What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are at it can please someone tell me why this site still showing falls history of our country's independence?

bangladeshi members are praising Indian Hindu bangali...we thanks for them.

They dont have any heroes from them..

In case you forgot Michael modhushudon is from tala shatkhira.after gaining the title za minawayder his father sold their ansastoral home to Muslim family and moved to jessor shagordari.

Sounds corny, but still better tha Dhabol Dholai! Really who came up with that word! :lol:

Actually I heard a story of colonial era where a Bengali clerk translated Raining cats and dogs as Kukur Beral Bristi porche! :lol:

Prothom alo uses it...don't know more.

LOL I'm not obsessed, I read. I had been reading Al Jazeera in a regular basis when Arab Spring was going on and various US news papers during US election, that doesn't make me obsessed of middle east or US. It's called being aware of world geo-politics.

You started it and you keep it. We don't want perversion of our language with HashJaru words. :tup:

How is this a perversion?There was no bangla word for white wash.We just introduced a new word to the vocabulary and enriched it.It is a good thing!

kichui na,ami just bolte chaichi je amra india te multi-cultural,kintu bangladesh'e ekhono sirf "bangal culture" ta chole r kichui noi... r,BTW,amra ekhon sobai ghoti hoye gachi as amader baba-ma ra kintu sobai born & bred in india. Tai joto'i amader "bangal roots" thakuk,amra kintu ekhon sobai ghoti

Isn't it obvious bangal ra bangal culture e man be onno deshi noy.

How is this a perversion?There was no bangla word for white wash.We just introduced a new word to the vocabulary and enriched it.It is a good thing!

and which part being false, can you be specific?
The first article I saw in this site.the person who wrote it systematically forgot to mention 1952 the language movement ,massacre on 26march 1971,pure planed killing of our nations writers,movie directors,journalist s,professors.and the most obnoxious part is where he/she trying to portray muktibahini as band of thugs who started the war against oh so innocent Pakistanis even before march 25.

The first article I saw in this site.the person who wrote it systematically forgot to mention 1952 the language movement ,massacre on 26march 1971,pure planed killing of our nations writers,movie directors,journalist s,professors.and the most obnoxious part is where he/she trying to portray muktibahini as band of thugs who started the war against oh so innocent Pakistanis even before march 25.

There are some bangladeshis on the forum who subscribe to that view. So who had written that article?

Well, I personally do acknowledge the happenings of 1952's Language Movement (yes, a lot of people were killed).

There are plenty of 71' related articles here. Just use the search function.

Welcome to the forum.

We have better living conditions and more educated than you guys.. So no compromise on Capital.. It will be in our place..And South Bangladesh and North Bangladesh.. Only North Kerala and South Kerala.. You can proudly call yourselves Keralaites.. Do not worry, we wont do another genocide on you like your former partners :D and we are not worried about the people from West Bengal, rather some radicals from your side.. We will shoot them on site...
Somebody should do the same to you.the way your jawans are killing innocent village people and taking their body for god knows what it will be a fitting Justice don't you think.

Shouldn't the Budhhists be concentrated around West Bengal since all major Budhhists bihars and universities were around Bengal-Bihar border? Also present day Bangladeshi Buddhists are mainly Theravada Tibetan/Mayanmar offshoot, they don't follow Mahayana Budhhism which was state religion of Palas.

In all probability rural Bengal followed folk Hinduism or didn't follow any organized religion as such.

Yes, the major concentrations of the religion in its dying moments were in the north Bengal/north Bihar region. That only indicates where the ancient concentrations of learned scholars were, not where the contemporary Buddhist population was. Just ask yourself: Atish Dipankar was a teacher at those universities. Did he come from the neighborhood?

Your point about the present-day theological affinities of Bangladesh Buddhists is partially true. It is true of the Chittagong Hill Tracts, and about the Chakma population there, who are not part of the mainstream Bangladeshi ethnicity in the first place. The affinities of those present-day people are not good indicators of the affinities of the mainstream population 700 years ago. The religious doctrine carried into Tibet by doctors of the law from the universities is a better indicator.

Yes, the major concentrations of the religion in its dying moments were in the north Bengal/north Bihar region. That only indicates where the ancient concentrations of learned scholars were, not where the contemporary Buddhist population was. Just ask yourself: Atish Dipankar was a teacher at those universities. Did he come from the neighborhood?

Your point about the present-day theological affinities of Bangladesh Buddhists is partially true. It is true of the Chittagong Hill Tracts, and about the Chakma population there, who are not part of the mainstream Bangladeshi ethnicity in the first place. The affinities of those present-day people are not good indicators of the affinities of the mainstream population 700 years ago. The religious doctrine carried into Tibet by doctors of the law from the universities is a better indicator.

Barua (Bangladesh) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Brief Introduction to Barua Community of Bangladesh - Other Article - south, culture, race

I have personally known some Barua's in addition to a lot of Chakma's. Barua's are Bengali Buddhists.

An interesting article and a timely reminder that Baruas are not Chakmas.

An interesting article and a very timely reminder that Baruas are not Chakma. However, it is not clear from the article which branch of Buddhism they follow, so this interjection does not fully respond to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom