What's new

How India Almost Lost Their Most Expensive Toys

Chinese S-400s will shoot down Rafales in India Airspace in less than 2 minutes.
SPECTRA

that the Rafale has beaten the S-300 multiple times is already in the public domain.

Please realize that any sensitive information on any critical military platform's capabilities is either a conservative baseline figure to be put on a brochure, or deliberately leaked for sales purposes or sabre rattling in the geopolitical sphere.

Stuff like the true effective range of current generation hardware like missiles, of radar detection, resolution of sat imagery and their other capabilities will not be found in the public domain. If the enemy has that info, they have even more reason to stay mum on it. Funny to read some of the comments on here. :laugh:

It can beat an S-300. :partay:

Wonder how friendly the Qataris and Egyptians are with the Pakistanis and Chinese, and how closely the French keep tabs on this kind of sale. The Americans have very strict rules for the PAF F 16s, prohibited from doing any exercise with the Chinese, and probably required to be kept away from the JF - 17 hanger too :usflag::pakistan:

Indian MKIs who went for Red Flag and in other drills and exercises with US made fighters also put their radars in 'practice mode' or something. The recent Turkish F-35 and S-400 acquisition saga too. Everyone wants to protect such highly sensitive information and all the big sellers have safeguard protocols in place which buyers must abide by, very likely there are spying chips and such on all of these systems.

When India get their S-400 and practice with the Rafales.. Dima and Boris, somewhere in some hidden secret bunker in Siberia will be analyzing in real time and making notes and tweaking their own radars in real time. President Xi will be ready to pay in gold for this data :china:

but Rafale beat beat the S-300 ("obsolete" but still a potent threat)

wait till it hatches in a year or so :taz:

Last edited:
SPECTRA

that the Rafale has beaten the S-300 multiple times is already in the public domain.

Please realize that any sensitive information on any critical military platform's capabilities is either a conservative baseline figure to be put on a brochure, or deliberately leaked for sales purposes or sabre rattling in the geopolitical sphere.

Stuff like the true effective range of current generation hardware like missiles, of radar detection, resolution of sat imagery and their other capabilities will not be found in the public domain. If the enemy has that info, they have even more reason to stay mum on it. Funny to read some of the comments on here. :laugh:

It can beat an S-300. :partay:

Wonder how friendly the Qataris and Egyptians are with the Pakistanis and Chinese, and how closely the French keep tabs on this kind of sale. The Americans have very strict rules for the PAF F 16s, prohibited from doing any exercise with the Chinese, and probably required to be kept away from the JF - 17 hanger too :usflag::pakistan:

Indian MKIs who went for Red Flag and in other drills and exercises with US made fighters also put their radars in 'practice mode' or something. The recent Turkish F-35 and S-400 acquisition saga too. Everyone wants to protect such highly sensitive information and all the big sellers have safeguard protocols in place which buyers must abide by, very likely there are spying chips and such on all of these systems.

When India get their S-400 and practice with the Rafales.. Dima and Boris, somewhere in some hidden secret bunker in Siberia will be analyzing in real time and making notes and tweaking their own radars in real time. President Xi will be ready to pay in gold for this data :china:

but Rafale beat beat the S-300 ("obsolete" but still a potent threat)

wait till it hatches in a year or so :taz:

S-400 was developed to take on stealth fighters like F-22 & F-35. Rafale would be easy pickings.

Turkey's S-400 could give F-35s and F-22s a major advantage in a fight with Russia
Alex Lockie
Jul 18, 2019, 5:03 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/turkeys-s400-f-35s-f-22s-a-boost-against-russia-2019-7

S-400 was developed to take on stealth fighters like F-22 & F-35. Rafale would be easy pickings.

Turkey's S-400 could give F-35s and F-22s a major advantage in a fight with Russia
Alex Lockie
Jul 18, 2019, 5:03 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/turkeys-s400-f-35s-f-22s-a-boost-against-russia-2019-7
Interesting article, this last bit caught my attention:

Capture2.JPG

"S-400 was developed to take on stealth fighters like F-22 & F-35. Rafale would be easy pickings."

very foolish of you to have said that, did you not read my post ?

at best common folk and watchers will have guesstimates on true capabilities.

only thing we know for sure is that the Rafale and it's SPECTRA EW suite can beat the S-300

If something like Rafale or Typhoons land in Pakistan we would be honking the horns loudly as well. Though I don't think it would be wall-to-wall. Rafale is Modi's pet project, thus all the fanfare.

I dont think so. There was a half column coverage of F-16 Block 52 coming to Pakistan in 2006. We are not like Indians in every way.

Interesting article, this last bit caught my attention:

View attachment 657156
"S-400 was developed to take on stealth fighters like F-22 & F-35. Rafale would be easy pickings."

very foolish of you to have said that, did you not read my post ?

at best common folk and watchers will have guesstimates on true capabilities.

only thing we know for sure is that the Rafale and it's SPECTRA EW suite can beat the S-300

I know but S-400 is an entirely different beast to S-300.

Hence US has been desperate to crack that code and Turkey is acting as US's trojan horse in fulfilling that endeavor.

I must say that Russians are good at tech but they suck when it comes to foreign policy.

I know but S-400 is an entirely different beast to S-300.
Yeah, it's next gen.

the thing is, we don't know anything concrete but can only speculate.

what the hell did you mean by "easy pickings" ? :lol:

and even if, they'll practice against it once S-400 is here and try all sorts of evasion and SEAD/DEAD strategies.

and yes, the US will be trying to find out as much about the S-400 as they can from the Turkish acquisition too, goes both ways, these games :D

The Russians know their place and understand their military limitations foreign policy wise, they are as wary of China as the US or anyone else is. To earn bread they have sold export versions of some of their military goodies to China as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom