What's new

How's your perception of other nations changed on the PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care much, in fact the general people's perception might not be reflected by a group of internet jingos, actually common man just dont care about national diplomacy and prefers staying busy with their day to day life, a few of us here interested in participating in debate do not means the voice of the nation.

I think the opposite is true.. internet allows anonymity and people start expressing their true feeling and hate for each other.. So, whatever people write on the internet DOES matter... in real life, people dont say all that stuff what we say on the net.. and meet with each other politely... and nowadays majority of people around the world have net connections, so you cant ignore the internet opinion of people...

Thanks maam for it.... im obliged , Thanks Again waise i like Pakistani musicians very much specially Atif & Late Nusrat saheb

Same here. We invited JAL band in our university. Ppl gone cazy when they played.... awesome band :tup:

I think the opposite is true.. internet allows anonymity and people start expressing their true feeling and hate for each other.. So, whatever people write on the internet DOES matter... in real life, people dont say all that stuff what we say on the net.. and meet with each other politely... and nowadays majority of people around the world have net connections, so you cant ignore the internet opinion of people...

Very true, they are usually more honest on the internet. :tup:

Do you think an Indian in Hong Kong would tell us to our faces what they really think of us? No chance. :lol:

i wont say everytime pakistanis start these youtube comment wars but one can clearly see that pakistanis start abusing hindu gods and godesses with extremely dirty words...

Plus what are pakistanis doing in indian youtube videos...if they are there to admire then their comments do not reflect that which means they come there to troll only...

again please don't start the blame game.. there are as many hate groups on India on facebook as many they are on Pakistan... and I have seen Indians leaving extremely offending comments on Pakistani singers videos too.. so I can say the same about Indians... both have to take blame for this

Because unfortunately, despite the many similarities between Indians & Pakistanis, we constantly hear Indians (& the Indian media) calling the average Pakistani a fundamentalist/extremist/terrorist lover, not wanting to highlight the similarities between the two nations. And the Indian (& even Pakistan's local) media concentrates on the negatives of Pakistan without looking at any of the good aspects here. The perception of Pakistan/the average Pakistani is extremely bad in India, & there is a lot of misinformation about Pakistan/the average Pakistani in India. In Pakistan, despite the unsavory past & the reservations we have on Kashmir, India & Indians are respected inside Pakistan by the average Pakistani. Go to Pakistani cities & villages, you will see Bollywood posters/billboards of Indian actors on the streets & in market places, & lots of people watching Bollywood movies. People follow Indian & Pakistani cricket as well. Yet, despite all these commonalities & similarities, we are regularly looked down upon by India/Indians, being told that we are nothing like them. Pakistan is about 1/5th the size of India & 1/7th the population, with a lot of shared history in the Indian subcontinent, we look at India as an older brother, but we are disappointed when India does not behave like that with us. 'Forget' the outstanding political issues, & see everything from the spectrum of an average Pakistani-Indian citizen, & then you will see the foolishness of our ways.

but bhai your media is also Anty India exept few level headed guys like Javed chowdhry , Hassan Nisar, Najam Sethi most of the media in your country is anty india ...to top it all even to this day even after what indian govt did for Dalits in india like equal rights & 50% reservations in all the govt jobs & educational institutions your media keeps harping about untouchables & shoodr-malechh stuff which 90% indians dont even know now??????

again please don't start the blame game.. there are as many hate groups on India on facebook as many they are on Pakistan... and I have seen Indians leaving extremely offending comments on Pakistani singers videos too.. so I can say the same about Indians... both have to take blame for this

i agree...both sides have started these comment wars and it has become impossible to find out who started it first :)

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Very true, they are usually more honest on the internet. :tup:

Do you think an Indian in Hong Kong would tell us to our faces what they really think of us? No chance. :lol:

i have great respect for good chinese people and good pakistani people...i will tell this to their faces for sure :P

In PDF my myth is broken. That is bangladehi in bangladesh are worst than bangladsehi in India. I used to think in opposite way.

Pakistan: much much better than I thought. I am very happy with them

Chinese: they are all same. Both India and pakistan have many good member like Imran khan, superkaif, ashokdevia or guru dutt unlike all chinese member are sarcastic

Chinese: they are all same. Both India and pakistan have many good member like Imran khan, superkaif, ashokdevia or guru dutt unlike all chinese member are sarcastic

We are genetically all born with in-built sarcasm. :D

(I am being sarcastic).

Thanks maam for it.... im obliged , Thanks Again waise i like Pakistani musicians very much specially Atif & Late Nusrat saheb

I like majority of old Indian singers like Lata, Geeta Dutt, Shamshad Begum, Talat, Mukesh, Asha Bhosle... even right now I am listening to old Indian songs on youtube... ;)

However, I have seen this general perception among Indians is that if you are Pakistani.. you hate Hindus and Sikhs.. and on the internet when I tell an Indian that I am Pakistani, the first question they ask, if I hate Hindus.. why would we hate Hindus? And your media should be blamed for this for stereotyping all Pakistanis as thirsty for Hindu blood

My perceptions have been changed as a result of this forum.

pakistanis : Negative.
chinese : Extremely negative.
bangladeshis: Neutral.
afghans : positive
americans : Neutral.
Russians : positive
israelis : positive.

but bhai your media is also Anty India exept few level headed guys like Javed chowdhry , Hassan Nisar, Najam Sethi most of the media in your country is anty india ...to top it all even to this day even after what indian govt did for Dalits in india like equal rights & 50% reservations in all the govt jobs & educational institutions your media keeps harping about untouchables & shoodr-malechh stuff which 90% indians dont even know now??????

Pakistan media consists of pundits & analysts who have varying opinions & diverse point-of-views on all topics, people that are very self-critical as well & very complementary of India too (& then there are other people that are not). Just read the opinion blogs on top Pakistani media outlets like the Express Tribune & Dawn. In India however, we see a stereotypical & an extremely streamlined view of the media (which is reflected in many Indian people as well), which has (no offense meant), elements of self-denial & a lack of acceptance of the ground realities.

Because unfortunately, despite the many similarities between Indians & Pakistanis, we constantly hear Indians (& the Indian media) calling the average Pakistani a fundamentalist/extremist/terrorist lover, not wanting to highlight the similarities between the two nations. And the Indian (& even Pakistan's local) media concentrates on the negatives of Pakistan without looking at any of the good aspects here. The perception of Pakistan/the average Pakistani is extremely bad in India, & there is a lot of misinformation about Pakistan/the average Pakistani in India. In Pakistan, despite the unsavory past & the reservations we have on Kashmir, India & Indians are respected inside Pakistan by the average Pakistani. Go to Pakistani cities & villages, you will see Bollywood posters/billboards of Indian actors on the streets & in market places, & lots of people watching Bollywood movies. People follow Indian & Pakistani cricket as well. Yet, despite all these commonalities & similarities, we are regularly looked down upon by India/Indians, being told that we are nothing like them. Pakistan is about 1/5th the size of India & 1/7th the population, with a lot of shared history in the Indian subcontinent, we look at India as an older brother, but we are disappointed when India does not behave like that with us. 'Forget' the outstanding political issues, & see everything from the spectrum of an average Pakistani-Indian citizen, & then you will see the foolishness of our ways.

It is good to know that Pakistani think positively about India, I am under an impression that Pakistan wish to segregate itself from India and Indian culture and other similarities by looking upon youtube videos where Pakistani TV channels express how they are different from India and why they are different from India, personally I didnt care much about hating Pakistan before 26/11 mumbai attack and Kargil war, this two event will stay as reminder for some times untill we see some positive change in Pakistan.

Nothing new then.. same as what your typical everyday Indian thinks then... ;)

i think there is a room for correction there Sir??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom