What's new

MiG-21 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot ejects safely

price n high maintenance cost kills it

That baby may be high maintenance, but it ties in with Western doctrine of expending materials over lives. Besides logically speaking, in war you will always want the edge, whether it is qualitative or quantitative. The U.S has opted for quality and despite it's high costs, it is the ace in the deck for the U.S.A.F against it's closest opponents "in service" and "about to enter service". Of course I understand where you're coming from, considering that the IAF doctrine is vastly different from the USAF, it cannot afford to buy and maintain planes of this caliber to defend a country the size of India.

I never heard indian jets crashing any where else than Pakistan border!
Could it be some secret technology by Pakistani army.. which jams Indina a/c without indinas noticing?

Could it be some secret technology by Pakistani army.. which jams Indina a/c without indinas noticing?

What you're describing is radar jamming (correct me if I misunderstood), how it can cause bird hits, engine flame-outs, and pilot error is beyond my reasoning....

Of course I understand where you're coming from, considering that the IAF doctrine is vastly different from the USAF, it cannot afford to buy and maintain planes of this caliber to defend a country the size of India.
even the failing economy of US cant afford it. they have stopped its production

It's Official: F-22 production stopped at 187 aircraft
f-22raptor. com/news_view.php?nid=415

Really ??? where did PAF park its intercepters ??? Near border or in the capital ???

Back
Top Bottom