What's new

How many Main Battle Tanks the RSLF have?

530 M1A2S Abrams

20130217-IDEX-2013-5894.jpg

460 M60A3

tanks001.jpg

320 AMX-30

30ssa_004.jpg

@JUBA | What is the total requirement for RSLF of MBTs and if there are any replacement plans for AMX-30 and M-60s?

@JUBA | Does RSLF operate any Leopards so far?

How about the T-90S you were evaluating?

Turned out to be a piece of junk, not good enough.

I heard that Alkhalid Performed better in Saudi desert than T90 S . But Saudi arabia wanted more sophisticated tank ...
and Now LEO and Altay are under discussion .... I hope KSA take Altay from Turkish brothers

No not yet, the deal is still on hold i think.

Turned out to be a piece of junk, not good enough.

thats why india has more t90 tanks than you despite having lower budget because you prefer spending money on overpriced junk

Planning to replace the older tanks with

Leopard 2A7+

leopard_2a7.jpg

Or Altay

Altay-tank%C4%B1-2014-tr.jpg

Or simply getting more Abrams.

Abrams is the aim, Leo Yes we have placed an order waiting for it to be finalized but Altay!!!!!! Are you kidding me?

thats why india has more t90 tanks than you despite having lower budget because you prefer spending money on overpriced junk

Overpriced junk? such as?

I heard that Alkhalid Performed better in Saudi desert than T90 S . But Saudi arabia wanted more sophisticated tank ...
and Now LEO and Altay are under discussion .... I hope KSA take Altay from Turkish brothers

KSA has much better options than AK and money is not a problem for them so forget it. Only chance for AK would be if KSA wanted indigenisation of armor industry.

Abrams is the aim, Leo Yes we have placed an order waiting for it to be finalized but Altay!!!!!! Are you kidding me?

Altay would be very close to LeoA7 in performance. I heard earlier that the RSLF is aiming for about 800 Altays. Either Way, Leo or Altay will add a much needed punch to the armor column of the RSLF especially when they are integrated into a Network Centric Warfare apparatus.

Altay would be very close to LeoA7 in performance. I heard earlier that the RSLF is aiming for about 800 Altays. Either Way, Leo or Altay will add a much needed punch to the armor column of the RSLF especially when they are integrated into a Network Centric Warfare apparatus.

Hard for it to meet the requirement of the desert. We have been offered to take it into consideration by the Turkish company but no order has been placed by the RSLF nor have shown any interest in it. I would say more SA version of Abrams.

Back
Top Bottom