What's new

How to lose weight fast but safely

Yup. I keep doing it.

1. Wake and have unsweetened lemon water (warm water).

2. Have Green Tea.

3. Porridge/Oats (unsweetened with skimmed milk) for breakfast.

4. Slice of Papaya/Melon or some water melon at 11-1200 hrs.

5. 3 Boiled eggs for lunch.

6. Slice of Papaya/Melon or some water melon at 1600 hrs.

7. Green Tea unsweetened.

8. 3 Boiled Eggs with boiled chicken breast at 1900 hrs.

Nothing else.

Add a mix of 10 km run daily, weight training at gym (not increasing load but number of reps) and cycling/swim if you can about 500 meters worth.

Do this for 03 weeks and you will be fine. After that, just watch what you eat. Eat everything .. including ice cream and cakes, but only in small quantity and once a week ....

cheers and have fun.

Aim should not be to lose weight ..... it should be tone up. Weight will be adjusted by the body accordingly. As you achieve your fitness goals, your body will adjust to your optimal weight.

You maybe 100 kgs but will be super fit physically and be 50 kgs and be unfit.
I think i will feel hungry if just eat what you mentioned in there and i do walk rather than running or cycling so is not long walk better than short cycling ?

cholestrol level?
weight and height?

Mentioned in firts page
5 feet 11 inches and weight 88KG

You can't welsh; you've already promised to keep me fully equipped for a robust social life. Get on with it, champ.
Forget it !!! :lol:
i discovered a new stuff i forgot to tell you about today . will let you into the secret the next time we meet.

How dare you call my friend ''old''???:pissed::pissed::pissed:
A good women makes sure he doesnt get a heart attack,she'll be gentle but i guess you are to young to know.
Well as a father of three and on the wrong side of forty i guess i am too young , also i know the "old man " personally , we happen to be good friends.

I was slim and fit but had this habit of eating blindly. I was not one of those people who never read information on food label to get clue about calories /fat/sugar before eating them. I am fond of those food which are unhealthy i.e Pizaa, pastaz, ice,creams, sweets, cakes, rice, roti etc I thought that i will never gain weight but i was wrong ..Now some test suggested that my cholesterol level is high and i was told to lose some weight . My GP said that people from south asia have higher risk of diabetes and heart related disease and their unhealthy food dont help it either but instead make it worse . I cannot live without roti/chipatti even though reduced it from 4 to 2 roti daily ..I started walking one hour daily but it did not made any difference as just lost half KG in one month. My work has minimum physical activity as sit on chair most of time which dont help it either

any tips and suggestions ?

I eat way more rotis than you do. But then I exercise as well. I would suggest joining a gym and exercise an hour every day at least 3-4 times a week. You can exercise on alternative days. Also take care of what you consume between lunch and dinner. Snacking on chips/fries and drinking cola/soda should be avoided. Like none of it. Also give up on ice creams, cakes, biscuits as well. They give calories but dont fill you or provide any nutrients.

Have breakfast everyday. Eggs, bread and milk is ideal. And then you have lunch and dinner. Eat as many rotis/rice as you need with what ever you have curry/steak. If you are still hungry during the day eat fruits. You will lose weight as well as build muscles.

I eat way more rotis than you do. But then I exercise as well. I would suggest joining a gym and exercise an hour every day at least 3-4 times a week. You can exercise on alternative days. Also take care of what you consume between lunch and dinner. Snacking on chips/fries and drinking cola/soda should be avoided. Like none of it. Also give up on ice creams, cakes, biscuits as well. They give calories but dont fill you or provide any nutrients.

Have breakfast everyday. Eggs, bread and milk is ideal. And then you have lunch and dinner. Eat as many rotis/rice as you need with what ever you have curry/steak. If you are still hungry during the day eat fruits. You will lose weight as well as build muscles.
I assume Indian roti is smaller . Our one roti is equal to your 2 rotiz . People told me to give up rotiz entirely if goal is weight loss. sadly i have no time for gym or exercise because of long working hours but i prefer walking to my work place early in the morning which take one hour. yes i really need to control my food habits as all foods which seem good in taste is actually unhealthy lol

Well as a father of three and on the wrong side of forty i guess i am too young , also i know the "old man " personally , we happen to be good friends.
Nice,children make life more interesting but the wrong side of forty is still young and since you are friends,ill leave it at that.

I was slim and fit but had this habit of eating blindly. I was not one of those people who never read information on food label to get clue about calories /fat/sugar before eating them. I am fond of those food which are unhealthy i.e Pizaa, pastaz, ice,creams, sweets, cakes, rice, roti etc I thought that i will never gain weight but i was wrong ..Now some test suggested that my cholesterol level is high and i was told to lose some weight . My GP said that people from south asia have higher risk of diabetes and heart related disease and their unhealthy food dont help it either but instead make it worse . I cannot live without roti/chipatti even though reduced it from 4 to 2 roti daily ..I started walking one hour daily but it did not made any difference as just lost half KG in one month. My work has minimum physical activity as sit on chair most of time which dont help it either

consult a dietitian...i consulted one lost 8 kgs in 2 months(without any exercise).

Thanks guys for all your suggestions . Much appreciated

Problem is layman like me has no clue about how much carb/calories/sugar is there in roti/salun/curry/fruit/veg we eat daily and how much actually we need to attain the goal of weight loss without starving ourselves and then there is confusion of good fat(omega fatty acid) and bad fats .The food prepared at home for everyone is full of carbs whether its lentils, veg/meat curry, rice etc so i guess i need separate diet plan for myself
yes u will need to take control of ur diet. Start making food for urself separately. U can look up ketosis diets online. There's a bunch of them with detailed recipes of the various dishes/salads u can eat. Knowing how many calories are in that desi food at home wouldn't be of any use bcuz that's not at all a ketosis diet. It is time consuming and difficult to adjust to this at first but then u will get used to it. Try it for a month and see if that's something that can work for u.

How dare you call my friend ''old''???:pissed::pissed::pissed:
A good women makes sure he doesnt get a heart attack,she'll be gentle but i guess you are to young to know.

@jbgt90

I'm taking a print-out of this, for necessary briefing. You may have to help to provide a translation.

Same condition here.

I assume Indian roti is smaller . Our one roti is equal to your 2 rotiz . People told me to give up rotiz entirely if goal is weight loss. sadly i have no time for gym or exercise because of long working hours but i prefer walking to my work place early in the morning which take one hour. yes i really need to control my food habits as all foods which seem good in taste is actually unhealthy lol

1 hour of walking isnt really that much of an exercise. I would advise you instead of walking to your work for an hour, do 45 min exercise and may be 15 min to work using your car. Would that work? You can work out at your home. Just buy a set of weights dumbbells 1kg to 10kgs. You can buy the whole set online. You can do chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps as a cycle. Start from 1kg and work your way upto 10kgs over a period of 3-4 months.

If you had asked this question a year and half ago then I would not be able to answer this, but today i can proudly say that may be i can be of little help --- i will talking from personal experience as i did not seek any advise from nutritionist here in Pakistan, because i know well that they handout all that one menu they have plus supplement tablets for Fibre ----- i found the best routine that worked best for me by research ---

December 2015 i was at 125 kg with 6' 1" height -- i started my journey in Jan 2016, starting with bowl full of Oats with little sugar & milk ---- ate bean salad in lunch (daily -- red kidney beans, onion, tomato, chilly, cinamon powder), i would alter the dish by making mash kidney beans with same veggies ---- in dinner eat one roti, green salad with Soup ( i would use fresh made soup or just get that sachet of Knorr) --- additional to this, drank 4 litres of water daily, for snacks i would eat Corn / pop corn, No burgers, no pizza, no paratha, no oily salan, no donuts, no sugary items (i ate 1 paratha after 3 months :cray: ) ---- I walked not (3 - 4km daily)much but whatever i walked i made sure it would raise my heart beat, jog in intervals)

I continued this routine till July 2016 when i started eating Oats cooked in water with no sugar but a spoon of honey, same bean salad & 1 roti with salan & salad & some dessert) at this point I was down to 112kg

here i joined the gym, started taking 60g of proteins from whey protein, again no sugar & fats & carbs - only on recovery day i would eat a burger --- no pizzas at this stage ---- made sure that i raise my heart rate & push my body to shock & not get use to the routine --- do Squats & dead lifts

now am down to 95kg, running 2.5 miles daily, i eat burger pizza, dessert and still don't put on the weight ---- i will be cutting down further to 85kg when i start HIIT next month ----

the key to successful weight loss is your dedication & commitment --- just don't give up -----

1 hour of walking isnt really that much of an exercise. I would advise you instead of walking to your work for an hour, do 45 min exercise and may be 15 min to work using your car. Would that work? You can work out at your home. Just buy a set of weights dumbbells 1kg to 10kgs. You can buy the whole set online. You can do chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps as a cycle. Start from 1kg and work your way upto 10kgs over a period of 3-4 months.
Weight lifting generally doesn't help with weight loss. The goal is to burn as much calories(from fat) as u possibly can...to achieve this...jogging, swimming, biking, etc. is preferable.

Problem is layman like me has no clue about how much carb/calories/sugar is there in roti/salun/curry/fruit/veg we eat daily and how much actually we need to attain the goal of weight loss without starving ourselves and then there is confusion of good fat(omega fatty acid) and bad fats .
Easy...

First, get a scale. Either an electronics version, or pay good money for an all mechanical version.

Now, you have to understand that your weight can fluctuates as much as several pounds, or a couple of kilos, throughout the day. This is from eating and drinking. What kind of work you do is a different issue.

Next, weigh yourself several times a day. Some people will advise down to the exact hour. I see no need for that. Just weigh yourself before and after a meal, for example. Do this for at least one week to get an idea of your average weight.

Next, reduce your caloric intake. I recommend the ketogenic diet. The protein and fat to carb ratio is signature of this diet. Essentially, reduce our carb intake. Reduce rice and bread, for a couple examples. What you are doing is essentially force your body to use stored fat as energy source.

There are two main sources of energy: fat and carbohydrates.

Since your body has these choices, the first it will pick is carb. Simpler to process. And store the fat -- as body fat.

In reducing -- not eliminating -- your carb intake, you gradually force your body to resort to stored fat as an energy source. Using stored fat is more time consuming so while your body is using stored fat, it will send out that hunger signal. If you eat a meal of protein such as chicken or beef, and a large side of veggies, there is no need to feed your body any more carbs when your feel hungry. This is where will power comes in. Just because you are hungry, that does not mean you are going to die.

While you are on this diet, keep weighing yourself. If, as you weigh yourself several times a day, your +/- two kilos range is lower, then congratulations, you just lost weight.

For example, my daily range used to be 160-165. For the past several months, it has steadied out to 160-163 range. I have effectively lost 5 pounds, or two kilos. And this is where I still have my daily one beer and after dinner bourbon. The beer and bourbon are all carbs. And I still lost weight.

As long as you are losing weight, that is all that matters.

My personal diet is not strict ketogenic, but it has reduced carb sources such as rice, bread, and sugar. I feel slightly hungry throughout the day.

No need to count calories. Just keep track of your weight.

Back
Top Bottom