What's new

How secular, really, is India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Don't you post something from UN, BBC or any neutral source which says the India is not secular in THAT MANY WORDS.

Terrorists attempted to provoke religious conflict by attacking Hindu Temples in Ayodhya and Varanasi. The Government reacted in a swift manner to rein in Hindu extremists, prevent revenge attacks and reprisal, and assure the Muslim community of its safety. The Government also quelled religious violence in Vadodara, Gujarat, after protests over the demolition of a Muslim shrine threatened to spark Hindu-Muslim violence. The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) continued monitoring ongoing legal battles surrounding the 2002 Gujarat riots.
India

US Department of State

Terrorists attempted to provoke religious conflict by attacking Hindu Temples in Ayodhya and Varanasi. The Government reacted in a swift manner to rein in Hindu extremists, prevent revenge attacks and reprisal, and assure the Muslim community of its safety. The Government also quelled religious violence in Vadodara, Gujarat, after protests over the demolition of a Muslim shrine threatened to spark Hindu-Muslim violence. The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) continued monitoring ongoing legal battles surrounding the 2002 Gujarat riots.
India

US Department of State

So India is a secular country if the rule of law works.

So India is a secular country if the rule of law works.

writing Secular in constitution does'nt mean that you are secular. Indian Government knew they have huge amount of muslims living in india, and they can't win if they did'nt use their emotions.

London, Apr 24 (ANI): The Sikh Federation (UK) is urging all British Members of the Euro-pean Parliament (MEPs) to support a declaration tabled in the Parliament calling on the United Nations to mount an investigation to decide whether the slaughter of Indian Sikhs in 1984 should be regarded as genocide.

The declaration was tabled last week by four MEPs of the Green Party, two of them from the UK. It urged the European Union to study reports of the events of 1984, including those compiled by the American-based Human Rights Watch and the British-based Amnesty International, and called for a "Commission of Truth and Justice under the auspices of the UN to comprehensively investigate whether the slaughter to which Indian Sikhs were subjected in 1984 constitutes genocide as defined in the Genocide Convention and the relevant international law".

One of the UK MEPs behind the declaration, Caroline Lucas, said that although the Sikhs themselves described the slaughter as genocide, a full UN investigation had never taken place.

Her colleague Joan Lambert said: "Many of those affected and their families have sought refuge in England, and we must ensure truth and justice prevail."

The Sikh Federation was set up last year as a "political" party and is committed to work for the establishment of Khalistan. It is organising a series of promotions to mark the 20th anniversary of the events of 1984. MPs sympathetic to its cause have tabled motions in the British Parliament drawing attention to the issue, and the Federation claims that about 50

MPs have signed the motions, while several members of the Government, including ministers, have written expressing their support.

The Federation has written to every British MEP urging support for the "genocide" declaration, and is appealing to Sikhs across Europe to canvass the support of their MEPs (ANI)

European MPs call for UN investigation into 1984 Sikh massacre

Pakistan is not Secular, but still we respect minorities

ISLAMABAD : President Pervez Musharraf made an uncommon gesture to the Hindu community in Pakistan with a visit to a Shiva temple in the Clifton area of Karachi.

President Musharraf, who is in the southern Pakistan city for the International Defence Expo and Seminar, was received at the temple by one of its caretakers and a prominent member of Karachi's Hindu community, Suresh Kumar Manjani.

Pakistan TV reported the President saying that places of worship of all religions including Hinduism were an integral part of the culture of Pakistan and its geographical history. Maintaining such properties in good condition is a government priority in order to turn them into sites of bonding between religions.

Ramesh Kumar, a member of the Sindh Provincial Assembly from the ruling Pakistan Muslim League (Q) said the the President's visit would be welcomed by all Hindus in Pakistan, especially by those of the Karachi and Sindh province.

Karachi has about 1.5 lakh Hindus. The majority of Pakistan's Hindus live in Sindh province.

"It's a matter of great joy for us. President Musharraf has shown he's a broad-minded and positive-thinking person, and that he cares about minorities," Mr. Kumar told The Hindu from Karachi.

The MPA said Hindus were generally more comfortable with the present regime than with previous governments because of President Musharraf's commitment to "enlightened moderation".

But certain issues remained of concern to the community such as the upkeep and maintenance of its temples, and "forced conversions" of teenaged Hindu girls to Islam through runaway marriages.

"The President can help us more with an anti-conversion law," Mr. Kumar said.

The Hindu : International : Musharraf visits Shiva temple in Karachi

ISLAMABAD, Oct 30: The ruling Pakistan Muslim League (PML) on Monday celebrated the Hindu festival of Diwali in show of solidarity with the Hindu minority and announced to celebrate in few days the festivals relating to Baba Guru Nanak, Easter, Christmas and Holi.

The Hindu community participated in the function in large numbers and sung songs of Diwali and Holi, while their religious leaders performed various rituals.

At the function, speakers stressed interfaith harmony which was the teaching of Quaid-i-Azam who said all citizens of Pakistan were equal in status and rights.

They said the PML was a multi-faceted party encompassing membership from all faiths, which was necessary for a strong and vibrant Pakistan.

The speakers called for ending narrow mindedness and promotion of the spirit of tolerance and taking all segments along in the journey of progress.

Speaking on the occasion, PML Secretary-General Mushahid Hussain Sayed said all such functions were not held to appease anyone but to make the minorities realise that they were equal Pakistanis and part of us.

He said such functions reflected the ideology of enlightened moderation which gave Pakistan a boost at international level.

He called upon the minorities to play their role in making Pakistan strong and a land of peace and tranquillity.

Minister for Religious Affairs Ijazul Haq said all those living in Pakistan enjoyed equal rights irrespective of the faith they followed. All of them were patriotic Pakistanis.

He said Hindus were largest minority in the country followed by Christians and they had played constructive role in country’s uplift.
PML celebrates Diwali -DAWN - National; October 31, 2006

London, Apr 24 (ANI):
The Sikh Federation was set up last year as a "political" party and is committed to work for the establishment of Khalistan. It is organising a series of promotions to mark the 20th anniversary of the events of 1984. MPs sympathetic to its cause have tabled motions in the British Parliament drawing attention to the issue, and the Federation claims that about 50
MPs have signed the motions, while several members of the Government, including ministers, have written expressing their support.

The Federation has written to every British MEP urging support for the "genocide" declaration, and is appealing to Sikhs across Europe to canvass the support of their MEPs (ANI)

European MPs call for UN investigation into 1984 Sikh massacre

The bold part should answer your question. Anyway I am not interested in defending India's human right records but the sametime I cannot be brainwashed by your one sided post. I think there is more truth in the WSJ article about India.

Have a nice day.

The bold part should answer your question. Anyway I am not interested in defending India's human right records but the sametime I cannot be brainwashed by your one sided post. I think there is more truth in the WSJ article about India.

Have a nice day.

TRUTH IS BITTER YOU KNOW :lol: even i am not interested to defame this idiotic logic of being Secular having blood of thousands of innocent minorities on their sleeves.

Bloody Killers :angry:

Before leaving, just one last link to slap your idiotic way of beleiving things,

Human Rights report.

“We Have No Orders To Save You”
State Participation and Complicity in Communal Violence in Gujarat
India: "WE HAVE NO ORDERS TO SAVE YOU" - State Participation and Complicity in Communal Violence in Gujarat

OOUCH that slap hurt even an idiot like me and made me see light. Will tell Gordon Brown to break relations with India immediately. Would you like to be Foreign Sec of the UK. We need erudite people like you here.

:cheers:

Dont even bother Always Neutral. Its a waste of your time and intellect.

so someone is taking advantage of position by deleting my post:rofl:

Blind Patriotic Idiots should see the mirror which i showed to an britisher wannabe Indian.

So next time a I say something good about Pakistan I will be Britisher wannabe Pakistani or a target of somelike VOAA who does not like Pakistan.

Anway I feel more comfortable being a wannabe then a Know It all erudite like VOAA.

So next time a I say something good about Pakistan I will be Britisher wannabe Pakistani or a target of somelike VOAA who does not like Pakistan.

Anway I feel more comfortable being a wannabe then a Know It all erudite like VOAA.

did i said something from my side ? just copy//pasting the links and news of Media :lol:

tell me all media is bias and anti-India :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom