What's new

How many Pakistanis love to eat Masala Dosa?

it tasts good..sale south indian canteen walo ne developed that taste in our buds.. ;-) :-) .. ...I sometimes replace the potatto stuff with chicken mince masala (kheema) and it tastes even better for me ;-) .I like Sambar (even made it here in Nederlands last week and south indian friends didnt believe that I made it ..lol...... :-) ... ) ...but hate that tasteless coconut chutney..

Sorry, I am not Pakistani but thot of sharing my feedback as well :-)

Last edited:
I don't think Masala Dosa will appeal all that much to Pakistanis. Nothing special in it really.

But I'd rather die than go through a month without without having either idly or dosa. My favorite is the Davangere Benne Masale Dose with chutney; generous dollops of butter thrown on the Masala dosa while it's made. Yummy!
Did you eat MLA DOSA,rava dosa, set dosa,70MM dosa and other types of dosas, the udupi hotels and kamat hotels have good taste.

it tasts good..sale south indian canteen walo ne developed that taste in our buds.. ;-) :-) .. ...I sometimes replace the potatto stuff with chicken mince masala (kheema) and it tastes even better for me ;-) .I like Sambar (even made it here in Nederlands last week and south indian friends didnt believe that I made it ..lol...... :-) ... ) ...but hate that tasteless coconut chutney..

Sorry, I am not Pakistani but thot of sharing my feedback as well :-)
Chutney mein you didn't add green chillies and fried red chillis, come to AP we will show you how coconut chutney is done hot and spicy, will blow your mind :P

Normally we ground the green chilli and red chilli with coconut along with dhaniya,zeera and other tadka ingredients in a mortar and pestle the taste is finger licking good and fresh.

Love the damn thing. Seen in weddings in Karachi(where people of taste live) quite often and available at certain Cafe's.
Prefer the good old variety with the potato filling, and the sambhar and idli.
New variations such as Chicken and Fish introduced by certain cafe's were generally just lacking. However, a Achari variety is also very good.

Tried having it the South Indian way with the darn thing leaking all over the place. it was a very messy affair. Decide to chop it up into smaller pieces to have as tiny sandwiches.

While studying abroad, convinced a Chennai based friend of mine to try a Nutella Dosa with bananas and cream. While she was happy to oblige with the dosa, she wasnt too convinced that it was still the dish since it felt more like a variation on crepe than the dish.

Also did a Spinach and Feta Dosa which was out of this world but no restaurant wants the idea.
Ever tried Wasabi with Dosa :D

Last edited:
I know. Thankfully, my mom makes normal north-south kind of food with influences from everywhere.
but i like puliyora,lemon rice,uppittu and kesari..others are boring and not worth at all,especially kuska (worst) and that (idli/vade in a sambhaar bowl) dish..

Sambhar is just a modified channe wali dal.............
nodear its infact toor-arhar ki daal with veggies , coconut, jagree, tamrind pulp, hing and is given a tarka with desi ghee , mustard seed, curry patta , whole red chillies :)

That was a general comment regarding coconut !

being Pakistani we do not appreciate that flavor !
mazerat ke saath arz karoonga saeen ji

*andar kya jane adrak ka swaad :D

South Indian food is available in Karachi and although its found in a very few outlets (family business with guarded recipes), they do really good business. Chicken Dosa is most populor, Masala Veg isnt preferred much.

but i like puliyora,lemon rice,uppittu and kesari..others are boring and not worth at all,especially kuska (worst) and that (idli/vade in a sambhaar bowl) dish..

How can anyone not like idli/vade sambhar? It has to be had with that udupi style sambhar. Other varieties of sambhars are not a good combo with it though, phir bhi chalta hai.

Is South Indian food available in Pakistan?

dint find in my city or province but may be we have in Karachi.

BTW we dont mind good food we are food lovers.

I did like dosa during my visit to India. Though it was pathetic in dehli but loved the ones i tried in Chennai. Also like some other south Indian food there. The only thing i hated was those mini smallest chapatis on earth :(

Dosa and vada are my fav south indian dishes..i dislike idli though.My mother loves it.
Masala dosa is one of the most popular snack dishes in kolkata.

Is South Indian food available in Pakistan?
Few South Indian food restaurants are opened in Lahore. I ate thaali at one. Liked it.
Problem with us Pakistanis is that we are "gosht khoor" so South Indian vegetarian food though is liked but is not very popular.

India should have a number of Pakistani restaurants opened here as well.

Are there any unique pakistani dishes?We already know the mughlai dishes.Unique dishes are great.
Pakistanis might know the answer but once I saw a Pakistani biriyani recepie. It was unique and I did not find such kind in restaurants in Calcutta at least.

nodear its infact toor-arhar ki daal with veggies , coconut, jagree, tamrind pulp, hing and is given a tarka with desi ghee , mustard seed, curry patta , whole red chillies :)

mazerat ke saath arz karoonga saeen ji

*andar kya jane adrak ka swaad :D

Teriiiiii ...............................

Samajh to gaya ho ga

Yeh dekh aur rota reh
Steaks.jpg

rare-steak.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom