What's new

How secular, really, is India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amusing that people complain about discrimination and when someone does well, that too is not appreciated!

I also read in a post that being pro Moslem is being secular.I am afraid that is not the concept of secularism. It means that religion and the state are separate.

One cannot be pro A (religion) and anti B (religion) and claim to be secular.

0c7fd1c66dd5ed801096f766acc65e05.jpg

Hindu Fanatics
423125ad74f78367bb7c52cb4aa63f6b.jpg

Is the Hudood, which is an Islamic Law being applied to the all Pakistan compelling all to conform to Islamic Law or otherwise?

Compel is to force or constrain, as to do something.

It was not my desire to bring in these contentious issues since it bodes no goodwill.

However, when well known issues that are known worldwide is blatantly denied, misrepresented to project a false image, a gentle reminder becomes essential.

You might want to look at the date (26-4-2001) but yes these are issues in Pakistan. We have constant problems with the mullahs and hardliners who do not want to give any power to minorities and want to use the laws for their own vested interests! But i am very proud to say that these bastards have finally been restrained. General Musharrafs rule has changed things and his amendments have proved to be extremely helpful to women and minorities.

Well, I would say that I am not impressed with the hudood laws myself anyway... but the truth is that breaking them down will definately take time as the islamists will not really be happy. Musharraf himself views them as a difficulty that Zia-Ul-Haq has left Pakistan with!
This has changed and there are plans for an amendment that the hudood laws will not apply to minorities. We cannot change everything in a single day!

Man what I base my claims on is how people from minorities living in our country think of Pakistan and how patriotic they are. Yes a law is a law, it is difficult to make it apply to one group while not to another. Man I am sure you yourself talk about discrimination of muslims and such problems when you are with other muslims in India. Tell me, have you ever heard of people from minorities shifting from Pakistan to India? Well I know so many people who shifted, shift and are still shifting from India to Pakistan. They curse India today and are grateful that they have escaped from India. There are many muslims in India who do not feel loyal to India due to the discrimination and maltreatment that they face. Comeone how can you not admit this? All my family and freinds know it!

Minorities happy with Musharraf on Hudood laws

LAHORE: The National Commission for Justice and Peace has welcomed President Pervez Musharraf’s call to review blasphemy laws and the Hudood Ordinances, and to legislate on honour killing and the National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR).

Rev Fr Emmanuel Yousuf Mani, the commission’s national director, said on Monday that blasphemy laws and the Hudood Ordinances have been abused frequently to deal with personal grudges and vendetta. He said hundreds of innocent citizens had suffered due to these laws, and reviewing them would promote peace and harmony in Pakistan. Fr Mani said all segments of society should be represented in the NCHR. staff report

FIVE PHOTOS ?

Are you ok ? do you know the actual number of deaths during riots ?

grow up, these lame excuses will not wash the bloody hands of Indian Hindu Extremist

Agreed that there are Hindu fanatics but there are christian fanatic, muslim fanatics, born again fanatics in each and every country. That does not make a country bad. You hate India or Indians just to bad but also appreciate some of the good things in that country.

what will you achieve by hating your neighbour ?

I see both Indians and Pakistani peacefully co-existing in UK so why not back in Asia ?

Regards

Agreed that there are Hindu fanatics but there are christian fanatic, muslim fanatics, born again fanatics in each and every country. That does not make a country bad. You hate India or Indians just to bad but also appreciate some of the good things in that country.

what will you achieve by hating your neighbour ?

I see both Indians and Pakistani peacefully co-existing in UK so why not back in Asia ?

Regards

Muslims has few extreme elements, but give me one example where muslims burn hindus in Hell like this :angry:

SECULAR INDIA

URGENT ALERT: Unwillingness and Failure of Indian Government to Control Gujarat Violence and Stop Massacres

06 March 2002

The Islamic Human Rights Commission is deeply concerned by the failure of the Indian government to protect its minority Muslim communities from mass slaughter and the destruction of their property.

--------------------------------
Islamic Human Rights Commission
--------------------------------
IHRC - URGENT ALERT: Unwillingness and Failure of Indian Government to Control Gujarat Violence and Stop Massacres

Muslims has few extreme elements, but give me one example where muslims burn hindus in Hell like this :angry:

What is the War on Terror about?

It is against extremism!

And who are they?

They kill anyone (all religions) who are opposed to their extremist views.

If that is not extremism, then nothing is!

What is Musharraf doing? He is going hell for leather against these extremists.

Google and you will find stories of extremists of all religious hues.

I do not wish to post such links since it does not please be to enter this tit for tat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom