What's new

How good are the SSG's

SSG or PA? I was commenting that as far as I know, its not specifically an exercise between the SSG and Australian SAS. I do recall Australians offering up their training facilities for the CoIN training. Was there more to it?

I dont think Australian SAS qualifies for COIN training , they have no experience in ATT ops but a full scale war:undecided:

Security being relaxed is a different issue from that of training.

Col Haroon Islam was not shot after the mosque had been cleared. He was shot before any of the operations had begun. He had been inspecting entry points for the assault and that is when was hit by gun fire. At that point, all of the militants were intact with their weapons.

you have a different account and I have no way to dispute that
my source is only what I heard on the television and the news and the later drawings of the tunnel network

if I recall correctly he was involved in the extraction of the captives that were being used by the fanatics as shield and was among other soldiers who got shot in the back from one of the vintage points/ minartes.

apparently the Mosque was secrued first before storming the madrassah and thats when the fanatics managed to sneak back in using the tunnel system and inflcited losses to the SSG.
the story made sense to me but if there is an official version of the exact turn of the events on the death of our colonel then please share.

one thing is for sure that we lost sons of soil & defenders of our country at the hands of hate preachers.

may the fallen defenders of Pakistan rest in peace

Amen :pakistan:

Hi,

A somewhat off-topic query. I read in one post by blain2 that Pakistani SFs are being expanded in response to the expansion of Indian SFs as well as for WOT. So my query is this:

How do the extra commandos come about? I mean that if there is a requirement of 1000 guys under normal circumstances, then i assume that more than 1000 will apply. Out of this probably less than 1000 will finally become a part of the SFs because of the tough screening process. So when an expansion is required where do the extra ones come from? Are incentives given or are there extra recruitments for this purpose only? Will this reduce the quality?

I ask this for any military and not only for Pakistan. Kindly explain. Thanks.

Hi,

A somewhat off-topic query. I read in one post by blain2 that Pakistani SFs are being expanded in response to the expansion of Indian SFs as well as for WOT. So my query is this:

How do the extra commandos come about? I mean that if there is a requirement of 1000 guys under normal circumstances, then i assume that more than 1000 will apply. Out of this probably less than 1000 will finally become a part of the SFs because of the tough screening process. So when an expansion is required where do the extra ones come from? Are incentives given or are there extra recruitments for this purpose only? Will this reduce the quality?

Those guys who make their way upto SSG are normal PA soldiers , they get selected on their Mental abilities and physical strength.

There is no shortage of man power for SSG as having an SSG badge on your shoulder and SSG uniform with Maroon cap is the most romantic thing for every soldier in PA.

As far the Quality is concerned , SSG has Never compromised on that and never will in the future.

We provide Training to a bunch of International special forces and it is not impossible to Expand the training facilities or set up another facility for the expansion of SSG.

Balin would give a real good insight :D
Regards:

Hi,

Not much of an insight but its a fairly normal process of raising new units. Something that all armies do. Increasing the size of the SSG is no different than raising new infantry units. The difference actually comes in the form of the quality that is required.

Current expansion resulted in existing units splitting up their manpower to raise new companies. This allows experienced officers, JCOs/NCOs and jawans to to go to a new unit and recruit for additional manpower. When this is done, most of the existing units become understrength temporarily. However its easier for them to make up the strength than having to start a unit from scratch.

To enhance intake, the Special Operations School's faculty has been expanded and other facilities built. Over a period of time the intake becomes sufficient to man existing units fully and have manpower for newly raised units/companies.

The incentives include better pay for those who serve in the SSG and obviously a pre-requisite to serve in this elite unit is to have self-motivation understanding that you will serve with the best and this brings the right kind of talent in. For those who serve in the Infantry, SSG qualification is considered a very good thing for career enhancement, others arms value it but not to the extent it helps those in Infantry.

SSG is good but they are human beings.

They say - "Not we, but our job is different".

They are highly trained but they are not super human.

I think it is an extra bit of training,motivation and determination:coffee:

Yes you are absolutely right. Afterall it is troops and officers from the regular Army who make up the SSG. The difference is the level of mental/physical fitness and motivation that is institutionalized within the SSG. It would be wrong to assume that other officers and men in other units would lack such motivation, but SSG as a special operations unit pushes harder on both these counts than any other unit or formation in the Army.

Last edited:
SSG or PA? I was commenting that as far as I know, its not specifically an exercise between the SSG and Australian SAS. I do recall Australians offering up their training facilities for the CoIN training. Was there more to it?

Pakistan, Australia ink MoU to boost defence ties

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan and Australia signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to increase bilateral defence cooperation, a press release issued on Monday said.

The MoU was signed when Australian Defence Minister Senator John Faulkner called on Federal Minister for Defence Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar at the Ministry of Defence.

The MoU envisages promoting interaction between the armed forces of the two countries. It also aims to double the training package for the officers of the Armed Forces of Pakistan with help from the Australian side.

The meeting underscored the need for promoting closer collaboration between the armed forces of the two countries. The minister briefed his Australian counterpart about the social, economic and psychological impact of the war on terror on Pakistan.

The meeting was attended by Defence Secretary Lieutenant General (r) Syed Athar Ali, Rear Admiral Shah Sohail Masood, Ministry of Defence additional secretary and other senior military and defence officials of Pakistan. app

Threads Like these are Like Insulting the soldiers, trust me, they are Your National Hero's and Discuss there capability but If You Open a thread How good they are, You are doubting there performance....

Every soldier is a Gem of there country, Standing Vigil to protect those who he knows Nothing about, But still Protects You

IA,

I think your location says it all "Where ever My Country needs me to be".:tup:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom