What's new

IAF fighter jet crashes in Rajasthan; no casualties reported

Daedalus

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Bikaner, Rajasthan: A Jaguar aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) tonight crashed near Bholasar village in Rajasthan's Bikaner district but the pilot and co-pilot ejected safely.

Defence spokesperson S D Goswami said the pilots detected a technical problem while landing at Nal airport in Bikaner and ejected in a timely fashion.

A court of inquiry has been ordered to ascertain facts.

The aircraft, which was on a routine training sortie, took off from Nal airport but crashed between Bholasar and Akasar villages.

Police said there was no immediate report of any loss to civil property.

This is first incident of an IAF plane crashing this year.

IAF fighter jet crashes in Rajasthan; no casualties reported | NDTV.com

Start of the year with a bang. Thank god the pilots are safe. Machines can be replaced, not the men. If one has to guess, I could go with shitty maintenance.

damn .. why the fcuk these upgraded jets crashing ?

Good the pilot servived.
His life is most important I hope they look into matter and find the failure cause to fix so other pilots remain safe.
Hope they won't delay mrca as much they are planning to after seeing birds falling

Last edited:
Lucky the boys escaped, we lost two pilots in a crash just this week.
Yes.. That's the worst part of an accident.. Aircrafts are dime a dozen (atleast figuratively), pilots are priceless.. That's why its so irresponsible of the GoI that allows them to go up in planes well past their shelf life..

Yes.. That's the worst part of an accident.. Aircrafts are dime a dozen (atleast figuratively), pilots are priceless.. That's why its so irresponsible of the GoI that allows them to go up in planes well past their shelf life..

They're soldiers, and soldier's blood comes cheap to our politicians. That's one thing we have in common........:p:

Lucky the boys escaped, we lost two pilots in a crash just this week.[/quote
Sorry about that, no doubt every country prepare for war but so many life and money is lost.

iaf must increase order for tejas mk1 for atleast 80 in total we losing number game

Start of the year with a bang. Thank god the pilots are safe. Machines can be replaced, not the men. If one has to guess, I could go with shitty maintenance.

Please don't guess. Let thee court of inquiry find out the reason in a professional manner. Ascribing blame on the basis of guesses is always a disservice to somebody - in this case, the maintainance crew.

Please don't guess. Let thee court of inquiry find out the reason in a professional manner. Ascribing blame on the basis of guesses is always a disservice to somebody - in this case, the maintainance crew.
I'm not saying they (maintenance crew) are incompetent, just not set up adequately. One just have to take a look at the whole MRO situation of India run by HAL. Ofcourse, it will all get clear once the report is out.

damn .. why the fcuk these upgraded jets crashing ?
How do you know they were upgraded? The most they would be is DARIN II. The DARIN III work which will include re-engining has yet to be taken fleet-wide. This will dramatically improve the safety of these birds.

I'm not saying they (maintenance crew) are incompetent, just not set up adequately. One just have to take a look at the whole MRO situation of India run by HAL. Ofcourse, it will all get clear once the report is out.
I'm sorry but what are you talking about? You are jumping to conclusions and making false assertions. MRO facilities in India for all but the MiGs are top-notch and you can't blame the MiG situation on HAL but the Ruskies, the IAF has had to take the unprecedented step of going to third parties for spares for Russian origin assets as the Russians just couldn't deliver.

Back
Top Bottom