What's new

How to Collect More Tax and Reduce Price of Petrol too

Allow import of Petrol from Iran and collect tax too. Iranian imported Petrol in Pakistan costs not more than 40 PKR. If govt decides to collect Rs 5 per lit tax on Iranian Petrol even then avg estimated price to consumer will be Rs 45 per lit.

It is simple math & common sense. Someone please tell the government take some decision to reduce the prices and improve the tax collection at the same time.

I don't know why people at helm of affairs can't understand these simple things or they don't have time to think about anything out of the box.

Please educate me what are the reasons of not importing oil from Iran on such a low price. Petrol & Diesel prices are very low in Iran and Pakistani towns near Iran border. We should use our geopolitical location for our economic gains.
USA and allies would impose severe sanctions on us further whole Gulf countries including KSA would not allow us to do that otherwise we have to face severe consequences.

how come pti make him behind bars its courts jobs and judge jobs. First you said he will not return from UK then you took U turn and still taking.
feel some shame if you can I know its hard after eating free naan qeema and khota briyani.

Did he return from UK when there was an active case going on? NO, he returned when everybody forgot about it and he got relief. Like in any bollywood movie - that's how corrupt politicians fool the awam.

Astaghfirullah, i am amazed at how openly PTI and its supporters lie and try to fool us like its a bollywood movie. Tobah tobah

Did he return from UK when there was an active case going on? NO, he returned when everybody forgot about it and he got relief. Like in any bollywood movie - that's how corrupt politicians fool the awam.

Astaghfirullah, i am amazed at how openly PTI and its supporters lie and try to fool us like its a bollywood movie. Tobah tobah
drama karna band karo

Here is what can be done:

China will set up a company in Pakistan ..China company buys Iranian oil....the oil is now China oil...Pakistan buys China oil...no sanctions applied ..no Arab anger..

or

China parks a super tanker by Gawadir Port and fills using Iranian oil..Pakistan Buys China oil and pumps oil from super tanker..same story...put SCO to work man....:undecided::undecided::undecided::undecided:
Why would Pakistan go throw all this hassle when it can buy cheap oil in open market. Chinese will cut their share. US will come up with new type of sanctions.

Iran can trade with Pakistan directly, sell oil for food at domestic prices. Do trade like single country.

How about read the whole thing.

“However, the structure of the sanctions is not on the verge of collapse by any means especially because Iran is not able to repatriate much of that revenue.”

We don’t know what deal China was able to struck with Iran. Previously they ask for 50% discount.

Pakistan is not China. China loans money to the US. On the other hand Pakistan is running off IMF bailouts. Get your head out of your rare.

1. iran is evading capital controls by using third parties and barter with china . US sanctions are merely the cut off of iranian banks from SWIFT systems , there is no one physically stopping iran from exporting oil /gas

2in case of pakistan, we either keep buying expensive lng from qatar ( and cry inflation) / OR we go for cheap iranian gas -

3. sanction can hit pakistan - but inflation is hitting more

its you who needs to get your head out of the behind - dollar slave

1. iran is evading capital controls by using third parties and barter with china . US sanctions are merely the cut off of iranian banks from SWIFT systems , there is no one physically stopping iran from exporting oil /gas

2in case of pakistan, we either keep buying expensive lng from qatar ( and cry inflation) / OR we go for cheap iranian gas -

3. sanction can hit pakistan - but inflation is hitting more

its you who needs to get your head out of the behind - dollar slave
Did Iranians told you in person their price. China export everything in the world, what export do you have to offset $15 billion worth of oil and gas. Stop comparing yourself to China.

Inflation is their because you consume more than you produce. Everything is imported. Work hard, Produce everything at home, you won’t need to devalue your currency or buy dollars to buy imports and cry inflation.

put tax on agriculture sector? any car above 1300CC put extra tax on it, any mobile above 50k put tax on it, any resturant if your bill exceeds 15k put tax on it, there are so many examples of slabbing tax structure while giving the lower socioeconmic people relieve, jiss ku na patrol ki parwa, na gas ki, na electricity ki uss sai aap kaisay expect kar saktay hain to understand the pains of common people

slash 90% salary of all MNA/MPA/Senators, take away all luxary cars and move them to 1300cc at max, put fuel limit of 100liter each, put their electricity bill limit to 10k, gas limit to 1k than lets see kia hota hai, why can't we reduce expenses on that? instead we are spending millions just to decorate our govt buildings for 14th august, 23rd match, 12 rabiul awal and what not, before someone starts our hazoor PBUH taught us simplicity and we can "celebrate" 12 rabiul awal by reading Quran and sending darood over to them rather than having the whole bloody city light up in green

Did Iranians told you in person their price. China export everything in the world, what export do you have to offset $15 billion worth of oil and gas. Stop comparing yourself to China.

Inflation is their because you consume more than you produce. Everything is imported. Work hard, Produce everything at home, you won’t need to devalue your currency or buy dollars to buy imports and cry inflation.

did iranians tell me their price? why would they do that ?

but i have this habit, its called reading, following news ,

oilprice.com

reuters

"Chinese buyers are attracted to low prices for the crude which is being offered at discounts of $4-$6 a barrel to ICE Brent on a delivered basis, traders said, adding that sellers were sometimes packaging the sale with import quotas. "

i repeat what i say above, govt of pakistan is in cohoots with qatar - they are being paid kickbacks to buy expensive LNG

they will destry pakistan with 3x LNG expensive but wont buy cheap iranian gas

stop blaming everything on global commodities

Won't happen. World is headed for choppy waters. We have Harvard educated economist Maryam Nawaz telling us all is well and only Pakistan is affected due to corrupt IK government.

"The coming years will be marked by extreme socio-economic turbulence. The world is reportedly facing an “everything shortage” where essential goods are getting harder, farther, and more time-consuming to find. These shortages affect the entire gamut of the social pyramid structure. The typical production to delivery cycle is repeatedly hammered by a macabre musical chair of woes in tune with Murphy’s Law: “Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.”

The long-festering supply-demand disequilibrium entered a point of no return when the coronavirus pandemic was declared in March 2020. A mass of freight ships bobbing aimlessly off the coast of China is now joined by a similar armada along US coasts. A container that cost $2,500 before the pandemic now commands a hefty $25,000 for the same load. Imagine the snowballing costs to the consumer?

Food inflation is already at a 10-year high in the United States, with prices in September notching a 32.8% increase on a year-on-year basis."

did iranians tell me their price? why would they do that ?

but i have this habit, its called reading, following news ,

oilprice.com

reuters

"Chinese buyers are attracted to low prices for the crude which is being offered at discounts of $4-$6 a barrel to ICE Brent on a delivered basis, traders said, adding that sellers were sometimes packaging the sale with import quotas. "

i repeat what i say above, govt of pakistan is in cohoots with qatar - they are being paid kickbacks to buy expensive LNG

they will destry pakistan with 3x LNG expensive but wont buy cheap iranian gas

stop blaming everything on global commodities

Again oil price is $85/bbl. $5 dollar discount because, Right now Iranians are hurting due to sanctions. Is it worth it for Pakistan. Absolutely not. As soon as sanctions are lifted, Iranian will end the discount. So for few million dollars, we will most probably endup losing billions in Trade and Technology.

I don’t know how credible is your Qatar deal corruption allegations but Iran-Pakistan pipeline was signed under Zardari, rest we know how corrupt the deal was.

Iran gas was expensive than Qatar, and Iranian refused to reduce gas prices cuz zardari signed the contract. Plus they wanted it linked with oil prices . This came directly from person who was in the negotiating team. Interview was on TV.

Unless someone in Iran telling you to come get gas for half off. I suggested you to stop beating like a broken tape recorder.

put tax on agriculture sector? any car above 1300CC put extra tax on it, any mobile above 50k put tax on it, any resturant if your bill exceeds 15k put tax on it, there are so many examples of slabbing tax structure while giving the lower socioeconmic people relieve, jiss ku na patrol ki parwa, na gas ki, na electricity ki uss sai aap kaisay expect kar saktay hain to understand the pains of common people

slash 90% salary of all MNA/MPA/Senators, take away all luxary cars and move them to 1300cc at max, put fuel limit of 100liter each, put their electricity bill limit to 10k, gas limit to 1k than lets see kia hota hai, why can't we reduce expenses on that? instead we are spending millions just to decorate our govt buildings for 14th august, 23rd match, 12 rabiul awal and what not, before someone starts our hazoor PBUH taught us simplicity and we can "celebrate" 12 rabiul awal by reading Quran and sending darood over to them rather than having the whole bloody city light up in green

Since Pakistan seems to failure being in 21 century. Why not we start over and just go back to mud huts era. Everybody Grow their own Corps. Simple life. Why import stuff when we can’t afford them.

Those that are genius and willing to work hard will most likely prosper. Lazy and dumb will die off. Natural selection.

Again oil price is $85/bbl. $5 dollar discount because, Right now Iranians are hurting due to sanctions. Is it worth it for Pakistan. Absolutely not. As soon as sanctions are lifted, Iranian will end the discount. So for few million dollars, we will most probably endup losing billions in Trade and Technology.

I don’t know how credible is your Qatar deal corruption allegations but Iran-Pakistan pipeline was signed under Zardari, rest we know how corrupt the deal was.

Iran gas was expensive than Qatar, and Iranian refused to reduce gas prices cuz zardari signed the contract. Plus they wanted it linked with oil prices . This came directly from person who was in the negotiating team. Interview was on TV.

Unless someone in Iran telling you to come get gas for half off. I suggested you to stop beating like a broken tape recorder.

we are talking about gas here, not crude oil - the two are entirely different commodities , unless one doesnt know like you

you allege that iran- pakistan deal was full of corruption? what evidence you have regarding fairness for qatar LNG deal besides a shady , i know a friend of a friend who was in a board room ,

PTi ranted all day and night about expensive qatari LNG, then went to sign more agreements with qatar ! if this is not corruption, i dont know else is

simple fact is this - LNG is compressed natural gas - it needs sea shipment( also expensive) , it needs road transportation, it needs port terminals

all in all , an expensive deal

iranian natural gas would have been connected to already existing sui gas infrastructure

---------

PS - i worked in British petroleum pakistan - sindh gas fields -
Those that are genius and willing to work hard will most likely prosper. Lazy and dumb will die off. Natural selection.

PTi needs eugenics experts like you

i can make references if need be !

any resturant if your bill exceeds 15k put tax on it
rest can be done but not this one. too much fraud in hiding sales details, and when IK tried to implement a real time tracking system, all of them went on strike. IK, as usual, folded. nearly all restaurants are running on purchee system, and a whole lot of them do not even accept payments through cards. I have been to restaurants in ISB and in KHI. they will gladly receive 50k in cash rather than set up a card payment system.
it is clear that you are severely affected by right wing republican propaganda in US. all of what is happening is the govt's doing, and not by the people. when govts introduce incentives for exports, exports do pick up, electronics companies like samsung set up plants. but when govts are hell bent on doing nothing, then nothing comes out of it. also, since you are a hardworking person, why dont you back to Pakistan and help the country?

If Pakistan is just going to end up buying LNG from Qatar forever, why didn't Pakistan simply build a cng pipeline to Qatar and get it over with?

LNG is for rich countries and fools.

You could even do Qater-Pakistan-India pipeline for transit fees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom