What's new

HQ-9 Surface to Air Missile and Pakistan Air Force

I think India gov and military contribute more to PDF as any plans of military purchase and projects are disclosed at inception phase to allow guys here to have a field day. Pakistan doesn't treat military matters as a purpose of political bragging.
A project as big as a submarine(INS Arihant) was a closely guarded secret and nobody had a clue until it was disclosed. It is just a single example. So you will be knowing what you are supposed to know nothing more and nothing less. India spends tens of Billions of dollars on defence and you think you know where every penny is going!!?? :disagree:

They have been operational for quite some time now, i don't know what the big deal is. This was revealed on the internet a bit while back, the PAF was furious about this leak and put a complete lid on all the loose lips. PAF as of now is very much interested in the HQ-18 series, lets see if they can arrange the funding.

Its not been classified either.. otherwise where the C4I system that sits on top of it is/was being programmed would not be a "Khala ji ka ghar" per se.. with university students finding budding love :smitten::astagh: sitting on top of operator consoles for the ADA controllers. :omghaha:

Well I believe Pakistan Air Force/Army does have High Altitude SAMs, IF Pakistan can spend $5.1B on F-16s think $800M-$1B is nothing compared. We do have sealed lips all across who wouldn't declare nothing special most nations with cash are procuring them openly.

It will again come down to non moving SAM systems vs highly mobile fighter jets. Whether they will go for more F-16 C/Ds of a SAM system provided they go more money?

Its not been classified either.. otherwise where the C4I system that sits on top of it is/was being programmed would not be a "Khala ji ka ghar" per se.. with university students finding budding love :smitten::astagh: sitting on top of operator consoles for the ADA controllers. :omghaha:

Some budding love is also seen near those APC's and tanks in MT park of EME branch of NUST!:kiss3:

Check your PM as well kindly!

The Hatf IX, Nasr, is a solid fuelled battlefield multi tube ballistic missile (BRBM) system developed by NESCOM. I think it is possible with a little bit effort to convert it into surface to air defence missle and then can be integrated with chinas manufactured radar system.

Some body can give me a satisfied answer why pakistan is not going to develop its own air defence missle system. If the task given to NESCOM is not a difficult job.

Some body can give me a satisfied answer why pakistan is not going to develop its own air defence missle system. If the task given to NESCOM is not a difficult job.

It requires huge amounts of funds which are not forthcoming.

SAM systems are one of the Most Important weapon systems I am sure and I believe we do have sophisticated Sams Just not publicly announced after all its an Important part of Air defense.

images

"China has provided Paskitan the HQ-2B Surface to Air Missile and the HQ-9 missiles. These are two stage missiles capable of intercepting high altitude targets like strategic bombers and spy planes and are equipped with countermeasures to defend a missile defence. HQ missiles have ‘expanded operational zone’, ‘shortened preparation time’, ‘simplified and mobile launch equipment’ and ‘ability to attack high speed targets’. HQ-9 is a long-range Surface to Air Missile to ‘counter high-performance aircraft, cruise missiles, air-to-surface missiles and tactical ballistic missiles’. "

The Sino-Pakistan Defence Deals: A Factfile | Official Website of the IIT Madras China Studies Centre

http://csc.iitm.ac.in/sites/default/files/home_featured/debalina.pdf

The source is Indian.

Please quote an authentic sources...

Take a trip down to Kahuta and find out :). Or better yet, you should have been present in the Lahore Sector after the Mumbai Attacks to take a look at the HQ-9 batteries when PAF was on full red alert, God those missile tubes were majestic.

Wow!

Are they deployed country wide or just being in the evaluation phase?

I think HQ9 deliver to Pakistan last year or before. I posted the news, try dig in forum .

Well, its a dream at least for me, 4 years ago, I went out of my skin,to push this cheaper defence weapon, which still cost lower thn any fighting ACs?
I am really happy, to see it installed!
I really hope, we can improve day by day & can get more modrenized versions of it!
Hope flly next 3 years at least 30 more battries!

Back
Top Bottom