What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but most are in crumbling shapes. Govt try to protect the heritage ones but private owned ones slowly make way to shopping malls, multiplexes and gated complex.

I don't know but some parts of Howrah Junction gave me the glimpse of colonial past. Its so huge.

Strong historian...just answer the question, when were we under Calcutta Babus...that would be appreciable.

If I have to give explanation to whatever sh!t I type in BD defence then what's the point of posting here. I could just be well behaved and go for the junior tt post. :-\

Did you put a youtube link....it's missing here, I see a big whitespace?

yeah, it's youtube link.....

I think u guys might like the tollywood movies:

Baishe shrabon, Autograph, Antoheen, Madly bangali, Feluda movies

Some oldies :

Bhranti bilas, Charmurti, Golpo holeo sotti, Sonar kella, Chhaddobeshi, Deowa neowa, Ogo bodhu sundori, Lukochuri, Bhanu goenda Johor assistant

South India are fiercer than north-eastern people so major projects of central govt. like DRDO, ISRO, Medical colleges, Research institutes established in South India to keep them happy. On the hand, Delhi knows Bengali "Bhodrolok" won't do much even if they receive less project. So, more project for south India :lol:.

No South India is farther away from the borders and there is a huge supply of engineers which gives south india a competitive advantage over the others.

Can someone specify why west Bengal is called west Bengal?is it west of India? Our west is greater rajshahi right?
as during the british rule it was divided into 2 parts,east & west.... after independance,we kept "west bengal" name with us intact...now it would change to "paschimbanga",the utter BS courtsey-mamtadi

as during the british rule it was divided into 2 parts,east & west.... after independance,we kept "west bengal" name with us intact...now it would change to "paschimbanga",the utter BS courtsey-mamtadi

But all Indians in day to day life refer it as Bengal. No west

I appreciate the reference anyway, it is a timely reminder that my knowledge of the details of Bengali history is weaker than it ought to be, considering that our university course emphasised the history of Bengal while reading the history of India.

Incidentally, are copies of the History of Bengal still in print?

My history is not very strong either. ^ Not sure who wrote this book: History of Bengal. I remember studying history books by Ramesh Chandra Majumdar, back in college (11-12 grade) days. In university, since I did that in the US, I had no South Asian history class. But I scoured our main univ. library for history of this region.

For medieval history, I would recommend this online book:
The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204

Tripura is bengal too.
West can be poshchimbongo may be refers tripura east bengal.
We are actual Bengal Bangladesh(no east west) and we feel proud.
:cheers:

Tripura is always called Tripura.

@Gigawatt @Captain Spark @LaBong
U guys know of 21 february mother language day.
How do bengal ppl feel about this. Is this widely celebrated or limited to some communities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom