What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Indian cow traders are selling cow well within Indian territory so what can BSF do about it? Selling cow isn't illegal in India. Its Bangladeshis who cross the border to buy cows and then sell the cows in high price in Bangladesh where demand is high.

Why so? ............

There are so many colonial era buildings there.

under a muslim rule of course:azn:

Lol don't trust the evil designs of nefarious Calcutta babus, we will once again manage to rule you just as we did before. ;-)

There are so many colonial era buildings there.

Yes but most are in crumbling shapes. Govt try to protect the heritage ones but private owned ones slowly make way to shopping malls, multiplexes and gated complex.

Lol don't trust the evil designs of nefarious Calcutta babus, we will once again manage to rule you just as we did before. ;-)

Yes but most are in crumbling shapes. Govt try to protect the heritage ones but private owned ones slowly make way to shopping malls, multiplexes and gated complex.

I don't have a problem with a hindu leadership as long as the Bengal is united:smitten:. Hell, i don't mind momota didi being the leader:chilli:....akhon shob thikache, dada?

What I was trying to convey in polite language is that this article has certain problems with it. Let us leave it at that.

No question there, I have noticed it also. I was going to tell you to take it with a pinch of salt. In any case, the Barua's are a reality just like Chakma's. And they look closer to local Chittagong population than Chakma's, who look more similar to other hill tribes in the North east.

No question there, I have noticed it also. I was going to tell you to take it with a pinch of salt. In any case, the Barua's are a reality just like Chakma's. And they look closer to local Chittagong population than Chakma's, who look more similar to other hill tribes in the North east.

I appreciate the reference anyway, it is a timely reminder that my knowledge of the details of Bengali history is weaker than it ought to be, considering that our university course emphasised the history of Bengal while reading the history of India.

Incidentally, are copies of the History of Bengal still in print?

When was Bengal Ruled by the class Called Calcutta Babus??? Sorry my history is weak...

Maybe you need to grow a sarcasm bone.

Your history is weak nonetheless, considering your post on another thread which was closed.

Aren't the baruas also followers of theravada tradition.

Your history is weak nonetheless, considering your post on another thread which was closed.

Strong historian...just answer the question, when were we under Calcutta Babus...that would be appreciable.

You remember that?? correct me please... wanna learn........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom