What's new

How's your perception of other nations changed on the PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not once have i seen any "misinformation" about the general public in pakistan.

Okay, i'll bite. What are these "lies, & the misinformation Indians have about the average Pakistani citizen, & the dislike for the common man" you keep harping on about for the last two pages...

Just read the statements coming out of the comments section from Indians about Pakistan/Pakistanis on the TOI, The Hindu & other prominent media outlets to understand what I'm talking about.

well my perception has changed about Chinese being friendly...i am very sad to say that. about Pakistan also my perception has changed ...they are not bad which i used to think.Most of them are friendly unless provoked :D ..but i was shocked to see there are many educated Pakistanis citizen having radical thoughts..like supporting blasphemy laws...jihad.etc which i have seen in this very same forum...i hope its my myth.

Just read the statements coming out of the comments section from Indians about Pakistan/Pakistanis on the TOI, The Hindu & other prominent media outlets to understand what I'm talking about.

Wow... that's a very nice indicator to gauge public perceptions (*sarcasm intended*). !....In hindsight, have YOU bothered to read the "comments" in YOUR media outlets ?
'
It goes both ways. Allow me to ask you again..please let us know about the "misinformation" on the general public in pakistan from our MEDIA outlets.

Wow... that's a very nice indicator to gauge public perceptions. !....In hindsight, have YOU bothered to read the "comments" in YOUR media outlets ?

As I have already said, for every Zaid Hamid, Ahmed Qureshi etc you find in Pakistan, you will find Pervez Hoodbhoy, Najam Sethi, Hamid Mir, Ahmed Rashid, Tariq Ali & other people. There are diverse POVs & varying opinions on every topic, take your pick. In India unfortunately, besides the much derided Arundhati Roy, I have not found enough self-critical & accepting analysts/personalities. You tend to find much more streamlined & stereotypical views coming out from India.

As I have already said, for every Zaid Hamid, Ahmed Qureshi etc you find in Pakistan, you will find Pervez Hoodbhoy, Najam Sethi, Hamid Mir, Ahmed Rashid, Tariq Ali & other people. There are diverse POVs & varying opinions on every topic, take your pick. In India unfortunately, besides the much derided Arundhati Roy, I have not found enough self-critical & accepting analysts/personalities. You tend to find much more streamlined & stereotypical views coming out from India.

Oh now i get your drift...you want POSITIVE news on pakistan from Indian media outlets. Well that's a tough request....and not likely to happen so long as your government/armed institutions continue to act against india.

To this day , i have not seen Indian media outlets talk 'anything' about pakistani people in general......except maybe, the rise of islamic extremism there ( which btw, is true )...that too in measured quantities.

As for that 'self-criticism' bit.....you probably didn't see them in your hurry to Google search "insurgencies in india" and associated data.

My advice : Read more. There are PLENTY of them.

My perception more or less remains same. Also people are generally friendlier when you are face to face.

As a girl.. there is one thing for which I have very strong views.. and that is racial and ethnic issues between Indians and Pakistanis.... We Pakistanis (even before partition people from northwestern states whether Hindus, Muslims or Sikhs) are much much better looking on average as compared to your average Indian.. heheheheh........lolllllllllllllll! I am very glad we got separated.. Keep South, Central and East Indians on the other side of the border.. thanks!!

as for religion.. I don't have any strong opinions.... doesn't care whether Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Aliens ;)

Nobody would have forced you to marry sombody you dont like. Most people dont cross their state border, and usually marry a person of similar background.

My perception of other nations:

Pakistan::smitten:
India:I find them quite friendly here ....so far

China:peace loving people
US:dont want to get banned by commenting on this 1 :D
Israel:Dont want to get banned for eternity by commenting on this 1

the rest of nations....good ...so far! :cheers:

it is not about Skin color.. many Punjabis are dark but they never look like your average Tamilian and Kerala people.. thanks!! Keep those people on the other side of border.. thanks again!

You are in USA. How will you deal with having non pakistani people there?

Lol Need i say more ?.....Your country is in shambles. Your government an absolute failure. Your institutions in general disarray....and facing threats from radical islamic groups peppered all over pakistan......and here you are talking about skin color. Its amazing how some minds work.

well the bolded part is so true ....most of owr Pakistanee freinds are so concerned about skin colour or race superiority stuff whats more they then accuse Indian's of racial discrimination?????????? still a mystry why?????????

I already knew pakistani people during my time in Europe and some other friends too.They are normal people and the exact same as most north indians and many north indian muslims i have met.Just that they have a strong punjabi accent and muslim as well.I never used PDF to form an opinion of pakistanis/pakistan as such.I generally find all kinds of pakistanis here with all political views but the right wingers dominate much more than the lefties/centrists and it is slightly different from indians where lefties/centrists dominate a little more than the right wingers.

Bangladesh,i know many Bangladeshis here in Doha even most of them are blue collar people,they r cool.Normal Bengali and not too different from the ones i saw in Calcutta/west Bengal.Guys here are just the usual divided lot,to side with culture/religion?Same old issue,nothing new.They are normal,nothing extreme.

Chinese/Others,i cant make much from them,i know 2-3 Chinese people personally,they r chilled,simple folks and have no political orientation and look upon India as a fellow asian country.

Srilankans,well i know many many Sinhalese people even some settled down in Bangalore/Madras. In the middle of the civil war they tend to have polarised feelings vis a vis mine or anyone else's.It is a complicated issue but most of the people i see here are just kids and i dont take them seriously.

so if you have a baby born to you who is not so good looking ..you will get seperated from him ?? ..in case you feel lke throwing him away...you can send him here in India....he'l be welcomed.....we dont discrminate on looks or skin colour.

Should I start posting comments from all over the net... where you North Indians make fun of South Indians all the time.. here is one for starters...

Gora Aur Kala (1972) | MemsaabStory

Then there are those other perceptions of oh-you-Dravidian-rice-eating (hence not strong), dark-skinned and not very sophisticated (who started it all, I wonder.) How North Indians are more cultured, eat better food and are better looking!
I had a Sindhi neighbour who blurted out all this to me just because I was going through a bout of fatigue at that time (too much work and not enough rest). Another neighbour from childhood said without flinching, `You’ve grown so tanned since you started going to college.’
I recently watched 3 Idiots and DID NOT appreciate how Chatur was portrayed at all.`Ghar-Jamai,’ a TV serial in the late ’80s or ’90s with Satish Shah as the Punjabi sasur, a South Indian damaad, Anant Mahadevan and Kamia Malhotra playing Satish Shah’s daughter also had this `gag’ about everyone below the Vindhyas being Madrasi. We did not appreciate it.
I’m proud to be of `Dravidian’ origin, sanwali ( a friend tried to make me `feel’ better by saying I was `gehunwa’ colour), and am large-hearted enough to laugh at the foibles of my own people, as portrayed by Mehmood. Deven Varma, too, I’m informed, is not someone who `likes’ South Indians, but he is a good actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom