What's new

How's your perception of other nations changed on the PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehhe looks like I hit on Indian nerves again... all Indians jumping on this thread one by one now.. and I am enjoying my popcorns, diet coke and laughing.. I am going to bed soon.. see ya all laterz :D :enjoy:

Its more like we're laughing at you...en-masse. Let me remind you, this site gets a lot of eyeballs. Validating our stance....clearly has its advantages.

hehhe looks like I hit on Indian nerves again... all Indians jumping on this thread one by one now.. and I am enjoying my popcorns, diet coke and laughing.. I am going to bed soon.. see ya all laterz :D :enjoy:

ok let me hit my nerve, are you good looking?

Should I start posting comments from all over the net... where you North Indians make fun of South Indians all the time.. here is one for starters...

Gora Aur Kala (1972) | MemsaabStory

Then there are those other perceptions of oh-you-Dravidian-rice-eating (hence not strong), dark-skinned and not very sophisticated (who started it all, I wonder.) How North Indians are more cultured, eat better food and are better looking!
I had a Sindhi neighbour who blurted out all this to me just because I was going through a bout of fatigue at that time (too much work and not enough rest). Another neighbour from childhood said without flinching, `You’ve grown so tanned since you started going to college.’
I recently watched 3 Idiots and DID NOT appreciate how Chatur was portrayed at all.`Ghar-Jamai,’ a TV serial in the late ’80s or ’90s with Satish Shah as the Punjabi sasur, a South Indian damaad, Anant Mahadevan and Kamia Malhotra playing Satish Shah’s daughter also had this `gag’ about everyone below the Vindhyas being Madrasi. We did not appreciate it.
I’m proud to be of `Dravidian’ origin, sanwali ( a friend tried to make me `feel’ better by saying I was `gehunwa’ colour), and am large-hearted enough to laugh at the foibles of my own people, as portrayed by Mehmood. Deven Varma, too, I’m informed, is not someone who `likes’ South Indians,
but he is a good actor.

hey jinxed_girl?????????

you seem to beleave a lot in 80's & 90's sereals.....man i had forgotten that there was such a sereal also....wake up it's 2012????????

At the end of the day, it is comments like these:

Lol Need i say more ?.....Your country is in shambles. Your government an absolute failure. Your institutions in general disarray....and facing threats from radical islamic groups peppered all over pakistan......and here you are talking about skin color. Its amazing how some minds work.

that show how little Indians know about Pakistan. Indians might like to compare themselves with China, & Pakistan to Afghanistan; whereas the reality of the situation is, whether you look at socioeconomic, political, human indicators; India is nothing like China & is much more like Pakistan.

Thats not true,India has some distance before getting to China,i am just talking numbers here.Lifestyle wise it is way better here.But Pakistan has even lesser distance towards Afghanistan,the only difference being they are ruled by uneducated,crazy AK wielding thugs and u ll be ruled by clean shaven,sophisticated,scotch drinking,cigar smoking generals.

Thats all.

that show how little Indians know about Pakistan. Indians might like to compare themselves with China, & Pakistan to Afghanistan; whereas the reality of the situation is, whether you look at socioeconomic, political, human indicators; India is nothing like China & is much more like Pakistan.
Socio economic : we are unique, Politically please dont compare it with CCP economically we are the part of the BRICS.

It is true that Indians know little about pakistan but almost nothing about china.(apart from military threat).
Indians compare with pakistan because of rivalry.

Bilal bhai we know china is ahead of us in most departments but but we are working to improve owr position comared to Pakistan which thinks instead of working hard & setting much bigger goals it is easy to bring India down with the help of so called proxies??????????That's the main Problem & unfortunatly many here belive in it????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom