What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

That's not cheap, costs similar here the lowest IS costs £30,000 here, and the luxury config costs £60,000 ... the import duty must be very high in Ausssi

you are kidding, right?

i bet i could pick one of those up semi used for 26-27k in the US

in fairness to Lexus, they depreciate slowly

Chinese Geely has taken KSA by storm. In this year alone I can almost guarantee that there is not a single major street across the country where a Geely car is not present. It looks good and it is cheap:

images

images

Geely-EC7-Llega-a-Chile-en-dos-modelos.jpg

geely_ec7_08.jpg

geely-emgrand-ec7-fl-1-458x305.jpg

geely_ec7_06.jpg

With its price starting from around 7200$ to 9600$ no wonder it is easily the most bought car in KSA this year.

Chinese Geely has taken KSA by storm. In this year alone I can almost guarantee that there is not a single major street across the country where a Geely car is not present. It looks good and it is cheap:

With its price starting from around 7200$ to 9600$ no wonder it is easily the most bought car in KSA this year.

Looks like a nice car. What are its specifications for the KSA model?

....dude, you should have bought an M3!

M3 in Australia costs an arm and a leg. The base model is around 160,000 Aussie Dollars. Import tax is too damn high!

You guys have it good in Europe.

you'd have to be a retard to buy a Bimmer brand new...it makes no business sense

///M3 is a fan bloody tastic car....but im a fan of the older E36 chassis...they handled MUCH MUCH better than the newer ones.

you'd have to be a retard to buy a Bimmer brand new...it makes no business sense

///M3 is a fan bloody tastic car....but im a fan of the older E36 chassis...they handled MUCH MUCH better than the newer ones.

True, but those things don't even depreciate much! Even the second hand one's with 20,000-30,000 KM are more than a 100,000 Aussie dollar. Its ridiculous. I would rather buy a Lexus IS F.

True, but those things don't even depreciate much! Even the second hand one's with 20,000-30,000 KM are more than a 100,000 Aussie dollar. Its ridiculous. I would rather buy a Lexus IS F.

The IS-F is a great car, but sadly is slushbox only. There is one at a local dealer for about $60k new.

you are kidding, right?

i bet i could pick one of those up semi used for 26-27k in the US

in fairness to Lexus, they depreciate slowly
i am not kidding, imported cars in China are very expensive```the government is trying to be protective of the domestic car manufactures``(but i'd buy european cars any day)``second trying to control the traffic``

in my city the road is full of BMW X6, Mercedes Benz S/CLS, AUdi Q5/7 and posh Cayenne/panamera they cost $160,000 over easily

according to a currency convertor website i use, that's $104,000+ USD are you bloody kidding me? What are the tax/duty metrics they use over there. Damn!

oh and by the way, i'm with you 100% on that

that those IS-F are NICE rides. I would LOVE to own one.

i am not kidding, imported cars in China are very expensive```the government is trying to be protective of the domestic car manufactures``(but i'd buy european cars any day)``second trying to control the traffic``

in my city the road is full of BMW X6, Mercedes Benz S/CLS, AUdi Q5/7 and posh Cayenne/panamera they cost $160,000 over easily

well, you live only once! :D

if you can afford it, f*ck it --- BUY IT!

sammyrgti_DSC_0380.JPG

sammyrgti_DSC_0430.JPG

sammyrgti_DSC_0451.JPG

sammyrgti_DSC_0458.JPG

sammyrgti_DSC_0465.JPG

sammyrgti_DSC_0470.JPG

This is the KSA model.

looks pretty legit!

whats the sticker price (in dollars terms)

I would rather just prefer a family car.. Like our Honda Pilot, and save the extra cash to invest in business. :azn:

according to a currency convertor website i use, that's $104,000+ USD are you bloody kidding me? What are the tax/duty metrics they use over there. Damn!

oh and by the way, i'm with you 100% on that

that those IS-F are NICE rides. I would LOVE to own one.

well, you live only once! :D

if you can afford it, f*ck it --- BUY IT!

looks pretty legit!

whats the sticker price (in dollars terms)

Well there is LCT (luxury car tax) here in Australia :disagree: then there is supply and demand factor, Australia doesn't have huge population. Moreover on average, Aussies have higher average wage/buying power compared to their US counterparts; taking into account size of population etc.
Another reason, AUS want to protect its local brand "Holden" available as "Vauxhaull" overseas. They are selling Holden SV6 for around 45K+ and GTS around 80K+. Who would in their right mind buy a Holden when they can buy BMW or Lexus for that money, hence prices of brand new non-aus cars are inflated. To further rip off people, you cannot import new cars or the ones which are manufactured here. The import cars contribute to around 10-15% of automotive industry which in a way is a good thing for local manufactures.

On the other hand in NZ its totally opposite, 59% imports and cars are cheap as.

Another example: Porche 911 is about 77k in US but here in AU it is 220K+ :angry:

That Geely car in Australia is going for $1199.

Back
Top Bottom