What's new

How's your perception of other nations changed on the PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was you in another thread.....at least now we know your "mindset"...right ? I generally dislike men with two faces.

Mate - i suggest you read the post after this one and before and you will see the context i said this in. Please check what tongue in cheek means - thanks

I think both Indians & Pakistanis have misinformation about each other, but for the most part, Pakistanis know just a little more about India than the vice versa. In Pakistan, even with diverse point-of-views, for the most part, people generally respect India & Indians. The same cannot be said about what the average Indian in India thinks about Pakistan/the average Pakistani.

And why exactly do we need to "respect". There is no incentive.

Terror strikes wont earn you respect.
Fake currency wont earn you respect.
Islamic terrorism wont earn you respect.
Supplying arms to insurgents wont earn you respect.

I have a huge list.....

I think both Indians & Pakistanis have misinformation about each other, but for the most part, Pakistanis know just a little more about India than the vice versa. In Pakistan, even with diverse point-of-views, for the most part, people generally respect India & Indians. The same cannot be said about what the average Indian in India thinks about Pakistan/the average Pakistani.

i would say its all limited to the internet...even the average Indians dont hate Pakistanis...there was a time when there was hatred for them..there is still the hatred but its limited to a small part of the population....and the the hatred rises with terrorist attacks ...but on the whole Indians are now too busy to think about Pakistanis...infact in last decade or so ....India has sifted gears and on a different way altogether..these things hardly bothers them now...but yes I think boththe countries need to learn a lot about each other....with time inshallah...we'll learn more...and as we grow, there would not be any spare time to think about hating each other.

For every Zaid Hamid, Ahmed Qureshi etc you find in Pakistan, you will find Pervez Hoodbhoy, Najam Sethi, Hamid Mir, Ahmed Rashid, Tariq Ali & other prominent pundits that are polar opposites. There are diverse POVs & varying opinions on every topic, take your pick. In India unfortunately, besides the much derided A.Roy, I have not found enough self-critical & accepting analysts/personalities. You tend to find much more streamlined & stereotypical views coming out from India.

And why exactly do we need to "respect". There is no incentive.

Terror strikes wont earn you respect.
Fake currency wont earn you respect.
Islamic terrorism wont earn you respect.
Supplying arms to insurgents wont earn you respect.

I have a huge list.....

Again, your list only national political issues. We have a lot of them about India as well, but generally, we understand that the average Indian citizen does not have control over them just like the average Pakistani has little control over these issues in this country. Which is why despite these national political issues, the average Pakistani do not bear any ill-feelings towards the average Indian, whereas the vice versa is not true.

Mate - i suggest you read the post after this one and before and you will see the context i said this in. Please check what tongue in cheek means - thanks

I did....i read the entire thread. including your rebuttals. The message was rather clear...however subtle you try to put it.

For every Zaid Hamid, Ahmed Qureshi etc you find in Pakistan, you will find Pervez Hoodbhoy, Najam Sethi, Hamid Mir, Ahmed Rashid, Tariq Ali & other prominent pundits that are polar opposites. There are diverse POVs & varying opinions on every topic, take your pick. In India unfortunately, besides the much derided A.Roy, I have not found enough self-critical & accepting analysts/personalities. You tend to find much more streamlined & stereotypical views coming out from India.
I believe you views are liberal and secular in nature :)

bhai i have request for all Pakistanee members dont give so much importance to this A.roy for she said something sweet to Pakistanee ear's about Kashmeer ...she is a W**** , everytime there is a new book launch & she needs publicity to sell her books she says something like this to become controversial/sensational & as they say sensationalism sells ,about english media ...likes os IBN/Cnn & NDTV well they are basically corporates indisguise of Media...like barkha dutt or Verr Sanghvee???????????

Again, your list only national political issues. We have a lot of them about India as well, but generally, we understand that the average Indian citizen does not have control over them just like the average Pakistani has little control over these issues in this country. Which is why despite these national political issues, the average Pakistani do not bear any ill-feelings towards the average Indian, whereas the vice versa is not true.

National political issues ? My dear gullible friend....these "innocuous" details are what people generally call "threats to national sovereignty and security". I think most educated citizens in a democratic entity would care about such "minute" details.

Point is can anyone make out a general perception of a country upon comments of a defence forum, where we talk about wars and weapons?

National political issues ? My dear gullible friend....these "innocuous" details are what people generally call "threats to national sovereignty and security". I think most educated citizens in a democratic entity would care about such "minute" details.

I have no objections about what your political views are about Pakistan (the Pakistani establishment). My objection is at the lies, & the misinformation Indians have about the average Pakistani citizen, & the dislike for the common man.

I find many Pakistanis here very sensible n mature when they comment on certain topic. They may not agree with ur POV but atlest they debate sensibly. My only problem is with some Chinese members. I find them very egoistic, so full of themselves.

I have no objections about what your political views are about Pakistan (the Pakistani establishment). My objection is at the lies, & the misinformation Indians have about the average Pakistani citizen, & the dislike for the common man.

Okay, i'll bite. What are these "lies, & the misinformation Indians have about the average Pakistani citizen, & the dislike for the common man" you keep harping on about for the last two pages...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom