What's new

“I like Pakistan. But I hope they make it better like Canada”

The 9/11 hijacker-pilots learned to fly planes. Did their doing so "fix" even one Muslim-majority country? If not, why not?

@Super Falcon @dsr478 @Djinn @Zibago @Menace2Society @Darth Vader @waz
You Could Learn To Use Gun But Now its up to you , You use it To defend peope or harm
You Could learn to Use Computer Now its up to you , You use it to teach or use it for harm full purposes
Everything we do can beneficial to others or can harm the society Its Up to end user what purpose you use it for

They Did a wrong thing so what are you saying others Should Stop learning because some one used it for Wrong purpose common dude grow up

logo.gif

A six-year-old’s wish: “I like Pakistan. But I hope they make it better like Canada”
By Saba Ansari Published: July 21, 2016

37266-CNTOWERshare-1468933109-334-640x480.jpg

My child’s desire is a better Pakistan, and I failed to contribute anything towards this goal.

“I like Pakistan. But I hope they make it better like Canada.”

These words have been haunting me for the last couple of hours, written by an ostensibly vivacious six-year-old. They speak of the intense trauma that he is currently experiencing when relating to his homeland. A child’s innocence enables him/her to create impressions that perhaps lays bare the lines of fault and pretence which envelops our vastly deceptive lives.

Children often have the uncanny ability to see through the façades which we erect on impoverished realities of life, and since their hearts are yet to be tainted by the vices of this harsh world, their words reflect a painful but accurate portrayal of their emotions.

Such has been the thoughts of my son, who sat for his first grade Highest Level of Achievement Test (HLAT) at a local Edmonton Public School. The HLAT is an Edmonton Public Schools assessment given each year (from first grade to ninth grade) in order to measure a student’s growth in writing. His teacher asked them to write on a topic that was close to their heart and about which they knew a lot. My son, a new immigrant to Canada, chose the topic “Pakistan.”

It was an important day for him. He was a keen writer and I knew he would be able to pull off any topic that was thrown his way. But I had never considered the possibility that he may have to choose one of his own. The subject that he himself selected told me a great deal about how he already felt. But, it was the ending that left me (and all who read his writing) utterly speechless.

pakistan1.jpeg

I wondered what was going through his little mind as he penned the end, how wistful he would have been comparing the two worlds that exist for him, and how his tiny heart would have wished for things to be better in Pakistan. It pained me to understand what his memories of his homeland had been and how he had been trying to figure out the stark contrasts between the place he loved and the place he was living in.

After the exam we walked through the lush green Edmonton neighbourhood. He raced ahead playing tag with fluttering butterflies. I felt a huge burden on my conscience. I ruefully glanced around and soaked in all the visible differences between the two worlds that I could, and contemplated whether Pakistan would, or could, become better.

The sheer negligence of our homeland by the hands of its own people has led to a volatile pessimism in our younger generation which is constantly rising in the absence of any concrete measures to nurture their passion and streamline it to fuel the country’s progress.

We, the people of Pakistan, display extreme narcissism that prevents us from being held accountable for our actions. This lack of accountability has hurt us the most. The rulers and ruled, both, share the blame, for our allegiance was never with the country but rather with our own selfish aspirations – the exceptions being a few handful. But the most heartrending repercussion of our deeds is the disillusionment in our children.

My child’s desire is a better Pakistan, and I failed to contribute anything towards this goal. Instead of believing in my country, I chose to give up on it when my child hasn’t. If he can go on clinging to a hope of good times, I should be the one to take up the task. Our inherent instinct to flee from challenges is what causes our problems to grow into incorrigible menaces. I had given up any idealism or hope for my country and ran away for my child’s future.

But, as it turned out, he was more Pakistani than me.

Today I felt ashamed of my stance. But, rather than shrugging it off nonchalantly, I have decided to embrace it and accept my failure. Tomorrow I will explain to him that Pakistan will become better only if we, the people, work with all our zeal. It will be better if you and me work for it selflessly.

As a mother, I would do all I can to make this wish come true – for we are because of Pakistan, and we will always be Pakistani. No matter where we might wander, our heart will remain there forever.

Nations do not turn around overnight and years of wrong cannot be undone quickly. It takes time and involves sacrifices but change always begins by changing your own heart. I hope as a nation of very egoistic individuals we embrace that first step and change ourselves – the rest will follow.

Pakistan Zindabad!

user-default.gif

Saba Ansari
The author resides in Canada and is passionate about writing.

Gov just do two things one provide power second make good education compulsory for everyone

You Could Learn To Use Gun But Now its up to you , You use it To defend peope or harm
You Could learn to Use Computer Now its up to you , You use it to teach or use it for harm full purposes
Everything we do can beneficial to others or can harm the society Its Up to end user what purpose you use it for

They Did a wrong thing so what are you saying others Should Stop learning because some one used it for Wrong purpose common dude grow up
There is a deeper meaning here. Do you see what it is?

if you see the pattern, All terrorists have been highly western educated people.

What Pakistan needs is more traditional education taught in madrassas to make them good & pious humans.

The ills of Pakistan are due to it being more Canadian than Pakistan.

Pakistan needs to be Pakistan to fix its problems.

Top Ten:

1) Make Friday the weekend Holiday instead of Sunday

2) Replace Colonial Western laws with Sharia

3) Mandate Jumah prayers

4) Implement laws to mandate companies & schools to provide breaks to allow praying five times each day

5) Ban Western Clothes. Educate people not to stereotype dresses like Hijab. Support & Encourage people to wear them.

6) Ban Music and Movies, Especially the Hollywood and Bollywood types.

7) Mandate teaching Quran in all schools. All subjects should be taught in Arabic instead of Colonial English language

8) Ban Western Banking system and replace them with Islamic Banks

9) Mandate Fasting during Ramadan

10) Ban Men shaking hands with Women

How to fix Pakistan:

1. Education.
2. Education.
3. Did I mention education?

Education is only half of the equation. The other half are opportunities. Pakistan has plenty of smart people but not enough opportunities.

Education is only half of the equation. The other half are opportunities. Pakistan has plenty of smart people but not enough opportunities.

Bullsh*t. We have always gone through superb and piss poor phases throughout our history, we need to make sure next time we become great again it stays that way.

The 9/11 hijacker-pilots learned to fly planes. Did their doing so "fix" even one Muslim-majority country? If not, why not?

@Super Falcon @dsr478 @Djinn @Zibago @Menace2Society @Darth Vader @waz

What the hell does that have to do with what I was saying?

if you see the pattern, All terrorists have been highly western educated people.

What Pakistan needs is more traditional education taught in madrassas to make them good & pious humans.

Top Ten:

3) Mandate Jumah prayers

4) Implement laws to mandate companies & schools to provide breaks to allow praying five times each day

5) Ban Western Clothes. Educate people not to stereotype dresses like Hijab. Support & Encourage people to wear them.

7) Mandate teaching Quran in all schools. All subjects should be taught in Arabic instead of Colonial English language

Good joke

This could be written by any child in the subcontinent. While India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have a huge population - I am amazed that countries like Nepal and Lanka with relatively less populations and the potential to be tourist hotspots have been unable to enter into the developed countries league. India and Pak spend so much on defense filling the coffers of western nations while not providing adequate education and healthcare facilities to their citizens - I am sure if the founding fathers of both nations could see how independence has affected us - they would be nothing short of aghast.

With utmost respect Mam and after accepting all of my failures and the failures of my nation and my countrymen with an open heart.................. I would ask you one question why the hell did you limit your child's movement in Pakistan. From his writing it seems like that he spent all of his time in Pakistan in Karachi or Lahore the most crowded of all the cities and obviously hot. It would have made your child's visit to his homeland memorable if you would have taken him to places in Pakistan that seem like heaven on Earth, I can guarantee you he would have written something different than, may be he would have said something why Canada cannot be like those areas of Pakistan.

Top Ten:

3) Mandate Jumah prayers

Dushman hamesha bura hi sochay ga Pakistan kay liay :angel:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom