What's new

How secular, really, is India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tired of patriotic morons

Stop posting flamebait in this thread or you'll get a warning

Please follow Page eight, and then tell me who's the one who force me to post all those links..

Truth is Always Bitter

you did'nt tired of wannabe morons ?

Please follow Page eight, and then tell me who's the one who force me to post all those links..

Truth is Always Bitter

I have read through the posts and my opinion has not changed. from the start your posting style is very adversarial and of the type that will start flame wars. I suggest you change the tone.

And when you talk of "wannabes" you are also referring to persons such as myself and Neo

Take it on board in future or you WILL receive a warning. We apply this rule to Indians as well as others.

People should admit the truth and move on. India isn't a secular state, but is striving to become one.

The best i can put it, and i am sure others will agree.

People should admit the truth and move on. India isn't a secular state, but is striving to become one.

A better way to put it ...India is officially a secular state...but is striving to implement it better on the ground.

Secularism is an ideal.

true secularism in its most ideal form, if you are able to achieve it- you are already in paradise. It is not humanely possible to achieve it as long as religions exist.

Probably the better saying will be

"India is striving to be one and at the present stage on a good path"

The only truly secular places are Scandanavia and probably New Zealand. The rest are secular to an extent their cultures and local politics allow. India is moving in the right direction and the courts have intervened whenever things have become one sided there.

The only truly secular places are Scandanavia and probably New Zealand. The rest are secular to an extent their cultures and local politics allow. India is moving in the right direction and the courts have intervened whenever things have become one sided there.

Take the sugar coating away and at the bottom you would find that India is not secular as it claims to be.

Is that the better version? France says for it no religions exist, India is you can do whatever you want. These are the two extremes of secularism, but which is the true secularism? can you say it?

Is that the better version? France says for it no religions exist, India is you can do whatever you want. These are the two extremes of secularism, but which is the true secularism? can you say it?

Ethnic French are generally non-religious. They probably equate religion with superstition...hence their attitude. Infact, one gets the feeling that French are afraid of overly religious people. They are afraid that religious people will make decisions based on faith rather than logic...and find it difficult to trust them.

The type of secularism that is best for a nation depends on how religious the people are. Indians tend to be very religious, so the "believe and do whatever you want to within limits" philosophy is the best for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom