What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My history is not very strong either. ^ Not sure who wrote this book: History of Bengal. I remember studying history books by Ramesh Chandra Majumdar, back in college (11-12 grade) days. In university, since I did that in the US, I had no South Asian history class. But I scoured our main univ. library for history of this region.

For medieval history, I would recommend this online book:
The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204

Noted, with thanks.

The History I am talking about is the R. C. Majumdar/Jadunath Sarkar one, two volumes. Ramesh Majumdar is admittedly great, and I feel proud he was distantly related, but then I remember his right wing views and feel embarrassed.

@Gigawatt @Captain Spark @LaBong
U guys know of 21 february mother language day.
How do bengal ppl feel about this. Is this widely celebrated or limited to some communities.

Yeah, everybody knows it here.....and we feel proud about the fact that it was for the fight of Bengali language that this day was declared as the international mother language day....

Every news media broadcast the news of today being international mother language day......and the reason for it being so....

Celebrations r mostly limited to Kolkata....... there may be some celebrations in districts, but not telecast.... so we know very little about the celebrations of this occasion in districts, but, there definitely are some celebrations happening in Kolkata.

Elsewhere in India, news channels do inform viewers of the auspicious occasion, but , very few or no celebrations r organized anywhere as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ami akjon Gorbito Bangali. Felt honored at Kolkata so many times, as they treated me as Oparer Bangali. Some dada did insulted me from their religious point of view, but Bangali boley Bangali ke maaf kore diechi. Hajar houk ami ethnically akjon Bangali, etai amader onek boro olongkar.

Thanks for this Shouhardomoy thread. Amra Bangali'ra ontoto akta thread e ki evabe ak konthe kotha bolte parina?

No South India is farther away from the borders and there is a huge supply of engineers which gives south india a competitive advantage over the others.

So Govt. of India fear that in future it will loose West Bengal?

Ami akjon Gorbito Bangali. Felt honored at Kolkata so many times, as they treated me as Oparer Bangali. Some dada did insulted me from their religious point of view, but Bangali boley Bangali ke maaf kore diechi. Hajar houk ami ethnically akjon Bangali, etai amader onek boro olongkar.

Thanks for this Shouhardomoy thread. Amra Bangali'ra ontoto akta thread e ki evabe ak konthe kotha bolte parina?

Never thought i will find a sane Bengali in PDF :cry:.

Hi,
Proud Indian Bengali here. I don't understand you Bangladeshis. You should be part of India. You are also part of the Proud Aryan race. Create revolutions inside your country and merge with India soon. Looking forward to our West Bengal State becoming Bengal State. You have Indian blood in you. You are our brothers & sisters. We should be one!

Hi,
Proud Indian Bengali here. I don't understand you Bangladeshis. You should be part of India. You are also part of the Proud Aryan race. Create revolutions inside your country and merge with India soon. Looking forward to our West Bengal State becoming Bengal State. You have Indian blood in you. You are our brothers & sisters. We should be one!

:rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha:

Though it's the 1st time I'm hearing this fact, probably the reason behind this is the indices (life expectancy, HDI etc. ) where both Pakistan and india lag behind BD. So, who relates sub continent to only india and Pakistan thinks that these two are currently band of brothers polishing rifles all the day pointing to each other standing behind BD...why to include BD with these lower standard?

Wrong and wrong.

I am Indian Bengali and I've found that I have more cultural similarity to Pakistanis and Sri Lankans than other Bengalis (inclusive of other Indian Bengalis).

What's so funny? That is the truth. You are not part of India now because of our stupid politicians. If I had been the leader at that time, would have never allowed Pakistan and Bangladesh to separate from India. Netaji Bose should have been around that time. It would have made all the difference.

Hi,

There is no Indian Bangali. Come back to sense and have some pride or stay as a Hindustani. There is no epar opar Bangali for us. Only Bangali and they live in Bangladesh. India is a country and therefore there is no Indian blood, that is what wb peeps are confused about. You have already shamed us by going under India, now don't claim to be Bangali :omghaha:

West bengal should rather join BD and come back to its roots. Soon WB may be a part of BD anyway with rise of muslim converts there. :coffee:

West bengal should rather join BD and come back to its roots. Soon WB may be a part of BD anyway with rise of muslim converts there. :coffee:

72% of west bengal population is Hindus... how suppose they like to join in BD? lol...

What's so funny? That is the truth. You are not part of India now because of our stupid politicians. If I had been the leader at that time, would have never allowed Pakistan and Bangladesh to separate from India. Netaji Bose should have been around that time. It would have made all the difference.
Well I take it from your reply you are just talking straight from your mind. So buddy, reality check for you there is no point crying over what could have happened and what did happen because someone wasnt the leader. And talking about similarities between WB people and Bangladeshis, well I would say there exists huge differences between us. If you meet a Bangladeshi in real life you would understand. We share a common language, food habit, clothing to some extent. But the perception, ideologies, psychology of people vary widely from one another. Besides we have bled too much for this country. Why would we want to give it up? Now dont come with all so-called greatness of your country. We are better off in our own land and want to stay that way. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom