What's new

Featured IAF Mi-17-V5 Helicopter carrying CDS Bipin Rawat with family crashes

I was just explaining the missing part of oxford history, got nothing to do with the current online brawl among posters
But that is part of the threads narrative - a rival military offering condolences is part of realpolitik and not some expression of weakness.
Same reason sweets are exchanged on important occasions.

He was only carrying out the example of the prophet - know exactly where, when and how to hit and where to be lenient

Or an insecure terrorist

If iam not mistaken the priests of laat uzza etc met the same fate during the conquest of Makkah, executed when found .

If iam not mistaken the priests of laat uzza etc met the same fate during the conquest of Makkah, executed when found .
Again - I emphasize the seerat since it goes further than that including “influencers” that were targeted because they were strategic threats.
Insignificant people with no influence or impact on Islamic life were simply left alone.

I would think this is more analogous to ACM Mushaf’s crash in Kohat due to a pilot trying to shine in front of the chief.
Really is that what happened, damn..... if i recall one of the pilot was a former Viper driver who appeared in a PAF TV drama as well.

Really is that what happened, damn..... if i recall one of the pilot was a former Viper driver who appeared in a PAF TV drama as well.
That is the most circulated tru-mour.
The Fokker was caught in a wind shear as it passed more low than required between two peaks.

That is the most circulated tru-mour.
The Fokker was caught in a wind shear as it passed more low than required between two peaks.
Right, i was talking about this officer A/C Rizwan who was also killed in that crash....not sure if he was one of the pilots....the rumour i did hear was that ACM Mir was against giving Americans a freehand in Afghanistan or something.

1638986627742.png

Right, i was talking about this officer A/C Rizwan who was also killed in that crash....not sure if he was one of the pilots....the rumour i did hear was that ACM Mir was against giving Americans a freehand in Afghanistan or something.

View attachment 799725
ACdre Rizwan is the reason I never went to the PAF or stayed in Pakistan- in a good way. He advised me to get out of Pakistan because that is where I would shine and I took it to heart with results beyond my own expectations . But yes him and the entire cream was lost in that crash.

For Bipin it could be the pilot was trying to keep the CGS happy and on time taking a risk flying out in those conditions. Normally on air charts power lines are marked so perhaps he never looked or the charts were never updated.

So a measured response that reflects practical realities. The same way, this man was responsible for oversight or overlooked rapes and fake encounters yet the condolences were provided to the post of Chief of General Staff. No need to send flowers and if that was done it would be overdoing it.

Best would be for our damn ISPR/Generals to keep their mouths shut, and stay off social media. Diplomatically and none response would have gotten the message accross.

The total flight was less than 60kms. It crashed not far away from army outpost.

What could possibly go wrong technically for such a short haul vvip flight? What are the legal proceedings for the newly vacated newly commissioned CDS post?

Lack of basic flight safeties now coming as given on almost every helo, like a terrain collision warning radar?

Flying a machine famously easy to rotor stall/loose control/get into VOR

Hydraulic failure — because it's famously unreliable on Mi8/17/171 line, and Russians have never ever fixed it in over 60 years.

Yoke line leak — as said above. Mi 17 is using oil lines to connect the yoke to servos, using dozens of tiny, jewelry work like fine parts, which can break easily.

PLA was losing few Mi17s a year due to both crashes, and breakdowns on the ground back in nineties.

Back
Top Bottom