What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody should do the same to you.the way your jawans are killing innocent village people and taking their body for god knows what it will be a fitting Justice don't you think.

yes yes cattle smuggling innocent villagers went to border for sight seeing and evil Bharatis shoot them for fun.. we heard it many times..

An interesting article and a timely reminder that Baruas are not Chakmas.

An interesting article and a very timely reminder that Baruas are not Chakma. However, it is not clear from the article which branch of Buddhism they follow, so this interjection does not fully respond to

The following is from the article:

They are spread in various divisions known as thanas. Dwellers of various thanas in Chittagong too have distinct differences in their languages. However, they follow the same family or kinship pattern, religious ceremonies, New Year festivals and various celebrations. According to the history of Buddhism in Bangladesh there was once a deformation of the religious system; particularly the role of priests who were not recognized by the State and had no sponsors. As there was no government supports much of their cultural ceremonies and religious festivals were incorporated with Hindu system. Outside they were like Hindus but among themselves they retained the Buddhist identity which is significant mainly by names. Priests were a set of people known as ‘raoli purohits’. The term ‘purohit’ is still used by Hindus to refer to a class of their priests. Ven. Saramedha (Saramitra) who was trained according to Burmese Buddhism played an important role in early 19th century for the revival of this religion and establish in the original form. However, even today, many of their cultural aspects including the form of dresses they maintain Hindu influence. The form of Buddhism among them is according to Theravāda tradition. They believe that every Buddhist male should be ordained as a Buddhist monk at least for a weak. Otherwise, he will never be reborn as a human and hence no probability of his liberation from samsāra. In fact, when such people die their corpses are not carried by shoulders but holding the coffins above the knee level.
Most of the religious festivals among baruas are common to other Buddhist countries. New Year festival gained religious importance among them. The kathina festival (after three months of rainy season) is celebrated and regarded as a joyful event. They also developed a form of unwritten devotional songs known as kīrtan (or samkīrtan singing together) in praise of Buddha and good principles of life. In most of the Buddhist festivals kīrtans are sung either by a single person, in a group or only by two persons who debate taking two roles (popularly Siddhartha and Devadatta) and capturing a historical incident in Buddha’s life. Sīvali pūja – offering of a large number of food and fruit items in name of Arahanth Sīvali is one of the festivals not much popular among Sri Lankan Buddhists. Offerings in name of Ven.Upagupta who appears as a prominent figure in the Sanskrit avadāna literature and believed still living in nāgaloka is significant among the Baruas and Buddhists in Bangladesh as a whole. Ven. Sadhanananda – popular as ‘vanabhante’ (a still living forest monk, who meditated in deep forest for 12 years) from Chakma community is also venerated with great respects by them. There are many great Buddhist scholar monks from Barua community, who played responsible roles for the propagation of Buddhism in and outside the country. Ven. Atisha Dīpamkara srījñāna – the founder of Tibetan Buddhism in 10th century B.C. is interpreted by many scholars as from Barua community. Ven. Karmayogi Kripasaran mahasthavir with many others was a close associate of Anagārika Dharmapala in reviving the Bodhgaya Buddhist Temple and Buddhism in India.

What a stupid comment. But if we are going to deal in stupid comments, then Technically Kashmir, Pakistan and Bangladesh belongs to Hindus, so if anything you guys should do the returning and pack your bags for Arabia ;)

Are u really this dumb?according to your historians we are all decendent of ariayan rase the true people of bharat borsho is south Indians.so me thinks u need to pack your bags too.

yes yes cattle smuggling innocent villagers went to border for sight seeing and evil Bharatis shoot them for fun.. we heard it many times..

Please as if you don't know what we do to your gai Mata here.still you allow them to be prepared and presented at our table.and do check times of India for video photos for proof.or do they lie about their own country.

Can someone specify why west Bengal is called west Bengal?is it west of India? Our west is greater rajshahi right?

Can someone specify why west Bengal is called west Bengal?is it west of India? Our west is greater rajshahi right?

Well it should just be called Bengal, at least that is what young generation want it to be. However politicians who had seen the partition probably still remember that we are part of the bigger something.

There was a campaign by times of India to change the name to Bengal which was supported by younger generation, however they changed it to paschim banga to everyone's dismay.

If it was upto me I'd have changed it to Gaur Bangla, sounds trippy.

Please as if you don't know what we do to your gai Mata here.still you allow them to be prepared and presented at our table.and do check times of India for video photos for proof.or do they lie about their own country.

Look, what you do with the cow is not the topic.. You can eat it or kiss it or sleep with it, I dont care.. The issue is that you start to smuggle it and trying to enter my country illegaly. It is a big issue and it has to be dealt with.. BSF was not stationed in the border for giving handshakes to illegal immigrants.. You are most welcome to buy what ever from India in a legal manner and feel free to visit our country with a visa and a passport..

Look, what you do with the cow is not the topic.. You can eat it or kiss it or sleep with it, I dont care.. The issue is that you start to smuggle it and trying to enter my country illegaly. It is a big issue and it has to be dealt with.. BSF was not stationed in the border for giving handshakes to illegal immigrants.. You are most welcome to buy what ever from India in a legal manner and feel free to visit our country with a visa and a passport..

Shouldn't BSF kill more Indian cow traders who actually sell the cows to us than the innocent people who just buy it?

Shouldn't BSF kill more Indian cow traders who actually sell the cows to us than the innocent people who just buy it?

Offcource.. They should be.. Bangladesh Security force can also do it.. Smuggling is a big headache and it results in loosing lots of rupees to the governments of both country..

If pani is a sanskrit word then why Hindus in our country use Jol, Pishi, Mashi, Mangsho, snan, but muslims use Pani, Khala, Fufu, Gosto and Gosol? Curious to know!

Paani is Hindi originated from the Sanskrit word Paan means 'to drink' like Jalpaan

Babus are long lost along with license raj, coffee house adda, durdarshan and everything else which signified per-libarization India. Now young cosmopolitan Bengalis are no different than their peers from Mumbai, Delhi or Chennai except for his/her penchant for Bengali songs and literature. :)

Whenever I visit Kolkata, it reminds me of colonial period.

@Chinese-Dragon : Mate can you understand what the heck these Bengalis are talking about ? :what:

I dunno they just lost me after the Kukri ! :blink:

Its Khukhri, a type of big Knife Gorkha keep with themselves

Last edited by a moderator:

Well Indian cow traders are selling cow well within Indian territory so what can BSF do about it? Selling cow isn't illegal in India. Its Bangladeshis who cross the border to buy cows and then sell the cows in high price in Bangladesh where demand is high.

Whenever I visit Kolkata, it reminds me of colonial period.

Its Khukhri, a type of big Knife Gorkha keep with themselves

Why so? ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom