What's new

I believe in reunification of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh: French writer Francois Gautier

Religion is one major difference between Pakistanis and indians but there are also vast racial and cultural differences between Pakistanis and indians that cannot be bridged or overcome. There would be a massive nuclear war before Pakistan could become a part of india.

If you actually noticed , I was referring to India becoming part of Pakistan & Bangladesh .What else would universal acceptance of Islam by Indians stand for ?

It's a pity you give credence to small nothings like Racial & Cultural differences over universal acceptance of Islam by Indians .I thought deep down that's what every true blue Pakistani desired .

Isn't it any wonder then that wanton bloodshed pervades Pakistan? When would a common understanding that all Pakistanis are Muslim subsume ethnic , sectarian, cultural & other barriers ?

"Reunification"?o_O Into the British Raj again? While we're at it, why not call the Brits and let them take the helm - and do the "Re" in "Re-unification" some justice! ;p

It's a pity you give credence to small nothings like Racial & Cultural differences over universal acceptance of Islam by Indians .I thought deep down that's what every true blue Pakistani desired .

Hindu or Muslim, I don't think the proud races of Pakistan would like to dilute their blood with Indian genes.

"Reunification"?o_O Into the British Raj again? While we're at it, why not call the Brits and let them take the helm - and do the "Re" in "Re-unification" some justice! ;p

Hindu or Muslim, I don't think the proud races of Pakistan would like to dilute their blood with Indian genes.

Then what exactly in your esteemed opinion is the source of the conflict between the 2 nations ? You dint have to answer that.It was rhetorixal.

Kashmir seems merely a catalyst not the underlying cause of the bitterness in mutually cordial relations as the most Pakistanis suggest .

Moreover, the origins of the 2 nation theory were in what is now the Hindi heartland - namely UP & Delhi .One could understand their paranoia over being swamped by the majority community post independence .

The provinces which now make up Pakistan specifically more than Bangladesh were always Muslim majority .The Punjabi Muslim &/ or the Pashtos were always lord & masters of all that they surveyed in their lands.

As I soon as I read about Clash of civilisations, I knew he was one of the nutters.:lol:

IndiaTve5b01f_francois-gautier.jpg

New Delhi: French writer, journalist and noted Indophile, Francois Gautier, believes in "reunification of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh". "Whether it will happen violently or naturally, I don't know", he adds.

Sixtysix-year-old Gautier, who has made India his home since 1971, seconded the views of BJP General Secretary Ram Madhav on reunification of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh by pointing out that even Sri Aurobindo and The Mother of Pondicherry Sri Aurobindo Ashram had wanted the same.

Gautier says, "Indians have become clones because they do not take pride in their rich ancient culture and traditions".

In an exclusive conversation with indiatvnews.com, Gautier opened up on his journey from France to India, on his image as a ‘defender of Hindus’, on Islam and the theory of clash of civilisations and India-Pakistan relations.

Read Also: 'Intolerance' was always practiced in India by left-wing circuit: Bibek Debroy, NITI Aayog member

Interestingly, Gautier holds Mark Tully of BBC responsible for creating a bias in Western media against India in general, and Kashmiri Pandits in particular. He blames Tully of deliberately using the word ‘gunmen’ and not ‘terrorists’ for those who perpetrated violence in Kashmir, which the Western media is still following.

Here goes the full text of the interview:

Journey from a Catholic Family in France to India

I had a normal upper class education in Paris, France. My family was catholic. I also went to a school in London for some time. But I was searching for something and I was unsatisfied with my education. It just happened that in 1969, my best friend’s father was Governor of Pondicherry.

There was a caravan of 5 cars driving from Paris to Pondicherry and I thought it would be a good way to experience life and know the world. From India, I planned to go to South East Asia, Japan, America and come back after a year. This is why I drove from Paris to Delhi.

When I came to Delhi, I stayed in Sri Aurobindo Ashram on Aurobindo Marg. There I had a very strong experience that India was my country and destiny had taken me to a place that was a ‘country of my heart’. So, I stayed in India and did not proceed further. I stayed in Pondicherry for 7 years.

The Mother of Pondicherry (Sri Aurobindo’s companion who was French by birth) was still alive then and I met her twice. It was a turning point in my life actually.

I also read Sri Aurobindo who was not only a Yogi but a great poet, a great philosopher and also a nationalist. Not many people remember today that Sri Aurobindo was an intense nationalist in the spirit of Srimad Bhagwad Gita. He wanted the British to leave India and contrary to Gandhi, he believed that it should be achieved by force, if necessary. Sri Aurobindo was imprisoned twice by the British who thought he was the most dangerous man in nationalist India. So, that part of Sri Aurobindo influenced me a lot.

He was also a great defender of Hindus. He thought that the word ‘Hindu’ was a misnomer and that it is actually the spirituality that stands behind and props up Hinduism, that ancient knowledge which is universal in nature.

When The Mother died in 1973, I did not know what to do as I was totally lost. Since I had done a little bit of local journalism in France before I came to India, I started freelancing. I did some photo feature in the South as I was based in Pondicherry. Slowly, I became the political correspondent for the then most important Swiss newspaper and subsequently for Le Figaro, the French political newspaper. That’s how I became a journalist.

Defender of Hindu culture

Of course, I’m known as a defender of Hindus. There are not many foreign journalists who defend Hindus, at least I don’t know anybody.

I defend Hindus not because of Hinduism but because I believe, as Sri Aurobindo said very clearly, that this ancient knowledge that some people call dharma, some people call Hinduism is very precious because it’s the only one left in the world where people can understand who they are, where they come from, what happens when you die, what happens when you are reborn, what is karma, what is dharma etc. This knowledge is lost in the world. It’s there only in India.

This knowledge is under attack from all sides, not only from Marxists, Islamic state and Christian conversions but also from westernisation.

Islam and Clash of civilisations

I remember even Murali Manohar Joshi, who I used to defend in those days, kept saying that there was nothing like clash of civilisations. But there is one between Islam and the civilised, democratic or free world of which India is a part. It’s very much there. People don’t want to see it. They keep blinking and say there is no clash of civilisations and it’s only a minority, but there is a war going on.

It’s true that it’s a minority that is violent in Islam. But the problem is not with the people of Islam. Muslims are as good as anybody else in the world. If you meet Muslims in India, so many of them are wonderful people, they offer wonderful hospitality, many of them are very refined.

The problem is not with the Muslim people but it is with their scriptures which were written 1500 years ago and never adapted to modern times. Even the Christians, somehow, have adapted to modern times. The Pope accepts that Buddhism is more politically correct than Christianity or Hinduism. More and more Christians are opening to the world. There is a need to adapt to 21st century but Islam has not.

When the scriptures of Islam, including the Holy Quran, were written, it was OK in those times because the mentality was different, humanity was different. It was OK in those times to behead people, to wage war against infidels but it’s totally inappropriate today. That battle is happening now. People don’t want to see it. They are crazy. The conflict is not with the armed terrorists only, it is also with those Muslims who believe that the Holy Quran is the ultimate truth and that Islam is the only true religion. That is the problem. Islam does not want to change.

I Believe In Reunification Of India, Pakistan And Bangladesh: French Writer Francois Gautier (Exclusive) Mobile Site

@SarthakGanguly @dadeechi @ranjeet @AHAM BRIHMASMI @jamahir

Francois Gautier has been great supporter of Hinduism but a big no reunification of India with Pakistan and Bangladesh.

What practices does Islam have to change or adapt?

You have covered some of the major ones in your post. Why don't you start with that??

I have no problem with replacing "beheading" with some other method of execution. Much of Shariah law was made hundreds of years after the death of the Prophet and it isnt as harsh or oppressive as people think it is; many of its so called "punishments" such as stoning women, killing adulterers and many other things have no place in Shariah or Quran but in the culture of those who practice it and practiced it along before Islam ever came.
Even killing apostates is misunderstood,

Source: I believe in reunification of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh: French writer Francois Gautier | Page 2

So these practices of sati and child marriage were part of Hinduism? If they were part of it then leaving them is like leaving Hinduism and if they were not part of Hinduism then religion dont need to blame. Religion or religious scripture is not our personal notebook where we can make any change we like to make it suitable with keep changing morals and ethics of modern world..even today almost half of Indian girls marry before they turn 18 in India

Child marriage in India finally meets its match as young brides turn to courts | Amrit Dhillon | Global development | The Guardian

I don't want to talk about Hinduism here because we don't adhere to one scripture like Islam and we don't have one set of rules.

I do like to see a gentle version of Islam than what I see constantly in media about how terrorists are being brain washed into jihad and what not. No religion sanctions killing the innocents and civilians but that distinction seems to fade in most terrorist organisations. Beheading, lynching in public, stoning for adultery, cutting of hands etc used to be practiced in ancient times. Times have changed and these barbaric methods can be reformed with what most modern countries do for similar crimes. Many Islamic countries have moved away from these methods including your own and I want to see that in wider Islamic world.

My personal request how about stop blaring loud speakers at 5 am in the morning. We have alarm clocks, sms, telephones for calling people for prayer.

I am just curious how many attend early morning prayers???

Its like saying Jamaica and Canada should unite because they were once "united" under British rule
You have covered some of the major ones in your post. Why don't you start with that??

Source: I believe in reunification of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh: French writer Francois Gautier | Page 2
Beheading: Most efficient way of execution of its time, does not really need to be practiced in this era.

Stoning women: A practice that long predates Islam and continues to this day, Islam has no mention of "stoning women"; this a problem when you mix culture with religion.

Killing adulterers: If two among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both.
If they repent and amend, leave them alone;
for Allah is Oft-returning, Most Merciful.
-- Sura 4:15-16

Killing Apostates: Not one 'apostate' was killed during Muhammad's (SAW) time, this law was enacted because Islam was viewed as political as well as spiritual - by 'leaving Islam' you betray your country; this law was also enforced in a time of a massive war, which is why the offense was punishable by death. Your religion at that was considered your culture, ethnicity, social identity and your citizenship. In the US, you can be executed for 'treason'. But Islam is not longer a SINGLE political force and this law does not have to be enforced.

Any more, you need help with?

I don't want to talk about Hinduism here because we don't adhere to one scripture like Islam and we don't have one set of rules.

I do like to see a gentle version of Islam than what I see constantly in media about how terrorists are being brain washed into jihad and what not. No religion sanctions killing the innocents and civilians but that distinction seems to fade in most terrorist organisations. Beheading, lynching in public, stoning for adultery, cutting of hands etc used to be practiced in ancient times. Times have changed and these barbaric methods can be reformed with what most modern countries do for similar crimes. Many Islamic countries have moved away from these methods including your own and I want to see that in wider Islamic world.

My personal request how about stop blaring loud speakers at 5 am in the morning. We have alarm clocks, sms, telephones for calling people for prayer.

I am just curious how many attend early morning prayers???
Your posts show me how much knowledge you truly know about Islam;

Islam talks or mentions nothing of lynching, its like blaming all of Hinduism and its scriptures for the Muslims that were lynched for eating beef. Stoning adulterers doesn't have any legal presence in Shariah, it only now has recently been used as a punishment for adultery. Also, you need to steal a item of good value to have your hats cut off; you cant use the "poverty card" because people living in poverty are uplifted from their situations thanks to Zakat tax; also i'm not okay with me spending tax money on managing and feeding prisoners just so they could be released and commit crimes again, i'd rather see their hand cut off.

Most people find what you describe as "blaring loud speakers" soothing and beautiful, the Azan has a meaning behind it. Also to fill your curiosity, most Pakistanis pray morning prayers but just not at the mosques; most Pakistanis do it at their homes with their families.

Most people find what you describe as "blaring loud speakers" soothing and beautiful, the Azan has a meaning behind it. Also to fill your curiosity, most Pakistanis pray morning prayers but just not at the mosques; most Pakistanis do it at their homes with their families.

I may sound insensitive and intolerant but we can do away with blaring loud speakers when we have other means to get up early.

How would you like if I played equally soothing suprabatham in your neighbourhood?

you know what they say about opinions . Everyone has one

Well then he is an idiot. We are already having massive troubles with 180 million muslims. Adding another 300 million to the mix is disastrous and a recipe for a civil war on a scale the world has not seen considering that both the Islamic and Hindu/Sikh/Jain/Buddhist factions would have well armed armies on their sides.

I may sound insensitive and intolerant but we can do away with blaring loud speakers when we have other means to get up early.

How would you like if I played equally soothing suprabatham in your neighbourhood?
The Azan doesnt sound blaring but beautiful; i've lived hearing Azans all my life and I have no problem with them - The Azan isnt just meant to wake you up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom