What's new

How likely is the Iranian invasion of Iraq?

How likely is the Iranian invasion of Iraq?

• Total voters
If ISIS is perceived in any way to be attempting to destroy Karbala, rest assured that Iran will do everything in it's power to prevent that. In this regard, I believe Iran will not hesitate to send in a limited occupational force either should the situation deteriorate that much.

If ISIS is perceived in any way to be attempting to destroy Karbala, rest assured that Iran will do everything in it's power to prevent that. In this regard, I believe Iran will not hesitate to send in a limited occupational force either should the situation deteriorate that much.

If any threat happen to Ahlulbayt Shrines 60 million Iranians are ready to defend them.

If any threat happen to Ahlulbayt Shrines 60 million Iranians are ready to defend them.
Dont overreact with 60 million ,the US is fishing for Iran to get involved and if you fall for the trap you will be dragged into a war you cant win,lets be realistic here,Iran should be careful not to fall for it.

There are unwritten red lines here, defined by Tehran, crossing those red lines means shifting stages in Iranian way of involvement in the situation, but I would say a direct classical strategy of engaging the turmoil, would be highly unlikely.

Knowing Iran they won't invade Iraq even if they were able to and allowed to. Their style is more asymmetric warfare. They already sending their militias into Syria and Iraq for their own benefit.

This whole Iraq disintegration was caused by Malaki's sectarian policies in the first place anyhow. The Sunni's in Iraq allowed ISIS expansion for a reason. Malaki at the moment is getting a lot of fuss for having an exclusive policy and pursuing Shia sectarian agenda. The main reason why Obama didn't want to help Malaki is because they didn't want to give more power to Malaki's sectarian rule.

People don't understand it is not just ISIS but other Sunni factions that say enough to Shia sectarianism. If Iran enters Iraq with conventional war it will open pandora's box for Iran. It will only add to the Sunni / Shia fire that is roaming the region. If it was just ISIS the situation would be different but like most people who know the situation on the ground it is much more complex situation. There is actual Sunni Arab support for ISIS in Iraq.

It is very hard to say what will happen in the future but knowing US they will use this chaos to deminish Iran's influence in Iraq. Malaki will never get influence back in Sunni Arab and Kurdish territory. I can say that for sure because external powers will steer the situation in that direction.

Dont overreact with 60 million ,the US is fishing for Iran to get involved and if you fall for the trap you will be dragged into a war you cant win,lets be realistic here,Iran should be careful not to fall for it.

True, Iraq invasion will drain all of Iran's resources. That is exactly what they want so when they go for Iran's throat later on they will have an easier job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom