What's new

“I like Pakistan. But I hope they make it better like Canada”

The real haunting part of this writing is in fact the reality of our approach/attitude and how it has manifested itself in a 6 year old child. There is no self accountability, only the accountability of others. You walk in to a class of American kids and ask em who would wanna be president, and almost all of them are raising their hands .. ask them why the response can range from bettering their individual communities, ending wars, bringing peace etc etc. you get the drift ..

You see a kid from Pakistan ... and the response from "WE will make things better" shifts to " I hope THEY will make things better"
... who is "they"? -- the political elite .. ? The guys that only look out for their self interest and are willing to leave the country in a heart beat if their interests are compromised ... or the people that don't know if they are going to eat in the night because thats literally a third of our country ...

The point being, the educated class cannot be absolved from the responsibility of the state of our country. I know there are huge problems like finding good jobs, different kinds of pressures etc etc. But we're really quick to point out .. such and such is wrong with Pakistan ... As people who can see through the lies of the political elite, the people who can in some capacity make a difference ... we're also just sitting there doing nothing ... atleast thats the most of us ..

Good news for us is that there is a certain population in our midst ... that doesn't play by this narrative ... a part that doesn't believe in "what difference can an individual make" rhetoric ... some among us are still hopeful and are working day and night for a better future ...

Last edited:
Dushman hamesha bura hi sochay ga Pakistan kay liay :angel:

You are bringing in your bias just because I am not a Pakistani.

Most Pakistanis would agree to what I said if I were a Pakistani.

Most Pakistanis would agree to what I said if I were a Pakistani.
Tbh only 1,4 and 8 only makes sense rest of them looks like sarcasm.
You Could Learn To Use Gun But Now its up to you , You use it To defend peope or harm
You Could learn to Use Computer Now its up to you , You use it to teach or use it for harm full purposes
Everything we do can beneficial to others or can harm the society Its Up to end user what purpose you use it for

They Did a wrong thing so what are you saying others Should Stop learning because some one used it for Wrong purpose common dude grow up
It's simple he's trying to blame Islam as usual.

Tbh only 1,4 and 8 only makes sense rest of them looks like sarcasm

No. I was not sarcastic.

May be you are correct. I surely cannot think like a Muslim or a Pakistani but I listed based on my limited understanding.

I always thought fasting during Ramadan was a pious act. I am a bit surprised with the responses.

@Zarvan @Jf Thunder

How to fix Pakistan:

1. Education.
2. Education.
3. Did I mention education?

I couldn't agree more, but the problem is people in-charge (Pakistani elite) also knows that and as long as same ol same ol is in power, it will never happen.

No. I was not sarcastic.

May be you are correct. I surely cannot think like a Muslim or a Pakistani but I listed based on my limited understanding.

I always thought fasting during Ramadan was a pious act. I am a bit surprised with the responses.

@Zarvan @Jf Thunder
Actually i will edit the 5th point "Educate people not to stereotype dresses like Hijab. Support & Encourage people to wear them." Fasting is a pious act and mandatory but state shouldn't force people for it because even Islam tells us not to force anyone. 7th point is also good but it should be optional too and it should be strictly monitored by school authorities about what teachers are actually teaching those students means they don't not radicalize them.

Actually i will edit the 5th point "Educate people not to stereotype dresses like Hijab. Support & Encourage people to wear them." Fasting is a pious act and mandatory but state shouldn't force people for it because even Islam tells us not to force anyone. 7th point is also good but it should be optional too and it should be strictly monitored by school authorities about what teachers are actually teaching those students means they don't not radicalize them.

May be the use of the word "Mandate" was too strong but my point was that the government should take the responsibility to educate, encourage and support the points listed. Regarding abuses, you cannot foreswear something out of fear. Will you stop driving because there are accidents?

if you see the pattern, All terrorists have been highly western educated people.

What Pakistan needs is more traditional education taught in madrassas to make them good & pious humans.

The ills of Pakistan are due to it being more Canadian than Pakistan.

Pakistan needs to be Pakistan to fix its problems.

Top Ten:

1) Make Friday the weekend Holiday instead of Sunday

2) Replace Colonial Western laws with Sharia

3) Mandate Jumah prayers

4) Implement laws to mandate companies & schools to provide breaks to allow praying five times each day

5) Ban Western Clothes. Educate people not to stereotype dresses like Hijab. Support & Encourage people to wear them.

6) Ban Music and Movies, Especially the Hollywood and Bollywood types.

7) Mandate teaching Quran in all schools. All subjects should be taught in Arabic instead of Colonial English language

8) Ban Western Banking system and replace them with Islamic Banks

9) Mandate Fasting during Ramadan

10) Ban Men shaking hands with Women

If your intention was not sarcasm then change it to sarcasm.

I don't fault you for having this impression but what you are trying to say is to implement sharia laws. Islam has been widely misunderstood and usually taken from hardcore ones. You are also echoing their views not actual Islam and since they have mixed up good and bad, I think no one is able to deny what you wrote. Deep down, Islam is far more flexible than our imagination.

If your intention was not sarcasm then change it to sarcasm.

I don't fault you for having this impression but what you are trying to say is to implement sharia laws. Islam has been widely misunderstood and usually taken from hardcore ones. You are also echoing their views not actual Islam and since they have mixed up good and bad, I think no one is able to deny what you wrote. Deep down, Islam is far more flexible than our imagination.

True. My understanding of Islam is very limited and is based on whatever I read rather than practice.

Hence I was trying to understand the reasoning behind someone approving or disapproving the points that I listed to get a better perspective from those who practice.

For the people coming up all sort of ideas, how about talk less and work more.

No. I was not sarcastic.

@Zarvan @Jf Thunder
only 1, 3, 4, 8 and 9 make sense in my view
all the other things are actually secondary, different people will have different views on them, as we claim Islam is a global religion so you cannot enforce uniform clothing and language on them.
Islam allows every culture to wear what they want provided it be modest (western clothes are also very modest). You can read the Quran in any language(nothing wrong with reading Quran in English or Urdu).
It depends upon the culture of that region, aside from the Articles of Faith and Pillars of Islam, nothing else is to be enforced upon the Muslims of that region.
That is my opinion though.

western clothes are also very modest

True

You can read the Quran in any language(nothing wrong with reading Quran in English or Urdu

What does "great difficulty" mean in the below? Is difficulty only referring to learn by heart or could the difficulty mean any difficulty? For example it could also mean a non-Arabic person learning Arabic and reciting Quran in Arabic. May be my understanding is incorrect here

Sahih Bukhari Volume 006, Book 060, Hadith Number 459.

Narrated By 'Aisha : The Prophet said, "Such a person as recites the Quran and masters it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven). And such a person exerts himself to learn the Quran by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward."

http://www.hadithcollection.com/sah...ri-volume-006-book-060-hadith-number-459.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom