What's new

How tall are you lot? Heights around the world revealed, in landmark study.

I m 186cm (6'2 feet), and I m still not the tallest in my relatives..:lol: Apparently I m like 3rd tallest in relatives, one of my maternal uncle is 6'6 feet & in police. :police:

Plus In recent trends Indian states govt of UP, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan has definitely worked on improving nutritional level of children.

I m 186cm (6'2 feet), and I m still not the tallest in my relatives..:lol: Apparently I m like 3rd tallest in relatives, one of my maternal uncle is 6'6 feet & in police. :police:

Plus In recent trends Indian states govt of UP, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan has definitely worked on improving nutritional level of children.
All the Indian on PDF will be 6 or 6 plus seems that PDF admin only approve accounts of tall Indians but as per observation I find many Indian males shorter than me (i am only 5' 10.5")

Or AJK and Northern regions. People are tall there.

Yeah that's correct. Also people in rural areas of Pakistan are way taller then the urban ones. People in villages make sure their children get pure healthy milk, meat and vegetables whereas in cities everything is expensive and polluted.

I am 181 cm. For men it is certainly better to be tall but not for women.

All the Indian on PDF will be 6 or 6 plus seems that PDF admin only approve accounts of tall Indians but as per observation I find many Indian males shorter than me (i am only 5' 10.5")
Well, India is a ridiculously vast country with probably more ethnicities than the rest of the world put together. So the variation in everything from height to color to features is pretty dramatic from one end to the other.

Some are pretty tall, some are pretty short. Most Indians on this forum are from North, North West or South which is a taller region, compared to the ones in East or Central India who are shorter and also less present on this forum.

There was an Indian member here who is 6'9".I remember he posted a pic next to VVS Laxman of Cricket.And Laxman who was 6'9" was over 8 inches shorter. :~

Most Indians on this forum belongs to middle or upper-middle class family they are well fed and most of the kids are born in 90s, thats when the family took care of their kids and started looking after their nutrition level. See the kids from 80s will be shorter. My cousin born in 85 is only 5'9 feet, but we have lived in the same house and eat almost the same food.

Most Indians on this forum belongs to middle or upper-middle class family they are well fed and most of the kids are born in 90s, thats when the family took care of their kids and started looking after their nutrition level. See the kids from 80s will be shorter. My cousin born in 85 is only 5'9 feet, but we have lived in the same house and eat almost the same food.
Probably but in my neighborhood i see many young Indians in their 20s and i can bet they eat lot better than Children living in India but main factor is genetics which they carry from their parents.

Yeah that's correct. Also people in rural areas of Pakistan are way taller then the urban ones. People in villages make sure their children get pure healthy milk, meat and vegetables whereas in cities everything is expensive and polluted.

True that.

Pakistan has produced some of the tallest men in the world
  1. Ajaz Ahmad (238.8 cm or 7' 10")
  2. Naseer Soomro (236.0 cm or 7' 9")
  3. Aalam Channa (233.7 cm or 7' 8")
  4. Muhammad Irfan (the tallest person in history of international cricket)

Nutrition is certainly one of the main reasons for growth but you can not really generalise based on birthdates.
My grandfather was 190 cm tall, my father is only 173 cm and I am 181 cm tall. Despite of the fact that I grew
up in a western European country I was not able to reach the height of my grandfather who was born at a time when India was much less developed than today.

Probably but in my neighborhood i see many young Indians in their 20s and i can bet they eat lot better than Children living in India but main factor is genetics which they carry from their parents.
Not sure, burger & Pizza should not be considered as better food compared to Roti, Dal, Rice & green vegetables. You might find Non-resident Indian-Pakistani shorter than resident one due to intake of more junk foods.

Most of my Indian friends here in US are on average shorter than Pakistanis despite having a good lifestyle and healthy food.

Back
Top Bottom