What's new

Featured IAF airlifts dozens of tanks to Ladakh to beef up firepower

good. You took your time to research. Now indulge me on why this will not affect your tank at all.
Variable geometry turbochargers, electronic manipulation of intake pressure to the engine. At higher elevations, modern engines take elevation readings using TMap ( temperature and manifold absolute pressure) sensor at every engine shut down and before every start, that how they determine the elevation they are working on. If you transport a vehicle loaded in a truck / aircargo from sea level to himalayan heights, an older engine will not know the elevation, and cant adjust its inlet pressure to compensate, modern engines can. Thats the difference between new chinese tank and T90 as of now.

I would say that a WAR is not a joke.

Killing some troops on the border is one thing, taking on a military as a whole is another matter altogether. Let us not forget this.

@Joe Shearer

YOU need (courage) to put up a fight, not posturing and theories. Indians learned to fight well enough after experiences in the 1960s but the current crop is only good at posturing and theories. Its like Indians have lost their game.

What was
Yes, proud to be free "Castrocracy slaves" never be a CCP slave
Its so heart warming and touche, it brought tears to my eyes:cry:

52624709.cms

China has one of the top slave populations.

Whats your point again?

I would say that a WAR is not a joke.

Killing some troops on the border is one thing, taking on a military as a whole is another matter altogether. Let us not forget this.

@Joe Shearer

YOU need (courage) to put up a fight, not posturing and theories. Indians learned to fight well enough after experiences in the 1960s but the current crop is only good at posturing and theories. Its like Indians have lost their game.

EVERYONE has an opinion; you have one. The contents are noted.

To be quite honest, the views are so flimsy as to make it difficult to answer. It's like saying your friend's aunt was pretty, but now she isn't. Our troops were good enough in 47-48; in 65; in 71 (on the western sector); in 99.....so where does one draw the line? When did you discover Indian troops to be not good enough? What made you think so, just the way you felt after burning the toast, or was there anything more material?

I am sorry, but these claims that India is now radically different and has deteriorated sound incongruous (the politest word I could find). It is based on a personal opinion, one that is less than neutral and is less than free from bias. If you have a logical point to make, go ahead; if not, then this sort of post is just 'noise', as in noise to signal ratio.

And a good day to you, too.:enjoy:

Indians have the freedom to rape, the freedom to be raped, the freedom to be ignorant, the freedom to lie, the freedom to become a fool:lol::omghaha:

And they had wonderful teachers too, as this thread shows.

EVERYONE has an opinion; you have one. The contents are noted.

To be quite honest, the views are so flimsy as to make it difficult to answer. It's like saying your friend's aunt was pretty, but now she isn't. Our troops were good enough in 47-48; in 65; in 71 (on the western sector); in 99.....so where does one draw the line? When did you discover Indian troops to be not good enough? What made you think so, just the way you felt after burning the toast, or was there anything more material?

I am sorry, but these claims that India is now radically different and has deteriorated sound incongruous (the politest word I could find). It is based on a personal opinion, one that is less than neutral and is less than free from bias. If you have a logical point to make, go ahead; if not, then this sort of post is just 'noise', as in noise to signal ratio.

And a good day to you, too.:enjoy:

And they had wonderful teachers too, as this thread shows.
What does this means?

[QUOTE =“ Mighty Lion,post:12480591,member:191733”] Lol Fake新闻爆破:
https://www.indiatvnews.com/amp/news/india-97-bsf-personnel-satisfied-with-food-drdo-study-435919 [/ QUOTE]
Everyone knows that India provides food for its soldiers, even pigs do not want to eat

How did you learn that? Did you try it?

Effects of altitude on the thermal efficiency of a heavy-duty diesel engine
Highlights

On-board test found that thermal efficiency decreased with altitude.

In-cylinder pressure, pump work and excess air ratio decreased with altitude.

Peak heat release rate, in-cylinder and exhaust temperature ascended with altitude.

The start of combustion was delayed at higher altitudes.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0360544213005495#:~:text=On-board test found that thermal efficiency decreased with altitude.&text=In-cylinder pressure, pump work,air ratio decreased with altitude.&text=Peak heat release rate, in,exhaust temperature ascended with altitude.&text=The start of combustion was delayed at higher altitudes.

Read above, your tanks are gonna move like snails. Lol

So are yours, unless you have some miraculous engines that run like diesel, but are not constrained by any of these.

Variable geometry turbochargers, electronic manipulation of intake pressure to the engine. At higher elevations, modern engines take elevation readings using TMap ( temperature and manifold absolute pressure) sensor at every engine shut down and before every start, that how they determine the elevation they are working on. If you transport a vehicle loaded in a truck / aircargo from sea level to himalayan heights, an older engine will not know the elevation, and cant adjust its inlet pressure to compensate, modern engines can. Thats the difference between new chinese tank and T90 as of now.

There is NO evidence that the Chinese light tank engine has any of these features.
Design[edit]
Armament[edit]
Type 15 uses a new 105mm rifled gun, which is superior to the Type 94 105mm guns fitted on Type 88 and Type 59 tanks. The Type 15 can hold 38 rounds of 105mm shells and is capable of effectively penetrating the armor of most main battle tanks in use by various South and Southwestern Asian countries when launching armor-piercing shells.[5][6] It can also fire new advanced tungsten alloy armor-piercing fin-stabilized discarding sabots (APFSDS) capable of penetrating 500 mm (20 in) of armored steel at 2,000 metres (1.2 mi).[7]

Features[edit]
The Type 15 tank is equipped with chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) protection, an autoloader mechanism with ammunition stored in the turret bustle, air conditioning system, command and control equipment, commander's panoramic sight, gunner's thermal imaging sight, laser rangefinder, advanced ballistic computer, a tactical command system and a navigation system that includes inertial navigation system (INS) and satellite communications. [8][9]

Mobility[edit]
Due to its light weight, the new Type 15 tank can be airlifted as well as paradropped by military cargo aircraft.[9]

The only engine-related feature is described in these terms:

Electronically controlled diesel engine with fully-automatic transmission
1,000 hp (746 kW)[1]

What I had said right at the outset is there in black and white: its only distinctive feature is light weight, and that is why it is deployed in Tibet, because transporting it becomes easier.

Pathetic, the way some people make up magical characteristics that distinguish their little tin boxes. :D

Things are looking grim for the injuns.

While tussling with the Chinese in Ladakh they might get approached from the backside with a minar e Pakistan aiming for their ..... :lol:

use this scene as reference:

Don't be vulgar, please; and don't copy and paste stuff from totally different places to make a non-existent point.

@Joe Shearer that isn't even a feature in year 2020, that is something which has become foundation on what electronic control unit (ECU/ECM) works in all electronic control engines. Available in all diesel cars ( Except Variable geometry turbos,which are available from medium segment cars and SUVs).
It would be unwise to think newer gen tanks haven't got Electronic control units and more expensive Turbos ( more expensive in terms of car price, when you are spending few crore on a tank , 4-6lc extra for a VGT won't dissuade you).

Last edited:

So are yours, unless you have some miraculous engines that run like diesel, but are not constrained by any of these.

There is NO evidence that the Chinese light tank engine has any of these features.

What I had said right at the outset is there in black and white: its only distinctive feature is light weight, and that is why it is deployed in Tibet, because transporting it becomes easier.

Pathetic, the way some people make up magical characteristics that distinguish their little tin boxes. :D

Don't be vulgar, please; and don't copy and paste stuff from totally different places to make a non-existent point.

The point is quite clear. The Chinese and Pakistanis will work in tandem to spread indian forces thin and create a logistical nightmare by applying well timed pressure. India’s other smaller neighbors are already being coaxed into poking the proverbial bear.

Btw, don’t try to ruin my fun with the younger Indians here. :lol:

My dear Joe, that's the reason it's lighter and having more powerful engine to compensate the performance deterioration

Last edited by a moderator:
those are rumours just as much as any other factoid you put out.
Never know. If there is smoke there must be fire.
has someone told you about surface to air missiles?
Yes is it the same thing that was used by your forces against a helicopter which was transporting your personel. Your sams will be taking out your own aricrafts. We have seen how good they work and btw Which grass land were thet grazing on feb 27?
Ever heard about radar suppression and electronic warfare? The sams have to see something to shoot something. And there is no guarante with an Indian handling it.
You actually think the PLA AF will be flying around unchecked all over, and land in Skardu without repercussions?
What repercussions? You gonna fly to Pakistan and destroy some trees kill some crows and send Abhinandan for some more Fantastic tea.
Trust me you live in fantasy not us.
You got rude awakening on feb 27 and your country never imagined PLA moving in so fast. They got you with Pants down not once but twice .
I'm just amused that you live a bummy life. Clueless about your own culture,will to fight and coming here with technical terms.
You need tatay to fight . Will to fight comes fist before all the fancy toys and ways to use them.

English may not be a language you understand well or may be you were haste when you started reading something that you didn’t want to. I clearly said Diesels don’t have the dramatic effects that gasoline engines do.

Chinese shiny toys can do a lot, but alas only on paper. Of a confrontation happens, you can tell me more of it. Proven technology vs one that is built on hype!
Mr.Joe we are not talking about Gasoline engines are we? We are talking about the performance degradation of tanks in high altitude. Understand? Chinse tanks were designed to be lighter and having more powerful engine to compensate the performance degradation.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Joe Shearer

Hello Sir!

A question came to my mind and I thought I ask you.

It is clear that China is the first to reach to the (potential) future battle ground.
India is now moving its troops and equipment.
It is clear that Indian troops will require time to acclimatise and train themselves at this very high altitude.
As you have mentioned, IA tanks etc. will need calibrating (I am not entirely sure if I have understood the term "calibrating" correctly).

My questions is: with the winter approaching fast, do you think that PLA will have the upper hand by default?

@PanzerKiel

@Joe Shearer

Hello Sir!

A question came to my mind and I thought I ask you.

It is clear that China is the first to reach to the (potential) future battle ground.
India is now moving its troops and equipment.
It is clear that Indian troops will require time to acclimatise and train themselves at this very high altitude.
As you have mentioned, IA tanks etc. will need calibrating (I am not entirely sure if I have understood the term "calibrating" correctly).

My questions is: with the winter approaching fast, do you think that PLA will have the upper hand by default?

@PanzerKiel

Attainablity.....Retainability.....Sustainability...

Whichever side is able to ALL THREE will have the upper hand.

Back
Top Bottom