What's new

'I am an Indian Muslim, not a Pakistani' - BBC News

The only thing we have in common with Indian Muslims is just faith.

Otherwise Indian Muslims are different to Pakistani Muslim in almost every way like ethnicity, language, color of skin, etc.
And you think you are similar to other Pakistanis of different ethnicities?
That one similarity of shared religion was enough to convince Jinnah to campaign for a separate country.

Differences are not just in culture but ideological as well.

Indian muslims are Secular Muslims.
Pakstani Muslims are Muslim Seculars.

Now one may interpret that however ones iq wishes to understand
You made no sense at all.

And you think you are similar to other Pakistanis of different ethnicities?
That one similarity of shared religion was enough to convince Jinnah to campaign for a separate country.
Yes I am similar to other Pakistani ethnicities.

but what do I have in common with a Muslim Tamil other than faith?

You are right. TT helps you.
You can a desi out of des but you can't take desi out of a desi. You should be happy.

Gloating does not help just so you know
You need to revisit the meaning of "gloating". I was not. I was merely sharing my thoughts with P4Ever that we share similiar views.

And Pakistan came about as a accident. Like one of those unintended pregnencies. Nehru rejected the Cabinet Mission Plan and rest is history.

"Jinnah was from a province where Muslims were in a minority. He wanted to use the power of the areas where the Muslims were a majority to create a shield of protection for where they were in a minority. The possibility that the areas that became Pakistan would offer a kind of protection for Muslims living in areas which have remained in India was not acceptable to the Congress. It was easier for them to partition the subcontinent and let these areas go."

https://herald.dawn.com/news/1153717

You can a desi out of des but you can't take desi out of a desi. You should be happy.

You need to revisit the meaning of "gloating". I was not. I was merely sharing my thoughts with P4Ever that we share similiar views.

And Pakistan came about as a accident. Like one of those unintended pregnencies. Nehru rejected the Cabinet Mission Plan and rest is history.

"Jinnah was from a province where Muslims were in a minority. He wanted to use the power of the areas where the Muslims were a majority to create a shield of protection for where they were in a minority. The possibility that the areas that became Pakistan would offer a kind of protection for Muslims living in areas which have remained in India was not acceptable to the Congress. It was easier for them to partition the subcontinent and let these areas go."

The creation of Pakistan was the right thing to do. The Congress party were not respecting Muslim sensibilities.

You made no sense at all.

Yes I am similar to other Pakistani ethnicities.

but what do I have in common with a Muslim Tamil other than faith?

You are more similar to CERTAIN Pakistani ethnicities than CERTAIN Indian ones but you have some similarities with every ethnicity in the region. We're generally roughly the same colour, our cuisines overlap, we have similar culture on the basis of an Islamic way of life, we generally speak Urdu/Hindi etc

@PAKISTANFOREVER @Kaptaan
I don't understand this mentality, guys:
You are differentiating between Muslims of different countries on ethnic grounds, saying that we are separate from them but in Pakistan, we have Muslims of many different ethnicities so could we not argue that each is a separate nation from one another? Suppose The Pashtuns had their own country that was still Islamic by the constitution like Pakistan but would we argue that they were always different from us?

Jinnah argued that MUSLIMS as a whole are a separate nation, belonging to different ethnic groups but united by a common religion and way of life. Look, even some ethnic groups overlap with those in India, notably Punjabis and Sindhis.

Hindus and Muslims can and should live together just as Jinnah wanted. Pakistan was created not as a homeland solely for Muslims, but to allow Muslims to govern ourselves and preserve our way of life while living peacefully with our sister nation

The difference between indians Muslims & Pakistanis is huge and insurmountable when compared to the small differences between the various ethnic groups in Pakistan.

Bar religion indian Muslims are identical to hindus and sikhs. We Pakistanis are not. We never were. We never will be.

The british are long gone Sire

And that desi is for 1.2 billion people or just 170 million? Just curiousity

You are more similar to CERTAIN Pakistani ethnicities than CERTAIN Indian ones but you have some similarities with every ethnicity in the region. We're generally roughly the same colour, our cuisines overlap, we have similar culture on the basis of an Islamic way of life, we generally speak Urdu/Hindi etc

The above is mythological propaganda that has been debunked many times on PDF. Your conjecture does not hold up in real life. If ANY of what you said is true then Pakistan and ultimately bangladesh would never have been created.

I don't understand this mentality, guys
I don't understand you. If Muslims are one then there should be one country from Morocco to Pakistan. Or at least Pakistan should accept any Muslim from anywhere anyplace like Israel accepts jews from across the globe.

And as regards Pakhtun, Punjabi, Sindhi, Baloch well that is real and in the very make of Pakistan DNA. In case you missed the history boat NWFP, Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan existed before Pakistan and in 1947 federated into by Pakistan. For instance if Sinsdh had voted for India it would have been part of India.

As regards the small % that overlaps into India that is nothing unique. Turkey/Iran/Iraq share the Kurdish overlap. However do note this overlap is a sliver of tiny sliver. Exactly how many Sindhi's are there in India? Or how many Punjabis are there in India. Below 3%.

UK has at least 6% population with heritage to South Asia but that does not make UK a South Asian country because rest of the 94% have differant background and are native to British Isles. ditto Pakistan/Indus River Valley.

Most Indian Muslims are ethnically different to Pakistani Muslims. Huge differences.

We only share same religion.

What about the Muhajirs? Even Jinnah himself was a Gujarati, though born in Sindh. But, his family are pretty recent converts.

There are huge differences between Urdu and Hindi.

Hindi has been sanskritized now and shares little in common with Urdu.

And that desi is for 1.2 billion people or just 170 million? Just curiousity
Desi is not my word. I became only really frequented to it at PDF and sort of adapted it since as it appeared to be the rage here. The meaning I let you guys define it. English is my forte or I like to think it is.

The difference between indians Muslims & Pakistanis is huge and insurmountable when compared to the small differences between the various ethnic groups in Pakistan.
That's only true if you don't know how different the various ethnicities in Pakistan are from each other. I don't know of any Punjabis familiar with Pashtunwali for example. Punjabis share a lot more with northern Indians than they do with Pashtuns, Balochis etc. It's just that Punjabi culture is so widespread in Pakistan and the other ethnicities are not represented as well that we forget about these differences.

Bar religion indian Muslims are identical to hindus and sikhs. We Pakistanis are not. We never were. We never will be.
Even if that were true, it would be a good enough. Pakistan was not created on the basis of ethnicities but religion.

There are huge differences between Urdu and Hindi.

Hindi has been sanskritized now and shares little in common with Urdu.

Of no consequence here. About 20% of Pakistanis are racially identical to SW Iranians/Persians. That doesn't make Pakistan Iran or Persia. Just as it doesn't make us indian/indian Muslim.

What about the Muhajirs? Even Jinnah himself was a Gujarati, though born in Sindh. But, his family are pretty recent converts.
Muhajirs make a small percentage of Pakistani population. My father's side is a Punjabi Muhajir.

Back
Top Bottom