Not open for further replies.
SECULAR INDIA

Both linked to each other as never before now in their ferocious fight
against the demonic Muslim world. No matter then that Muslims were and have
always been part of both countries, that they have participated in the
economy, in the democratic polity, in public life. That in both countries
they have contributed to the culture, the architecture, the cuisine. Or so
many other things besides.

INDIAN DEMOCRACY: WHICH WAY HEADED? by Bina Srinivasan (13 august 2004)

Communal Harmony

Muslims perform last rites of Kashmiri Pandit poet (May 16, 2007, Rediff)
Keeping the centuries-old tradition of 'Kashmiriyat' alive, hundreds of Muslims came forward to perform the last rites of a 130-year-old Kashmiri Pandit poet. Samsar Chand breathed his last on Tuesday at Achan village in south Kashmir's Pulwama district.

Chand was the lone Kashmiri Pandit residing in the village as his entire family and other fellow community members had migrated to various parts of the country following the outbreak of violence in the Valley in 1989.

After hearing the news of his death, hundreds of Muslims gathered at his residence to perform his last rites.

Muslims perform last rites of Kashmiri Pandit poet

SECULAR INDIA
No Orders To Save You

Bilal Zuberi

“Please don’t say this was a riot. It was genocide, pure and simple.” --Mukul Sinha, a Hindu lawyer in Gujarat, India.

The tragedy that erupted in the Indian state of Gujarat in February 2002 left over 2000 men, women and children dead in just over a week, mostly Muslims -- brutally killed, axed and burned in front of their loved ones. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims fled their houses and even today, more than 100,000 Muslims reside in the refugee camps of Ahmedabad. For the survivors of the massacre, there is a thin dividing line between memories and nightmares. They have visions of their loved ones being dragged out of their homes, raped, tortured, axed and put to fire. Stories, images and tales of sorrow from the witnesses and survivors remind this generation what the world may have witnessed during the Holocaust in Europe -- and all this in the largest democracy in the world.

The Tech - No Orders To Save You

That is what makes India and the US join together like long lost friends
today. It is a joint agenda, and it is no coincidence that post 9/11 the
erstwhile Home Minister LK Advani bent over backwards to allow the US to use
Indian cities as bases to bomb Afghanistan. For the then Indian (rightwing)
ruling class it was the big opportunity to tell Pakistan and all its Muslim
neighbours exactly what they thought of them, with the blessings of the
United States, which by then had made it clear what it thought of Muslims
the world over.
INDIAN DEMOCRACY: WHICH WAY HEADED? by Bina Srinivasan (13 august 2004)

Religion in the 21st century has become a divisive force. It is the fault line along which neighbors are polarized and too often forced apart. Although Iraq is the current reference point for religious wars, India, with the world's third-largest Muslim population, can in many ways serve as another example. Yet, here the clash comes not from Muslim against Muslim, but from the Hindu Right, whose political party, the BJP, bases its appeal on religious nationalism wedded to ideas of ethnic homogeneity and purity. In fact, Gandhi, the father of modern-day India, was himself assassinated by a Hindu nationalist who accused him of pandering to Muslims.

The Clash Within: Democracy, Religious Violence, and India's Future

In The Clash Within, Professor Nussbaum writes about the impact of religious nationalism on democratic values, democracy's future in India, and its near collapse. The Gujarat riots of 2002 are the focal point for her analysis. These riots, in which nearly 2,000 Muslims were killed, were organized by Hindu extremist members of the BJP whose intent was—and is—to create a "pure" India, unsullied by other faiths.

NO more?

Please continue.

You do tire out too fast.

HINDI SAMAJHTE HOO NA ? THORI SI BHI SHARAM BAAQI HAI TO NEXT TIME IS FORUM PAR SECULAR INDIA KI BAAT NA KARNA

Perpetrators of past human rights violations continued to enjoy impunity.

Human rights violations were reported in several states where security legislation was used to facilitate arbitrary detention and torture.

The Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA), long criticized for widespread abuses in the north-east, was not repealed. Justice and rehabilitation continued to evade most victims of the 2002 Gujarat communal violence.

New laws to prevent violence against women and guarantee rural employment and right to information had not been fully implemented by the end of the year.Socially and economically marginalized groups such as adivasis, dalits, marginal/landless farmers and the urban poor continued to face systemic discrimination and loss of resource base and livelihood because of development projects.

India continued to play no direct role in the US-led “war on terror”. However, demands for new anti-terror legislation in place of the repealed POTA grew after the bombings in Mumbai and Malegaon.

Politically motivated violence slightly decreased, but torture, deaths in custody, enforced disappearances and extrajudicial executions continued to be reported.

In Punjab, a majority of police officers responsible for serious human rights violations

Around 300 million people remained in poverty

Amnesty International report 2007

Sorry Brother, space is not allowing me to post all, just few critical analysis by Amnesty International

I guess you are fanatic too who does not like debate. Not sure what you have written in your local lingo but if it makes you happy then cheers.

I guess you are fanatic too who does not like debate. Not sure what you have written in your local lingo but if it makes you happy then cheers.

REALLY ?

then prove my all links and pictures wrong

i was avoiding this topic since the day it started, coz i knew Truth is Bitter, which Secular Indians can't digest, but somone force me to do it, and i have to do it.

REALLY ?

then prove my all links and pictures wrong

I am not doubting your links or your credentials except that India is not all that bad as you show it.

I think its democratic, secular and well on its way to be a leader in IT. Like all big countries it has its fallacies which will have to be overcome in the future.

Best Regards

Now, conclusions reached by official forensic investigators contradict earlier accounts of the incident.

They say the evidence suggests the fire was started inside a carriage, not by a mob outside.

Their findings will form part of police evidence and have not yet been made public.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Doubts over Gujarat train attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom