What's new

How to educate Americans about the coup in Pakistan?

All the American people care about is for Afghanistan never to be again used as a lunching pad for attacks on USA, by whatever means necessary. If ExPMIK can give such an assurance, it would go a long way in improving his credibility.

I think most reasonable Americans would not expect any country to give assurances about another country.

Fair enough I think. But that doesn't or wouldn't help IK in restoring his lost game. IK was kicked out in a due democratic process according to the Pakistan's constitution. How American people can do anything to reverse it even if they agree with you on what you're claiming?

But it would help him in the next elections, perhaps.

I think most reasonable Americans would not expect any country to give assurances about another country.

The assurances would be of course what Pakistan can do in this regard, not what any other country can or should do.

Irrelevant , the political struggle will be in Pakistan Alone
None state players (none Pakistani Origin) have no say

The main struggle is to cut such dependency on foreign Masters

Last edited:
The assurances would be of course what Pakistan can do in this regard, not what any other country can or should do.

Even that is too much. Is the US asking Iran or Tajikistan to give such assurances?

The US created the Taliban to fight the Soviets and previous military rulers of Pakistan were dumb enough to volunteer as a gun-for-hire. We have learned our lesson the hard way and want no part of such so-called alliances.

Whatever the US and Afghanistan want to do is between them. We have built a fence which we should upgrade to a wall.

Irrelevant , the political struggle will be in Pakistan Alone
None state players (none Pakistani Origin) have no say

The main struggle is to cut such dependency on foreign Masters

Pakistan does not exist on a remote planet. If you think the US cannot inflict infinitely more pain, you are mistaken.

We need a Pakistani not enslaved by Foreign Masters

Where our Commander is , grabing his vanity bag and tip toeing overseas to listen to their demands and give a power point presentation to their Parliament

If any military Commander needs a tap on head from foreign master , please , apply for a foreign nationality , move there and leave Pakistan

Lets stop this drama what US did in Pakistan will be forgotten

We don't need any "Campaign" or good will tour as their Leaders are not in charge of Pakistan

Haven't read the thread but I'm banned from a forum called rivals.com it was an american forum.

They hate pakistans role in the Afghanistan war. They say it was pakistans material support to the taliban that undermined their ultimate goals in Afghanistan. And they have chosen india as a hedge against china so they favor the Indians over the Pakistanis now. They also mentioned that there is no need to be an ally of Pakistan anymore as they don't need Pakistan anymore.

I got banned from that forum because I called out the Hindus and said I would nuke them to extinction if I was In power of Pakistan

Add subtitles to IK speeches. Im suprised they aren't any already. Even then, You will never reach the majority, but if enough liberal minds get on board, you have a voice in US along with Pak disopara

We need a Pakistani not enslaved by Foreign Masters

There are plenty of Pakistani willing to sell out for a buck. That was true in the past and it will not change in the future. What we can do is to make it domestically uncomfortable for a US administration to subvert democracy in Pakistan by colluding with these sellouts.

No need to educate the US about coup in Pakistan, they were the hands in gloves, the US government was complicit voted by the US citizens.

Didn't they knew about the killings by the Israel, only a day earlier a female Aljazeera journalist was killed by a shot in the head, US people knew about it, but won't protest.

Ideally Pakistan should be closer to it's neighbors, in China, Russia bloc, and close to Iran, Afghanistan, turkey, and with EU and far east countries.

Pakistan need to have just transactional relationship with US. More like B2B, no closer government relationship.

It's dangerous to be an enemy of US, absolutely fatal to befriend her.

There are plenty of Pakistani willing to sell out for a buck. That was true in the past and it will not change in the future. What we can do is to make it domestically uncomfortable for a US administration to subvert democracy in Pakistan by colluding with these sellouts.

To solve this problem, I think our member @Hakikat ve Hikmet can shed some light on this.

After the failed coup in 2016, AFAIK Turkey banned US/EU internships for government and military officials, so that way they don't get indoctrinated or poisoned by anti-state ideology

Even that is too much. Is the US asking Iran or Tajikistan to give such assurances?
USA deals with each country according to the particular needs of the bilateral relationship, and hence every country has a unique situation.

If Pakistan does not want to help USA with Afghanistan, of course it is free to do so. But then doing so will also make it less useful to USA. Maybe China will help Pakistan out? Again, that is only for Pakistan to decide what to do here.

Dr. Moeed Pirzada offers the idea of talking directly to the American people too. I just don't think it will work because most Americans don't care, and those that do care have a negative view of the country.

What Pakistan needs is an English-language television network to spread its narrative.

All the American people care about is for Afghanistan never to be again used as a lunching pad for attacks on USA, by whatever means necessary. If ExPMIK can give such an assurance, it would go a long way in improving his credibility.

That's what the American people are concerned about but the interests of the US establishment is different.

US establishment itself uses and supports terrorism when it suits their interests be it the Nazis in Ukraine or the ISIS.

Remember the American stingers 😂

They hate pakistans role in the Afghanistan war. They say it was pakistans material support to the taliban that undermined their ultimate goals in Afghanistan. And they have chosen india as a hedge against china so they favor the Indians over the Pakistanis now. They also mentioned that there is no need to be an ally of Pakistan anymore as they don't need Pakistan anymore.

They are right in a way but we have to explain to them the context.

If the US goal in Afghanistan was to eliminate Al Qaeda and prevent future terror attacks, it would receive full cooperation from Pakistan. When it deviated from that goal and decided to install India as a regional sheriff in Afghanistan, then this went against Pakistan's national interests.

Did the US administration take the American public on board with this secondary goal of installing India as a sheriff?

I got banned from that forum because I called out the Hindus and said I would nuke them to extinction if I was In power of Pakistan

We have Hindus in Pakistan who are patriotic citizens. Our fight is not with Hindus, only with extremist Indians. We need to be careful not to promote the image of fanatical Muslims hell bent on religious wars against non-Muslims everywhere.

If Pakistan does not want to help USA with Afghanistan, of course it is free to do so. But then doing so will also make it less useful to USA. Maybe China will help Pakistan out? Again, that is only for Pakistan to decide what to do here.

You are right that Pakistan has set up certain expectations. Gulf Arabs have certain expectations from us based on past behavior, so does the US and other countries. This is the historical baggage we have to shed.

People expect Imran Khan to fix all the ills of 70+ years in one go all by himself. It is unfair. He will make mistakes but, as long as he tries to go in the right direction, I support him.

But it would help him in the next elections, perhaps.
Naha, Bro. The way IK turned a non-issue by using that diplomatic cable into a national issue of American conspiracy for toppling his government in Pakistan, no one should really expect any support from American people of administration. Of course IK did that to hide his colossal failures on domestic and foreign fronts.

TBH, I damn care who is running Pakistan. Whoever can improve the life of poor in Pakistan is my hero. IK has made the common person's life like in hell. He deserves no sympathy from me. It's fine you vigorously defend your national interests but you need brain and guts to get prepared before challenge a superpower. Abusing and challenging a person with his finger in the trigger is not bravery. It's extreme stupidity. You need to stand up economically first before you challenge America. If you're begging WB and IMF every six months, how challenging their boss uncle Sam makes any sense? The result is in front of us all. IK has pushed to many more millions of Pakistanis below the poverty line just due to his incompetent leadership.

Back
Top Bottom