What's new

Featured IAF airlifts dozens of tanks to Ladakh to beef up firepower

A weapon not designed for high plateau will have everything not working despite getting perfect score on low level terrain. Your T-72 may have the first shot or even repeating firing a dozen but I guess none will hit the target. The low oxygen and low atmospheric pressure will make everything difficult.

Type-15 is designed totally to solved high plateau combat with taking into consideration all these problems.

LOL.

This is getting better by the minute!

There is nothing about the design of a light-weight tank that makes it more accurate at high altitudes!

Low oxygen certainly doesn't affect gunfire; it affects the gunner and the tank-crew.

Low atmosperic pressure is compensated by different loading and firing tables; this needs calibration, and, as I have tried unsuccessfully to explain to another compatriot of yours, there is already one (to my knowledge; there may be more) firing range in southern Ladakh intended precisely for calibration of the main gun in tanks, and artillery pieces in use by the artillery regiments.

I would be vastly interested to know what evidence there is of the Type-15 effectiveness at high altitude being built in by design; not just extracts from a sales catalogue, please.

Same thing will happen what PAF did on feb 27.
What do you think PLAAF would do to those fully equipped anti tank infantary division? I mean you have to be really really day dreaming if you think IAF will be able to protect your formations. The fake pic of Skurdu could become reality. You don't know PLAAF can land anywhere Pakistan, Nepal and rumors are maybe Bangladesh too.
So Many Snack so Little Time

Oh dear. A fanboy who believes other fanboys. You actually think the PLA AF will be flying around unchecked all over, and land in Skardu without repercussions? No, I don't know that the PLA AF can land anywhere in Pakistan, or in Nepal; those are rumours just as much as any other factoid you put out.

Just a question: has someone told you about surface to air missiles?

It's useless explaining to him oxygen depleted environment on engines. 1000hp tanks might only work at 30% reduction, so T72s are probably crawling liike snails up there. Lol

The moment he compares Tibet to Russia, you know he is a numb numb.

Oh yes, of course, diesel engines are impaired by oxygen content in the air.

Are you part of the team that built an automobile that ran on water as a fuel? Sounds like it.

Even shots would not be accurate. You need digitised control to compensate the errors. That's why he doesn't understand that.

He thinks it's like Russia, just cold. Lolol

Russia is cold, by the way. Our troops have been in Ladakh, by the way, more of them than the PLA. They have artillery there, and they have had tanks there for decades. You really need to do more than look at other posts current before claiming any expertise on these matters.

Do you even understand what digitised control does and what analogue systems it replaces, and what benefits ensue? These controls show you range at a particular gun elevation, and precise bearing, on screens. They do not magically create homing missiles from gun shells.

Genius Indians once again proved the fact that everyone knows: when Indians cannot solve the problem, they talk nonsense and quibble

Of course. We have less photocopiers than you do.

Did the Indians die of low temperature? Yes, but why wouldn't a healthy person die? Why are thousands of soldiers deployed in India on the frontline not dying of low temperature? Why didn't the PLA die of low temperature?

Quite simple; because in the darkness at 01:30 HRS, rescue teams could not spot and rescue some individuals. Many were spotted and rescued, including 10 Border Guards from the Chinese side. They are all recovering.

Indians, you don’t even have the courage to face up to the problem. You dare not face the reality of poor living conditions of Indian soldiers, and the reality of poor logistics supplies for Indian soldiers.
Yes, to your group of higher people, Indian soldiers are all inferior, they can eat the food that pigs eat and live, it is the gift of your higher people

You mean once you have defined the problem to your own satisfaction, that is the end of that. Instead of the claptrap that you wrote, why don't you yourself have the courage to face up to the real problem - you are commenting endlessly on matters about which you know very little, and about which all that you have contributed so far has been judgements.

Go back and do your homework.

When knowing the flight parameters of the projectile under plateau conditions, of course, you can use a computer to simulate the trajectory
However, the cannonball experimental shooting is to measure the flight parameters of the cannonball. Without these parameters, how to calculate the trajectory with a computer?

How about figuring elevation based on known calculation for atmospheric psi.

There is nothing called "plateau conditions ". Its called elevation factor. Let pla know as well , this is free knowledge for you tonight.
Ciao.

when they run away after facing defeat from china these will be left and china will capture these weapons resulting in more loss to india

And there is your opportunity! You can get all the things you wanted and couldn't afford!!

All above will only be relevant if india chose to fight

At the moment their fighters are flying without missiles attached to pylons for photo oppertunity without looking threatening to chinese

Instructions will be issued immediately that all IAF fighters should fly about with missiles attached to pylons for photo opportunity.

There is nothing called "plateau conditions ". Its called elevation factor. Let pla know as well , this is free knowledge for you tonight.
Ciao.

These are incredibly ignorant people. I have already told them about the existing firing range and what people do at firing ranges (other than playing golf, which is what these fanboys think is happening there). I have already told them that the proposal for a full armoured brigade was never implemented, but several troops had reached Ladakh, and since then, for some years now, these tanks have been gaining experience in running on the few pieces of level ground that exist (they seem to think that all of Ladakh is like the Tibetan plateau).

When they are faced with information that destroys the propaganda they have been fed, they go to pieces. No responses, no attempts to understand, first, an endless parroting of the same stuff that has been debunked, second, muttering and personal abuse when they realise they can't understand what is going on.

We are talking Diesel engines. Effects of altitude are less dramatic on Diesels than Gasoline engines. The older engines are tried, trusted and will do the job.
Effects of altitude on the thermal efficiency of a heavy-duty diesel engine
Highlights

On-board test found that thermal efficiency decreased with altitude.

In-cylinder pressure, pump work and excess air ratio decreased with altitude.

Peak heat release rate, in-cylinder and exhaust temperature ascended with altitude.

The start of combustion was delayed at higher altitudes.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0360544213005495#:~:text=On-board test found that thermal efficiency decreased with altitude.&text=In-cylinder pressure, pump work,air ratio decreased with altitude.&text=Peak heat release rate, in,exhaust temperature ascended with altitude.&text=The start of combustion was delayed at higher altitudes.

We are talking Diesel engines. Effects of altitude are less dramatic on Diesels than Gasoline engines. The older engines are tried, trusted and will do the job.
Read above, your tanks are gonna move like snails. Lol

First feed your own soldiers properly multiple ID rat

Indian soldiers at High Altitude are served Tasteless and Unappealing Food: Army Report

https://www.indiatimes.com/news/ind...unappealing-food-army-report-says-269678.html

BSF food row: Military's gripe over meals is nothing new; here's what history tells us

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...hat-history-tells-us/articleshow/56534808.cms
Lol Fake news busted:
https://www.indiatvnews.com/amp/news/india-97-bsf-personnel-satisfied-with-food-drdo-study-435919

LOL.

This is getting better by the minute!

There is nothing about the design of a light-weight tank that makes it more accurate at high altitudes!

Low oxygen certainly doesn't affect gunfire; it affects the gunner and the tank-crew.

Low atmosperic pressure is compensated by different loading and firing tables; this needs calibration, and, as I have tried unsuccessfully to explain to another compatriot of yours, there is already one (to my knowledge; there may be more) firing range in southern Ladakh intended precisely for calibration of the main gun in tanks, and artillery pieces in use by the artillery regiments.

I would be vastly interested to know what evidence there is of the Type-15 effectiveness at high altitude being built in by design; not just extracts from a sales catalogue, please.

Oh dear. A fanboy who believes other fanboys. You actually think the PLA AF will be flying around unchecked all over, and land in Skardu without repercussions? No, I don't know that the PLA AF can land anywhere in Pakistan, or in Nepal; those are rumours just as much as any other factoid you put out.

Just a question: has someone told you about surface to air missiles?

Oh yes, of course, diesel engines are impaired by oxygen content in the air.

Are you part of the team that built an automobile that ran on water as a fuel? Sounds like it.

Russia is cold, by the way. Our troops have been in Ladakh, by the way, more of them than the PLA. They have artillery there, and they have had tanks there for decades. You really need to do more than look at other posts current before claiming any expertise on these matters.

Do you even understand what digitised control does and what analogue systems it replaces, and what benefits ensue? These controls show you range at a particular gun elevation, and precise bearing, on screens. They do not magically create homing missiles from gun shells.

Of course. We have less photocopiers than you do.

Quite simple; because in the darkness at 01:30 HRS, rescue teams could not spot and rescue some individuals. Many were spotted and rescued, including 10 Border Guards from the Chinese side. They are all recovering.

You mean once you have defined the problem to your own satisfaction, that is the end of that. Instead of the claptrap that you wrote, why don't you yourself have the courage to face up to the real problem - you are commenting endlessly on matters about which you know very little, and about which all that you have contributed so far has been judgements.

Go back and do your homework.
again,Genius Indians proved the fact that everyone knows: when Indians cannot solve the problem, they talk nonsense and quibble

Ciao.
proud of stupidity,Indians

Effects of altitude on the thermal efficiency of a heavy-duty diesel engine
Highlights

On-board test found that thermal efficiency decreased with altitude.

In-cylinder pressure, pump work and excess air ratio decreased with altitude.

Peak heat release rate, in-cylinder and exhaust temperature ascended with altitude.

The start of combustion was delayed at higher altitudes.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0360544213005495#:~:text=On-board test found that thermal efficiency decreased with altitude.&text=In-cylinder pressure, pump work,air ratio decreased with altitude.&text=Peak heat release rate, in,exhaust temperature ascended with altitude.&text=The start of combustion was delayed at higher altitudes.

Read above, your tanks are gonna move like snails. Lol

good. You took your time to research. Now indulge me on why this will not affect your tank at all.

I would say that a WAR is not a joke.

Killing some troops on the border is one thing, taking on a military as a whole is another matter altogether. Let us not forget this.

@Joe Shearer

YOU need (courage) to put up a fight, not posturing and theories. Indians learned to fight well enough after experiences in the 1960s but the current crop is only good at posturing and theories. Its like Indians have lost their game.

good. You took your time to research. Now indulge me on why this will not affect your tank at all.
You said it had almost no effect on diesel engine, now I showing you it does and its not minimal at all. That's the reason why our tanks were designed to be lighter and have a more powerful engine to compensate the performance deterioration at higher altitude. Using T72/90s there is almost stupid.

You said it had almost no effect on diesel engine, now I showing you it does and its not minimal at all. That's the reason why our tanks were designed to be lighter and have a more powerful engine to compensate the performance deterioration at higher altitude. Using T72/90s there is almost stupid.

English may not be a language you understand well or may be you were haste when you started reading something that you didn’t want to. I clearly said Diesels don’t have the dramatic effects that gasoline engines do.

Chinese shiny toys can do a lot, but alas only on paper. Of a confrontation happens, you can tell me more of it. Proven technology vs one that is built on hype!

Proud to be free. Cant be a ccp slave
Yes, proud to be free "Castrocracy slaves" never be a CCP slave
Its so heart warming and touche, it brought tears to my eyes:cry:

52624709.cms

Back
Top Bottom