What's new

How you rank your identities

Ya that too is true.

But we must be sent here for a reason. I do not believe Allah did not have a plan for each of us.

That might get into religious and meta-physical debate. Probably something that is not warranted here. What does identity mean when you are buried? Nothing.

Actually there is Hadith which say that every child born on deen - e fitrut and then its his parent and environment who make him Chiristain, Jews , atheist etc

There is no such thing as deen e fitrat .......... if there was, then any feral child wouldn't behave wild but all Muslim.

For you,yes but not for me.

It's worthless. You never had the choice to be born a Turk, or Muslim, or even had the chance to choose your own name. So when you go to your grave, what identity will you take with you? One that was given to you?

I might be disturbed right now, but I don't think I wrote anything wrong. And I certainly don't mean any disrespect by it.

It's worthless. You never had the choice to be born a Turk, or Muslim, or even had the chance to choose your own name. So when you go to your grave, what identity will you take with you? One that was given to you?

I might be disturbed right now, but I don't think I wrote anything wrong. And I certainly don't mean any disrespect by it.
Im not saying that you wrote anything wrong but isnt my identity up to me?
Dont i get to decide who i am?

That might get into religious and meta-physical debate. Probably something that is not warranted here. What does identity mean when you are buried? Nothing.

I know man. Everyone becomes equal then. Under the soil. Regardless what is built on top, or who comes to visit.

I think which faith you are born into is not by chance.

Im not saying that you wrote anything wrong but isnt my identity up to me?
Dont i get to decide who i am?

Very true. You are right. I made a mistake on my end. If that is how you identify yourself, you have every right.

I guess I was trying to push you to look at things in a different perspective, but what you choose for yourself is your identity. I stand corrected by you brother. :tup:

I know man. Everyone becomes equal then. Under the soil. Regardless what is built on top, or who comes to visit.

I think which faith you are born into is not by chance.

I'm in very heavy thought at the moment. Maybe what I say doesn't even make sense. I have my own way at looking at things. The Turkish brother wants to identify himself as a Turk, when I don't even consider it an option.

However, his life is in his hands.

I feel like identity is such a superficial word, that it only makes sense to people that are around you.

Cow is holy just for Hindus then Why impose it on Non-Hindus fellow citizens ? It just prove that India is a Hindu Rashtra. If someone consider himself Indian before Hindu then he/she should not impose his religion on others and should respect the freedom of Indians to live their lives as per their own scripture and cow meat is halal for Muslims.

Except for the underlined sentence, I agree 100 percent.

The reason I don't agree with that sentence, is because India tries to please all religious groups in one way or another, not just Hindus. For example, India spends billions of dollars each year subsidizing Haj for Indian Muslims. In effect, non Muslim taxpayers pay for Haj even though they do not partake in it. Meat stalls are closed in several towns on certain days important to Jains. So on and so forth.

(And I'm not even going into the Musilm personal law issues that the GoI doesn't dare to touch due to fear of angering the clergy - even though it is actually hurting Muslims. Even Pakistan, despite being an Islamic republic, has more progressive laws on that front than India. Shah Bano...)

Take all the laws and expenditures the govt partakes in to pander to religions, and you will notice that it is certainly not Hindus alone that the govt or laws seek to please.

BTW, you haven't told me why your logic as quoted above, and with which I agree 100%, should not be applied in Pakitan too. You say that's because Pakistan is an Islamic republic, but does that make a moral case for the same? Surely you can allow others to practice whatever they consider to be halal? Would you agree to that? If not, maybe you can understand why other religions too have people who think their religion should be imposed on others.

Very true. You are right. I made a mistake on my end. If that is how you identify yourself, you have every right.

I guess I was trying to push you to look at things in a different perspective, but what you choose for yourself is your identity. I stand corrected by you brother. :tup:

I'm in very heavy thought at the moment. Maybe what I say doesn't even make sense. I have my own way at looking things. The Turkish brother wants to identify himself as a Turk, when I don't even consider it an option.

However, his life is in his hands.

I feel like identity is such a superficial word, that it only makes sense to people that are around you.

I think identity is a sense of "belonging". Affinity. Relating. Looking for your "own". In its pathological form it becomes exclusionary. Where you start branding people as "others" and then dehumanise them.

Identity is about human relationships.

There are different humans. Different relationships. Thus different identities.

I think identity is a sense of "belonging". Affinity. Relating. Looking for your "own". In its pathological form it becomes exclusionary. Where you start branding people as "others" and then dehumanise them.

Identity is about human relationships.

There are different humans. Different relationships. Thus different identities.

That's a beautiful and sound way to put it.

I guess I might be fucked in the head when I say... We are born in this world alone. Can any human remember when they first gain consciousness? There is nobody in the world that lives among us that remembers the beginning to their existence.

I assume when we leave this world, we will also go out the same way. There will be no one with you when you are dying. What do I know? I am just a manically depressed individual.

Back
Top Bottom