What's new

How tall are you lot? Heights around the world revealed, in landmark study.

All the Indian on PDF will be 6 or 6 plus seems that PDF admin only approve accounts of tall Indians but as per observation I find many Indian males shorter than me (i am only 5' 10.5")

Lol, you make me laugh hahahah.
Anyway, lots of Desi people lie about their height. You might have heard the 30% rule, you have to minus that from the height they state. But some are so unbelievable you will still get a crazy result.

Nutrition is certainly one of the main reasons for growth but you can not really generalise based on birthdates.
My grandfather was 190 cm tall, my father is only 173 cm and I am 181 cm tall. Despite of the fact that I grew
up in a western European country I was not able to reach the height of my grandfather who was born at a time when India was much less developed than today.
I never said an absolute change has happened, my maternal grand father was 6'4 feet, back then in 70-80s they had ample amount of ghee and milk in their diet so they are supposed to be longer.

There is a very good show by Rocky and Mayur on NDTV life style about Height of India, do watch it.

It is a question that people will not answer correctly. Everyone will be above 6 feet here :-)

Yeah that's correct. Also people in rural areas of Pakistan are way taller then the urban ones. People in villages make sure their children get pure healthy milk, meat and vegetables whereas in cities everything is expensive and polluted.

In general the tallest Pakistanis I have met are from rural Punjab, Rawalpindi, Azad Kashmir, Potwar in general and the tribal regions. If you look at folks in the UK, the majority who come from these areas, their third and fourth generations have plenty of 6ft and over guys among them.

I never said an absolute change has happened, my maternal grand father was 6'4 feet, back then in 70-80s they had ample amount of ghee and milk in their diet so they are supposed to be longer.

There is a very good show by Rocky and Mayur on NDTV life style about Height of India, do watch it.

India is not a homogeneous country. Most tribes are very short. While people in cities and those who are educated are generally taller. I personally found people of visakhapatnam to be very tall. I didn't expect that from a southern Indian town. But I guess, tallness has generally to do with good food. More educated and more money your family earns, taller the children. This is a very general trend across all of India

I don't know about others but i am quite tall as per standards 5' 10.5" can't wear heels :( even some of male cousins are shorter than me. On girls gang they always look up to talk to me.

Forget Indians, you will find majority of men across all countries shorter than you...may be except Dutch or German. You are too tall for a girl.

Forget Indians, you will find majority of men across all countries shorter than you...may be except Dutch or German. You are too tall for a girl.
Yes i know even mentioned some of my male cousins shorter than me.

Back
Top Bottom