What's new

How many Main Battle Tanks the RSLF have?

Russian tanks always performed badly in Deserts such as the T-72s in Iraq

@500 Israelis were highly trained and had air superiority.

@Bubblegum Crisis

Turkey is developing an 1800HP powerpack.
Pakistan is producing DU rounds.
Pakistan is rolling out AK-2 in December.

Soon, brother, very soon, no more armor from the west.
Wow so AK-II will be introduced in December? Wow that's supeeeer good news

@500 Israelis were highly trained and had air superiority.

@Bubblegum Crisis

Turkey is developing an 1800HP powerpack.
Pakistan is producing DU rounds.
Pakistan is rolling out AK-2 in December.

Soon, brother, very soon, no more armor from the west.

Ak-2 specs?

Will the first prototype roll out this December or the first mass production product?

Ak-2 specs?

Will the first prototype roll out this December or the first mass production product?

* 1500HP Powerpack
* Upgraded sub systems, BMS, FCS etc
* Upgraded datalink for net centricity
* UAV connectivity
* Upgraded EO suite
* Upgraded armor
* Pakistan made 125mm cannon
* Upgraded storage to 49 rounds @ 9 rounds/minute. Also integrates KE and DU rounds.
* Upgraded autoloader (Pakistan made)
* Unconfirmed reports of a redesigned turret
* Skirts would be integrated with the main hull
* Upgraded NBC warfare capabilities.

Last edited:
* 1500HP Powerpack
* Upgraded sub systems, BMS, FCS etc
* Upgraded datalink for net centricity
* UAV connectivity
* Upgraded EO suite
* Upgraded armor
* Pakistan made 125mm cannon
* Upgraded storage to 49 rounds @ 9 rounds/minute. Also integrates KE and DU rounds.

* Upgraded autoloader (Pakistan made)
* Unconfirmed reports of a redesigned turret
* Skirts would be integrated with the main hull
* Upgraded NBC warfare capabilities.

So its the first prototype?

Yes. As per Janes, it will roll out at IDEAS-2014 in Dec.

There seem many upgtades. Seems like an advanced machine.. How would AK 2 perform against Altay and Leopard 2NG?

sn-jpg.36545

31yhmlg.jpg

Last edited:
Hard for it to meet the requirement of the desert. We have been offered to take it into consideration by the Turkish company but no order has been placed by the RSLF nor have shown any interest in it. I would say more SA version of Abrams.

I agree, better to stick to a variant that The Saudi Royal Army is used to operating. You cannot go wrong with an Abrams. Quality trumps quantity.

Last edited:
There seem many upgtades. Seems like an advanced machine.. How would AK 2 perform against Altay and Leopard 2NG?

AK-2 is the best a poor country like us can develop to defend ourselves against a bigger enemy. It may not be comparable to Leo or Altay but in the hands of a Pakistani soldier, it will be second to none.

I agree, better to stick to a variant that The Saudi Royal Army is used to operating. You cannot go wrong with an Abrams. Quality trumps quantity.

I tell you what, i won't mind laying my hands on that hottie you are hiding up there in Japan called Type-10 ;)

Last edited:
AK-2 is the best a poor country like us can develop to defend ourselves against a bigger enemy. It may not be comparable to Leo or Altay but in the hands of a Pakistani soldier, it will be second to none.

Very well. Can you post pictures if possible ?

I know that there are some serious rivalry between you and Indians. So the requirements of such a product were also to augment Indian counterparts as much as geographics?

(I am getting to know these defence stuff huh :D)

Very well. Can you post pictures if possible ?

I know that there are some serious rivalry between you and Indians. So the requirements of such a product were also to augment Indian counterparts as much as geographics?

(I am getting to know these defence stuff huh :D)

We don't have a picture of the latest Al-Khalid upgrade yet & yes AK is meant for deterring India. Pakistan also produces Al-Zarrar upgrade for our Type-50+/Type-60+ tank fleet.

AK-1
1526435_668340399882652_1195498077_n.jpg

Al-Zarrar

10255995_729674740388775_202611947_n.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom