid situation in India, I doubt the situation will improve anytime soon.
It's not like India doesn't have the money, it's just rationalized buying. Parkar was one of the best dm, India lost a good soldier in him

It's not like India doesn't have the money, it's just rationalized buying. Parkar was one of the best dm, India lost a good soldier in him

They dont have the money, Parrikar was as clear as he could get. You cant buy what you cant afford. Simple as that.

hopefully the pilot survived and glad that there was no loss of life on the ground.
machines can be replaced not people.

I will be careful and wont joke about crashes of IAF. we our selves are not immune to commercial and military jet crashes which is very tragic.
RIP soldier. Fallen soldiers merit respect, irrespective of nationality.
that is sad news. I was hoping the pilot was able to eject in time.,
RIP soldier. Fallen soldiers merit respect, irrespective of nationality.
that is true because , such ill thought jokes come back to bite back since the aviation accidents also dont discriminate in terms of faith or nationality.

Back
Top Bottom