What's new

How PAF Should Counter the SU-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
MKI can use Brahmos like a BVR are you gone mad.. Brahmos is meant for tactical use to destroy command center and radar bases not as air to air missile, Novator K-100 is supposed to be AWACS killer.

MKI can use Brahmos like a BVR are you gone mad.. Brahmos is meant for tactical use to destroy command center and radar bases not as air to air missile, Novator K-100 is supposed to be AWACS killer.

Sorry got confused R-37 which is BVR they use on Mig31.

Pakistanis should worry how will they counter the combined might of Mig29s and Mirage 2000s which even their current avatars more than enough. Su30 mki with their Huge radars would be excellent platform for firing Bvr and Brahmos.
US coming to aid Pak at time Indo-Pak conflict....Bro this is not 70s.
China coming to Pak's rescue would mean they risking their whole export based economy and China's previous record has shown they have never meddled in Indo-Pak matters.
In previous conflicts we had with Pak it owing
to international pressure we could not properly punish the pakistanis. This time we would show full might of Russian military h\w.
And not to forget Israel would love to wash its hand in IndoPak conflict. More than China and USA it is Israel which is likely to get involved in IndoPak Harakiri.
And not to forget MKI can use Brahmos like a BVRs. Read on this forum. Pakistan AWACS would be sitting ducks for MKI if MKI's radar could guide Brahmos for that long.
As much i know of Pak Fauj's character they are likely to flee with their planes in any event of full blown war with India.

what is the point of this post? are you trying to educate me, inform me, ....? try learning about aircombat, you are here to learn about defence matters. try understanding my post, go through informative posts by senior members, formulate your argument or views and then post. You do not have the basic understanding of brahmos or bvr regime and claim to know of pak faujs character. Be respectful of other nationalities here, Treat others here just the way you want to be treated.

hmmm what about Pakistan fanboys :azn:.....
Raptor is out equation .... what eva we discuss will neva happen in war theater.....but we are fighting each other on internet forums :cheesy: on daily basis

Well my man, my post was for both, Indian and Pakistani fan boys. However, Su-30's over exaggerated by the Indian community so not sure how I can change the fact and relieve the Indians out of the fact.
SU-30 is not a F-22 of South Asia. Not sure why are you guys spending so much time on it. It's a bigger plane with bigger load carrying capability. Nothing more. Due to close proximity, advantageous capabilities are minimized. So that's that. There are more than one way to counter SU-30 or anything else but F-22 (unless you are in dog fight with F-22 and happen to be Euro Fighter, than you might have luck). So let's have a bit more productive discussion please.

.........SU-30 is not a F-22 of South Asia........ It's a bigger plane with bigger load carrying capability. Nothing more. Due to close proximity, advantageous capabilities are minimized. So that's that. There are more than one way to counter SU-30 or anything else but F-22 (unless you are in dog fight with F-22 and happen to be Euro Fighter, than you might have luck).....

PAk- f16, Jf17
SRI- MIG 27
BAN- MIG29
IAF- MIG 29, MIRAG 2000,
:undecided:
these are the planes which are operate in SA.
There are too many way to counter the MKI, but those planes who are using too small radar & IRST how they able to detect MKI first. So MkI is rapator in SA.
MKI is also has highest turn rate & AoA.

PAk- f16, Jf17
SRI- MIG 27
BAN- MIG29
IAF- MIG 29, MIRAG 2000,
:undecided:
these are the planes which are operate in SA.
There are too many way to counter the MKI, but those planes who are using too small radar & IRST how they able to detect MKI first. So MkI is rapator in SA.
MKI is also has highest turn rate & AoA.

Its not just about the radars ... remember its always the combo of a good reduced RCS with a good powerful radar which doesn't light up like a beacon (in other words AESA) which makes a good BVR platform (also the ECM's and all that)....

SU-30 MKI may have a powerful PESA radar but also has a humongous RCS, similarly u can check out the post about the huge IR signature that the MKI will present .... surely maneuverability does help but does that change the fact that its a huge aircraft and will be easier to keep eyes on and if shot upon its huge engines will become a magnet for the IR seeker of a missile....

Su-30 MKI is overrated by quite a few of Indian friends no doubt its a good fighter but it certainly is not the best ...or even the second best like proclaimed by quite a few...

SU30MKI

IS the best in south ASIA. and that is very important to both pak & indian posters

THE BEST because its superior in 90% of the areas that are vital ie

Speed, range, payload, AOA, radar, jammers & EW warefare.

SIMPLY spinning the RCS is not going to help JFT or PAF get over 270+ su30mki

The TWR on the JFT is poor
The weapons load and range is average
The EW suite & jammers unknown quantity

Where and how do you take 38 THUNDERS to take on 150 su30mki

PAF defense will STAND OR FALL BY THE formidabl;e combat proven F16 whose radar weapons & TWR are massively improved over the THUNDER despite being 20 years older then the thunder

Professional PDF posters know that PAF will be relying on F16 X 63 PLANES + AWACS to save the day against a onslaught by IAF which will be dominated in nos by the massive flankers

su-30mki_d11.jpg

Its not just about the radars ... remember its always the combo of a good reduced RCS with a good powerful radar which doesn't light up like a beacon (in other words AESA) which makes a good BVR platform (also the ECM's and all that)....

SU-30 MKI may have a powerful PESA radar but also has a humongous RCS, similarly u can check out the post about the huge IR signature that the MKI will present .... surely maneuverability does help but does that change the fact that its a huge aircraft and will be easier to keep eyes on and if shot upon its huge engines will become a magnet for the IR seeker of a missile....

Su-30 MKI is overrated by quite a few of Indian friends no doubt its a good fighter but it certainly is not the best ...or even the second best like proclaimed by quite a few...

RCS Doesn't play any role for 4th Gen fighter planes. RCS is useless for The plane which carry External payload. Do you ever heard of Air-Superiority fighters???? The term was coined with F15, which has same RCS Su27 has. Till date no one has challenged AIr superiority of F15. Su27 family was born on same principle...

I repeat, RCS doesn't play any significant role in 4th generation fighters. And it is not easy for same generation , same class fighter to kill each other...

RCS Doesn't play any role for 4th Gen fighter planes. RCS is useless for The plane which carry External payload. Do you ever heard of Air-Superiority fighters???? The term was coined with F15, which has same RCS Su27 has. Till date no one has challenged AIr superiority of F15. Su27 family was born on same principle...

I repeat, RCS doesn't play any significant role in 4th generation fighters. And it is not easy for same generation , same class fighter to kill each other...

RCS plays a role in detection....and USA wouldn't be going nuts by investing millions in reducing the RCS of latter blocks of F-16 and F-18 and creating an entire new version of an F-15 if RCS didn't matter....

Su-30 works like carrots n sticks..
its RCs looks like carrot but its punch is like sticks :D
and india never disclosed the actual Rcs +
with weapon load,RCs increases only :)

I think there is no point planning to only a particular type of plane......also in combat, however sophisticated the technology is numbers do matter.....so, I just thought it is better to look at the two country's aircrafts and their numbers.

PAF :

1. F-16 Fighting Falcon - - 77
2. JF-17 Thunder - - - - - 100
3. Dassault Mirage III - - - 75
4. Dassault Mirage 5 - - - - 82
5. Chengdu F7 skybolt - - - 186
6. FC20 - - - - - - - - - - - 36

Total = 556

IAF:

1. Su 30 MKI - - - - - - - - - - - - - 157
2. Mig 29 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 68
3. Dassault mirage 2000 - - - - - - - 57
4. HAL Tejas mark - I - - - - - - - - 39
5. Mig 21 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 153
6. SEPECAT Jaguar - - - - - - - - - -151
7. Dassault Rafale - - - - - - - - - - 126

Total = 751

Considering each type of plane in one's arsenal has an equally capable rival with the opponent...greater numbers would ensure successful missions. We shud remember that air battles are won not by downing more planes of the enemy....but by achieving a specific objective during combat.

^^^^ welcome to the forum.... first know about the fighter jets .... they don't have 36 J-10 yet.... still no contract signed...

^^^^ welcome to the forum.... first know about the fighter jets .... they don't have 36 J-10 yet.... still no contract signed...

your fighters are on order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom