What's new

How would a war on Iran start off?

So are we coming to the conclusion that Israel could only slightly delay some aspects of the nuclear program and that Iran can't really respond effectively? I want to know if Iran is militarily capable of exacting a price on Israel.
As I said before, Israel would not do anything, and yes, mullahs have the potential to respond very strongly to Israel. IMO, there is only two options for west+Israel. either stop mullahs by very hard sanctions, or going to a full scale war. limited attacks would not do anything against their program.

As I said before, Israel would not do anything, and yes, mullahs have the potential to respond very strongly to Israel. IMO, there is only two options for west+Israel. either stop mullahs by very hard sanctions, or going to a full scale war. limited attacks would not do anything against their program.

Why do you say they have potential to respond very strongly? All I think that's possible is limited missile strikes if Hezbollah doesn't get involved. Even if they do their arsenal is over exaggerated in the press, they largely only posses normal artillery rockets which can't reach far distance.

Why do you say they have potential to respond very strongly? All I think that's possible is limited missile strikes if Hezbollah doesn't get involved. Even if they do their arsenal is over exaggerated in the press, they largely only posses normal artillery rockets which can't reach far distance.
They have Sejil-2 missiles which are very good ballistic missiles, and Hizballah would do anything for mullahs. Khamenei is their Marja'. Anyway, IMO, this case is unlikely.

Israel could make a deal with Azerbaijan. Both have same enemy and is either them or Iran. Same way, it is either Turkey or Iran who will get hegemony in mid east.

How will it start off? Iran can't win open warfare. So they won't start it. The way Iran fights is through covert ways and proxy warfare. If Turkey gets Syria. Iran will act more desperate and prop up proxy warfare against Israel, Saudis and Turkey.

Iran wont get attacked until they get their to making a nuke. Israeli strike will be surprise attack, but they will have made secret deal with Azerbaijan and remaining allies. Iran will attack Azerbaijan and Saudis. They will get drawn into open war. It is question whether or not they will attack Turkey but according to Iranians. They will attack Turkish missile shield in Turkey that protects Israel. Without they can't attack Israel.

I think this won't happen anytime soon but we know that Iran won't back down so conflict is inevitable sooner or later. The result will be mid east without proxy wars. It will be a new age.

Plainly it wont. The US still sees Iran as its potential ally and would jump at the chance if a moderate comes into power and tones down the anti-Israel rhetoric( Anti-GCC is all fine).Even having Iran has a nice diplomatic connection would serve the cause of having the Muslim nations attack and fight each other, leaving Israel essentially safe. A much larger Shia Sunni conflict may be looming, and Israel is only going to be told to sit back and watch.

Recently the Iranian had sanctions relaxed to allow them to purchase spare parts for civilian aircraft.. more relaxations, better relations could follow. All that matters in Iran is whether the Mullah is prepared to change his rhetoric from Israel to Saudi Arabia, and things do look ripe for that change.

Israel could make a deal with Azerbaijan. Both have same enemy and is either them or Iran. Same way, it is either Turkey or Iran who will get hegemony in mid east.

How will it start off? Iran can't win open warfare. So they won't start it. The way Iran fights is through covert ways and proxy warfare. If Turkey gets Syria. Iran will act more desperate and prop up proxy warfare against Israel, Saudis and Turkey.

Iran wont get attacked until they get their to making a nuke. Israeli strike will be surprise attack, but they will have made secret deal with Azerbaijan and remaining allies. Iran will attack Azerbaijan and Saudis. They will get drawn into open war. It is question whether or not they will attack Turkey but according to Iranians. They will attack Turkish missile shield in Turkey that protects Israel. Without they can't attack Israel.

I think this won't happen anytime soon but we know that Iran won't back down so conflict is inevitable sooner or later. The result will be mid east without proxy wars. It will be a new age.

Iran attacking Azerbaijan and Saudis?

if they wanna die then yea sure go for it

Saudi air force alone is enough to destroy Iran lol

The problem is, if Israel doesn't feel it will face a painful reprisal these attacks will carry through the future, especially against the Palestinians. Israelis support war against neighboring nations because they feel safe while neighbors get attacked. So if Iran can't deliver a blow in retaliation then this Cold War between them will continue and unconditional western support to Israel only encourages it to be aggressive. The only time Israelis ever regretted expansionism and war against the occupied Palestinian people was during the times of suicide bombing it was very effective and made them regret the day they ever supported an occupation. If Israelis don't feel a danger to them their government will capitalize on that and further dedicate their assets to the occupation of Palestine. If they see a real threat they would stand against a unilateral attack against Iran.
well, remember how they regretted their 2012 invasion and accepted all of the Hamas condition just after 8 days, that wasn't the result of suicide bombing but some rockets which landed inside Telaviv.
94347502482902394709.jpg

Ofcourse it would, some of its missile payload would fall short of its target and crash into Muslims countries and the rest that would actually make it to Israel would be intercepted by the missile defence and very few would hit Israeli soil and even fewer would hit the intended target.....
I hate to bash Iran, but that the truth and this is what it has come to....
The naval blockade would ensure that no Irani ship reaches the Israeli shore....
All in all it will be a one side fight, realistically the IDF will come on top....
i like that

As far as I've witnessed, I think you are constantly dreaming and daydreaming about Iran attacking Azerbaijan or Turkey someday. The question remains, is that a well worthy fantasy to fantasize about all day?

As far as I've witnessed, I think you are constantly dreaming and daydreaming about Iran attacking Azerbaijan or Turkey someday. The question remains, is that a well worthy fantasy to fantasize about all day?
Iranian generals are saying that. Not me. They said while back ago if Israel attacks Iran. They will attack the missile shield in Turkey which protects Israel.the question remains are you living in a dream world is just live in a bubble?

Iran attacking Azerbaijan and Saudis?

if they wanna die then yea sure go for it

Saudi air force alone is enough to destroy Iran lol
That doesn't withhold them to support proxies in Saudi Arabia. If Iran looses Syria, they will only prop up their behavior.

Edit:
Iran threatens to bomb Turkey if U.S. or Israel attack nuclear installations | Mail Online

Last edited:
technically, they can enrich that amount of Uranium for 1 bomb with their IR2 centrifuges in less than 2 months. Anyway, I doubt it if they stop making bomb after the first one. Anyway, even 1 bomb is very dangerous, because they can use it as a "dirty bomb".

The economics of strike on Iran hinges on a crucial factor that cost of setting up an Enrichment plant is more than that of a couple of Bunker Buster bomb.

Even if Israel Strikes one month before Iran could enrich enough Uranium for a Bomb, it would still have strategic benefits of delaying the Bomb and imposing extra cost on Iranian Nuke program. The final result would depend upon whether Iran has political will to absorb those extra cost, many times over, in all probability.

Repeated Air strikes like a la-Saddam affair is also an option. It would depend on political will of US.

Israel has ability to conduct repeated strikes but only if Arab neighbours of Iran are in tacit understanding with Israel and by political backing of US.

USAF could strike without giving a single **** to anyone.

The economics of strike on Iran hinges on a crucial factor that cost of setting up an Enrichment plant is more than that of a couple of Bunker Buster bomb.

Even if Israel Strikes one month before Iran could enrich enough Uranium for a Bomb, it would still have strategic benefits of delaying the Bomb and imposing extra cost on Iranian Nuke program. The final result would depend upon whether Iran has political will to absorb those extra cost, many times over, in all probability.
The fact is that mullahs have already made their choice, and built Fordo enrich. facilities under a mountain that cannot be destroyed with bunker buster bombs. I saw an analyzer that was saying that they need to target it for many times to be able to harm it which it would take at least 2 days, if mullahs do not use any of their air defense systems at all. Fordo is built in order not to be destroyed in any condition. They have already spent an unbelievable amount of money to build the structure.
Repeated Air strikes like a la-Saddam affair is also an option. It would depend on political will of US.

Israel has ability to conduct repeated strikes but only if Arab neighbours of Iran are in tacit understanding with Israel and by political backing of US.

USAF could strike without giving a single **** to anyone.
Repeated air strike cannot happen either. since it takes too much time, and mullahs would start to respond. Do not forget that mullahs have a strong ballistic missile program, and they have many allied terrorist groups in all continents that can start to act in such condition. Actually, the whole purpose of these groups for mullahs is for this type of situations. BTW, They have very good allies among leftists in US, and Europe from a long time ago, and some of them are even mullahs sell outs, and receive money from mullahs, NIAC, and some pro-mullah major oil companies for their lobbying, who would not let Westerners to do such a scenario. The situation is very complicated indeed.

-Israel would launch an air attack presumably with Western intelligence help and active military support
-What will they strike? Civilian infrastructure? And how long would the strikes be?
-No ground invasion would occur for self explanatory reasons
-The US would be blamed by the Muslim world for sanctioning another Israeli attack against their people and the American people would face a reprisal due to our foreign policy of supporting Israeli wars.
-Where would Israel strike from?
-Would Iran mobilize and respond several hours later or will they calculate that the damage if insignificant is not worthy of a response and increase their nuclear activities?

1- Yes, but it also has accurate missile delivery systems that would keep more options open for Israel
2- Nuclear facilities - keeping objectives short and simple is how Israel wages wars
3- No ground invasion from Israel, but there are still active US troops in Afghanistan
4- Nope, Iran's Muslim neighbors are pushing the US to check the nuclear program at all costs
5- Israel has 2 options for striking; air and missiles
6- Iran will likely respond with its own missiles since its ground and air force do not have the capacity to target Israel effectively. The accuracy of those missiles is dubious though.

Just my opinion,, it could be wrong ;)

~ RazorMC

Azerbaijan needs to remain neutral. Since there is no benefit for her. Iran would not attack Saudi, or Azerbaijan either. Iran only has a sea border with Saudi, so it is obviously not possible. Based on my perception from the Turkey, whether we like or not, AKP would lead Turkey for another decade, and AKP is not anti-mullah at all. only when Mursi came into power, and Syria's situation was seemed to fell into hands of MB of Syria, Erdogan got interested in an alliance between Egypt-Turkey-A MB Syria-Qatar. but the fact is that Mursi is gone, seculars are weak in Syria, and Qatar has changed, so Erdogan has started to become closer to mullahs again. Do not forget that he let do laundering for mullahs. Anyway, as long as AKP is in power, IMO, Turkey would not support Azerbaijan in a war. Since they, AKP, do not care about Turkic brotherhood, and they do care for shia-sunni conflicts in some extent.

Azerbaijan needs to remain neutral. Since there is no benefit for her. Iran would not attack Saudi, or Azerbaijan either. Iran only has a sea border with Saudi, so it is obviously not possible. Based on my perception from the Turkey, whether we like or not, AKP would lead Turkey for another decade, and AKP is not anti-mullah at all. only when Mursi came into power, and Syria's situation was seemed to fell into hands of MB of Syria, Erdogan got interested in an alliance between Egypt-Turkey-A MB Syria-Qatar. but the fact is that Mursi is gone, seculars are weak in Syria, and Qatar has changed, so Erdogan has started to become closer to mullahs again. Do not forget that he let do laundering for mullahs. Anyway, as long as AKP is in power, IMO, Turkey would not support Azerbaijan in a war. Since they, AKP, do not care about Turkic brotherhood, and they do care for shia-sunni conflicts in some extent.

if Iran stops sponsoring terrorists inside Azerbaijan the relations would improve

Azerbaijan can defend itself in a war
Azerbaijan air defence network is the most advanced in the region
tank fleet is also more advanced along with artillery

Back
Top Bottom