What's new

How to stop Islamic extremism: Global Fiqh Council (GFC)

This was posted before in another thread so this is a cross post.

I propose a project:

Global Fiqh Council (GFC)
(Fiqh means Islamic Jurisprudence)
Fiqh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Headquarter must be in a high gdp Muslim country, I recommend either Turkey or Malaysia. It should be a research institution in an Islamic university. Every country and ethnic group of Muslims with at least 5 million population will get to send one Ulama from their community. So there will be approximately 320 Ulama representatives from around the world. Around 280 from Sunni communities and 40 from Shia communities.

The project should be funded by OIC.

It should have living quarters for all Ulama, library, class, conference centers etc. Qualified Ulama's will teach classes at the university, others will do teaching assistant job and research.

HuT lunes are at it again - they would have think that Muslim majority states should pay for the same bunch whose genius gave us Islamic radicalism/terrorism?

Basically set up a infrastructure for the caliphate and we'll issue some statement about ending Islamist terrorism - we'll make everything uniform, separate and unequal

A question to all - Was Islamist terrorism extremism stared by OIC, or the establishing of a pretentious Global Figh Council?? No?? Why then do we need such an infrastructure? Fact of the matter is that Islamist extremism/terrorism should have, in the minds of those who confess themselves as Muslim, nothing to do with Islam, and yet it does and it was created in small cells and is propagated from a handful of large institutions.

If Islamist terrorism is to be ended, it must first be De-legitimized - and so long as apologists continue to justify their existence s a valid response to real and imagined injustices, it will not be De-legitimized - so lets get our right/wrong and good/bad in order.

Don't you think military intervention against Russia's sovereignty, that you propose, would lead to an all out bloody conflict??

yaar hamare alawa kaun jaata hai BD section ;)

Pakistan has used her nuclear weapons and strong military to shield her terrorists. They have not used their ''strong military'' but 16 year old muslim kids from pakistan to fight for them.

One bangladeshi suggests more religion, one pakistani suggest more weapons as a solution to terrorism in the name of superstitious beliefs. We are supposed to take such humor with a straight face, apparently.

Sounds good....from one of the links you provided. Fucking backward mentality.....

@Audio :rofl: well, I didnt read what I posted :oops: sorry...I only knew abt the center...

But yea I agree, like the East is forcing its mentality on others....West is doing the same under weird titles :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you think military intervention against Russia's sovereignty, that you propose, would lead to an all out bloody conflict??

You are right that the situation now is difficult, but there were windows of opportunity when the USSR broke up and many other republics (e.g. Georgia) conquered by Russia in the 19th century broke away.

I was making a general point about strength to ward off the superpowers. Some cases would obviously be harder than others.

@Audio :rofl: well, I didnt read what I posted :oops: sorry...I only knew abt the center...

But yea I agree, like the East is forcing its mentality on others....West is doing the same under weird titles :blink:

The MIDDLE East is forcing its mentality on others.

Do not include us in your weird imaginary problems.

Well, it's actually progress, even if i'm ashamed to call it as such due to Erdogoon's comments and the clout AKP would have. Though i don't know what kind of arrangement is in place here, im quite sure Erdo had to give some concessions to the Germans, they generally don't give anything without taking something in return...
However it's progress because up until now imams were imported from places like KSA, they came with radical views etc....at least them being trained in Germany under a body that is supervized by "normal" people should in theory account for better education.

You are right that the situation now is difficult, but there were windows of opportunity when the USSR broke up and many other republics (e.g. Georgia) conquered by Russia in the 19th century broke away.

I was making a general point about strength to ward off the superpowers. Some cases would obviously be harder than others.

The Chechens got their independence in 1994 when they routed the Russian military. Russia was thrown out and from 94-99 they self governed Chechenya. But idiots as they were, fueled by religious zeal to spread the true message, they invaded neighboring Dagestan to "liberate" the territory. This gave Putin the excuse to put them in their place. They have no one to blame but themselves for their predicament.

War of Dagestan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The MIDDLE East is forcing its mentality on others.

Do not include us in your weird imaginary problems.

West is forcing democracy. :P Some are not ready for the book version and need the sword version. I guess she was reffering to that.

Anyhow, i doubt people have the mentality to accept it, either by words or by the sword. First thing that happened in Egypt after they voted in MB, they wanted to change (increase) the rights of the pharaoh.

Well, it's actually progress, even if i'm ashamed to call it as such due to Erdogoon's comments and the clout AKP would have. Though i don't know what kind of arrangement is in place here, im quite sure Erdo had to give some concessions to the Germans, they generally don't give anything without taking something in return...
However it's progress because up until now imams were imported from places like KSA, they came with radical views etc....at least them being trained in Germany under a body that is supervized by "normal" people should in theory account for better education.
@Audio as long as they do not twist the law or try to add or remove as they wish like they did with the bible....I am fine with what they have to offer...

The Chechens got their independence in 1994 when they routed the Russian military. Russia was thrown out and from 94-99 they self governed Chechenya. But idiots as they were, fueled by religious zeal to spread the true message, they invaded neighboring Dagestan to "liberate" the territory. This gave Putin the excuse to put them in their place. They have no one to blame but themselves for their predicament.

War of Dagestan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems it was some renegade warlords, not the Chechen government, which was involved in Dagestan and, since it gave Russia the pretext to invade Chechnya, there are different theories on who exactly was behind it all.

Wiki says that the Chechen government even offered to work with Russia to crack down on the Islamists, but Putin refused.

West is forcing democracy. :P Some are not ready for the book version and need the sword version. I guess she was reffering to that.

Anyhow, i doubt people have the mentality to accept it, either by words or by the sword. First thing that happened in Egypt after they voted in MB, they wanted to change (increase) the rights of the pharaoh.

But this has nothing to do with the true east, the dharmic - local, non abrahmic east. We have our own problems and do not want to be lumped with terrorism apologists. They are middle east, not east. When people have said eastern philosophies, they never meant islam. Lets not change the nomenclature.

It seems it was some renegade warlords, not the Chechen government, which was involved in Dagestan and, since it gave Russia the pretext to invade Chechnya, there are different theories on who exactly was behind it all.

Wiki says that the Chechen government even offered to work with Russia to crack down on the Islamists, but Putin refused.

You maybe right. See the problem with religious extremists is (in this case Basayev and Khattab) that no matter what, they will never be satisfied. They will always find an excuse to create trouble. So the Joint Muslim Task force that you propose may not work.

But this has nothing to do with the true east, the dharmic - local, non abrahmic east. We have our own problems and do not want to be lumped with terrorism apologists. They are middle east, not east. When people have said eastern philosophies, they never meant islam. Lets not change the nomenclature.

Well sorry, wasn't really trying to change anything or lump anyone together. Was talking in the context of Middle East since there is where the most tensions seem to originate.

So the Joint Muslim Task force that you propose may not work.

Just to be clear, I am not supporting the proposal in the OP.

My position is that good fences make good neighbors. As long as Muslims are unable to defend their turf through conventional strength (military, diplomatic, etc.), these do-it-yourself types will sprout up.

This is not about defending terrorism, but understanding its underlying dynamics. Terrorism is neither new, nor an Islamic invention; it has been around since the beginning of time and human nature doesn't change.

How to stop western militarism against Middle Eastern countries?

Back
Top Bottom