What's new

IAF AN-32 Missing with crew of 29 in Bay of Bengal

tbh im suprised this happend im sure thses birds are extreamly robust they can fly one on engine no problem. therefore i believe. they must have flown into some very very bad weather where mother nature won and took 29. also it could be a possibility of a very bad upgrade from urkraine they have done this before with mig 21's where they used parts from a crashed mig and up it onto ann "upgraded one"

https://www.rt.com/news/337010-ukraine-fake-jets-croatia/

i like to make it clear im speculating here

Cn-AB5NUAAALsVS.jpg

Negative

Very sturdy & robust equipment

Not negative but factual
Reliability is not about just how robust and sturdy things are but also about performance under different conditions. Most of the Russian aircrafts are built like tanks but they are much less reliable than any thing offer by USA. For example compare the accident records of An-32 with C-130H and you will know the difference. Russian passenger aircrafts are also very unreliable and have met a lot of accidents and often much less reported to the outside world.
Take any military aircraft of US origin and compare the data for engine failure and time between overhauls with any Russian A/C and you will find a big difference.

Murphy's law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Oh this is really bad.

I pray that they are alive and found in time.

Probably a lightning strike as weather was pretty bad. I wonder how and why they got clearance to fly through CB clouds?

By sources it is now known that last contact was made when plane was at 23000 Ft. There were 6 Crew members (Including 3 officers), 11 Other IAF personal (1 Officer), 2 Army jawans, 1 Coast Guard sailor, 1 Navy sailor and 8 naval civilians on board.
One C130, with two AN-32 and another two P8i have been pressed into search operation service. Navy has sent two Dornier aircraft and 13 ships. A submarine has been diverted to bay of Bengal to detect underwater transmission of missing AN-32.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom