What's new

How tall are you lot? Heights around the world revealed, in landmark study.

So how would you sort this list:

Africans
Western Europeans
Eastern Europeans
Russians
Chinese
Pakistani/Indians
Central Americans
South East Asians

Indians would range from Pakistanis to South East Asians depending on the region. Although I must say that the average height is increasing with each generation. My generation is on average 2-3 inches taller than their parents. I am talking about middle class families here, not the extreme poor who don't have access to good food and proper healthcare.

Western Europeans

North Europeans (Nordics and Proto-Nordics like Estonia) are taller then Southerners, so the ranking's still imperfect. Greece, Spain, Italy, all have lower average heights then Sweden, Norway and the like.

West is on average still taller then the East, with the North being taller then the South.

North Europeans (Nordics and Proto-Nordics like Estonia) are taller then Southerners, so the ranking's still imperfect. Greece, Spain, Italy, all have lower average heights then Sweden, Norway and the like.

West is on average still taller then the East, with the North being taller then the South.

Unfortunately I can't comment on Northern Europeans (Scandanavians) because there aren't many around over here to make a judgement.

I found it surprising too. The original piece is from the NY Times but I cannot post url links here.

It basically says that average height in many populations around the world has peaked, and the heights are now coming down.

They didn't tell the reason?

There was a report on NatGeo that in ancient times, exactly in the age of dinosaurs, atmosphere of the Earth contained 30% Oxygen, that made all living beings gigantic. Then it started reducing. Today it is around 20%.

So early humen also had greater amount of Oxygen to inhale that made them bigger in size.

124c57o.jpg

It concludes that besides good nutrition and genetics, you also need ample amount of Oxygen. The more it reduces on planet Earth, the more all the creatures including humen will reduce in size.

They didn't tell the reason?

There was a report on NatGeo that in ancient times, exactly in the age of dinosaurs, atmosphere of the Earth contained 30% Oxygen, that made all living beings gigentic. Then it started reducing. Today it is around 20%.

So early humen also had greater amount of Oxygen to inhale that made them bigger in size.

124c57o.jpg

It concludes that besides good nutrition and genetics, you also need ample amount of Oxygen. The more it reduces on planet Earth, the more all the creatures including humen will reduce in size.

Brother O2 has been reducing for some time now. But till recently, average heights were going up.

Now they have peaked. And in cases are beginning to trend down.

Brother O2 has been reducing for some time now. But till recently, average heights were going up.

Now they have peaked. And in cases are beginning to trend down.

Because humen have discovered comfortable life style and nutritional facts and certain food supplements and medicines. There is upward trend in height and physique. This trend is not visible in other species.

Humen will maintain this level fluctuating with the availability of O2. With the current deforestation definitely there'll be downword trend.

Because humen have discovered comfortable life style and nutritional facts and certain food supplements and medicines. There is upward trend in height and physique. This trend is not visible in other species.

Humen will maintain this level fluctuating with the availability of O2. With the current deforestation definitely there'll be downword trend.

Its an interesting theory brother.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom